Do I get nobles even if my lords owns all castles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I have followed the advice in the faq about giving all the castles to my lords, and keeping all the towns for myself. This works very well to get money and such.
Now ive finally buildt a knight chapter, but it is ofcourse in a castle of one of my lords. (since I only have towns.) Will I still get the nobles? or will just my lords pick them up and I will get none?
the reason why im asking is that I dont want to waste any of my nobles on my lords, and want to be prepared with a castle if I have to have one myself to get any.

I give all castles to my nobles, since I have all nobles arrive at my place. This way I don't have to pay the upkeep for the castle and I just profit :smile: When you get your third town your cash flow will stabilize.

ok, so I just keep one castle for myself, and make all the nobles arrive there.
But do I have to have a knights chapter to get the nobles to arrive there? or can they arrive in my castle even if I lack one in that castle?

also: will having several knights chapters (one in each castle) increase the rate at which I get nobles?

Rubberduck said:
Don´t know if it´s a bug, but my nobles arrived to my party, when I gave away all my castles.
That's nice feature. Mordachai made it, I didn't look at the code. Possibly you can make them arrive to towns as well then so maybe no castles are needed anyway :smile:

P.S.
But I will think about changing it in V4.5, it makes need of maintaining castles obsolete...

Diavolo said:
I think it would have been better if you just could build all the structures in a town.
Very weird that you cant build a stable in a town for instance.
Noone would need castles then. And I want to make them usefull.

If they arrive in your party that is a bug (although, as far as bugs go, its not so bad :wink:).

The code only allows you to set them to gather at a place that has a Chapter.  No chapter = no place.  Similarly, only location that have a chapter contribute to your recruitment.  So no chapter = no recruits.

have my knight chapter in one of my lords' castles finished now. tried to make the nobles appear in one of my towns, but I got the message that I dont own any knights chapters (?what?)
my nobles appeared in my party instead and I got the message "adenian squire immigrated to Diavolo" where my ingame name is Diavolo.

I think this works completely fine actually :mrgreen:

now I get about one noble avery day, will I get more of them every day if I build an other knights chapter?

Its currently 50% per chapter per day.  So 2 chapters on average will give you one noble per day.

The message is technically correct: you don't have any chapters.  One of your lords does.  You can't have your nobles go to your lord's castle (that would suck - you wouldn't get the noble, just like any other troops stationed there - they'd be your lords troops, not yours).

ok, I see. But if I build one chapter in one of my castles (one not owned by one of my lords) will I still get the "bonus" from the lords chapter? so I then will recieve 1 noble/day? (one chapter in a lords castle and one in mine)

Mordachai said:
Its currently 50% per chapter per day.  So 2 chapters on average will give you one noble per day.

Is this the same for the Marinans? Since they have their Chapters in Towns are are thus harder to get / more limited.

Yes, you still get the nobles even if it is in a lord's castle (assuming that you have at least one castle for them to congregate in).

Marinians are current short-shrifted on this.  This is how the code was when I found it, and it probably should count double for the Marinians, but it doesn't.  We're changing things considerably for v5 - so maybe this will be rebalanced then.

You'll survive as the Marinians, but it does add a layer of difficulty that the other cultures don't face.

Hah yes. And then that Artimenner leaves my Party just before I want to start the construction on my Knight's Chapter. That bastard lengthened the construction time with 2 weeks due that!

Marche said:
Mordachai said:

Is this the same for the Marinans? Since they have their Chapters in Towns are are thus harder to get / more limited.

Seems  to me more like two times 50% chance, since sometimes I get five nobles to no nobles. This with having ten chapters.

The "dice" are rolled once per chapter, and each time there is a 50% chance of rolling a recruit event.  So with 10 chapters, on average, you'll see 5 / day, but on any one given day, you may see 0 - 10.

Back
Top Bottom