Do I need high charisma and persuasion or is persuasion only enough ?

Users who are viewing this thread

RuiQi91

Recruit
I googled some posts about the importance of persuasion and was wondering if charisma is needed as well ? Also how much persuasion should I aim to have ? Is 8 enough ? I'd still like a strong character as I enjoy being in the frontlines.

Are female characters a lot weaker compared to a male in terms of combat ? Are there any major disadvantages to playing female character ?

I apologize for the necro but I'm wondering the same thing. I've probably read the same posts as the OP. Many on the Steam forums state that Cha itself is useless because starting choices + stat boosts in game can get your persuasion to 9 or 10, and starting leadership is good enough because in VC it stacks with your party members. Other posts however state that Cha is added or otherwise combined with persuasion so both are important.

When making a king character in WB I maxed Cha but that was only for persuasion/leadership, not Cha itself. Since attributes are much rarer in VC I want to plan correctly ahead of time.

there are a number of mechanics that use the charisma stat, like the number of recruits you get on a town.

a way to explore it would be to look at the game code for the "ca_charisma" variable (but that requires some basic modding know-how)

it helps a king for sure, even more if you are less combat oriented (and more of a general type).

As a practical answer, it all depends on how you want to play.

My fallback is to have a high strength character, as being in front lines builds experience fast, especially when your character is a beast! I will pick starting stats to get as much CHARACTER based skills as possible in leadership & persuasion.

Have played a CHARACTER based character and it is very different -- there are big benefits to having character at 20+ & 10 persuasion. Being good in melee though is not one of them.

Female characters have problems and benefits -- it is like all potential character builds, none is really better or worse, just requires different play style to match your build.

So, in the end, it is best to concentrate on one area as there are benefits getting "20" & even "30" in a trait. Best to decide at character creation and try and maximize skills for traits you do not plan to develop. None is better, they just play different.

Back
Top Bottom