Do devs play their own game?

Are you happy with the current state of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 90.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I hadn't taken work ethics and cultural norms into account, good point. I hear Turkey's wage for software development is pretty poor, and payments can be delayed for months or even years, leading to massive wage losses due to Turkey's horrific inflation rate.

It's a shame not all companies respect skilled and specialized employees, I've always found paying someone extra for that little more commitment cost-efficient long-term, compared to scraping as much revenue out of underpaid staff which is akin to pulling teeth, but that may be a observer bias.
I don't think Turks are lazy (maybe they are, I don't know), but we know the company culture is easy-going and you can get away with poor performance. Poor management oversight is the problem here and this likely gets worse when people work from home. Salaries are also lower compared to non-game industry jobs, but this is the same everywhere.

I don't think Turks are lazy (maybe they are, I don't know), but we know the company culture is easy-going and you can get away with poor performance. Poor management oversight is the problem here and this likely gets worse when people work from home. Salaries are also lower compared to non-game industry jobs, but this is the same everywhere.

Agreed, I think poor management is also the leading issue here. Especially considering how many of the few english speaking dev's spend much of their own time on the forums, which suggests quite a large degree of personal commitment and conscientious'.

What I don't get is, how a company like TaleWorlds just made like 350 Million $$$ in revenue, but is still not capable to fix problems a first semester programming student can fix. I am of the opinion, that they haven't played MP in months, because if they had, they would know what kind of BS they are putting in the game... They'd know that hitboxes are ****ed and they'd know that "Wars of the Roses" has more players than their Multiplayer... AND THAT GAME DIED YEARS AGO. They just don't care.

Back
Top Bottom