Do enemy shields have a durability??

Users who are viewing this thread

Derizza

Recruit
I've been spending a lot of my time so far travelling from city to city participating in the Arena tournaments, done dozens lol, I am really enjoying them overall. Though, in the one handed matches, notably the 1v1 matches, I've never broken my enemy's shield. Makes me wonder if their shields have a higher durability, just cant be destroyed, or they are managing to deal more damage to my shield than I am to theirs, I do try to directional block everything so I take failing to do so into account. It makes for some incredibly boring matches, the main type of match I'd like to point out is 1h spear and shield. It is very easy for both the player and npc to block incoming spear attacks and makes for long, drawn out fights that have little entertainment value compared to the other matches.Still fun, but pretty annoying that the matches more often than not boil down to getting lucky shots in before they break your shield, or not. I play on realistic so losing my shield and hoping to directional block every incoming blow while getting hits in is pretty punishing.

When it comes to the spear and shield one just walk up and bash them to death. If you don't know how to bash hold block and press E. It's the only way to get it over quicker.

1vs1 seems to me a battle of speed.
It does not matter how much damage you do if the enemy can't hit you.
On the opposite i can't make a hit with a slow weapon. Only if i can let miss an enemy attack.

1vs1 seems to me a battle of speed.
It does not matter how much damage you do if the enemy can't hit you.
On the opposite i can't make a hit with a slow weapon. Only if i can let miss an enemy attack.

Not at all, distance and movement is everything. Speed is generally just what you give up for power.

If you have a longer weapon with reach you need distance and to step into your attack. A much more satisfying strategy I find compared to a speedy little club or short blade and walking into someone's face spamming attacks like a neanderthal. Heavy weapons break shields much faster too.

Back
Top Bottom