Do devs play their own game?

Are you happy with the current state of the game?

• Yes

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 90.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

trafon

Recruit
Hello, i really want to know if the devs of Bannerlord play their own game or not. I've faced some devs in skirmish, tdm, and duel and they're all bad at their own game. If they really played their own game, they would've been aware of the same bugs and server crashes that's been going on for months, even years and at least try to fix them! Since they're bad at the game and don't play their own game, who gets to decide combat changes for the game? It's clear that they don't listen to community feedback and just do whatever they want, game would've been in a much better state right now if they listened to community feedback from the beta. Fortunately, there's still a very ez way to fix this mess, just admit that you can't fix these issues and release custom servers so you won't have to tweak around with how many javs a unit can have on its back and let the community fix the game. Do devs really think people will just magically start playing this game once it's fully released?

This is why i stopped playing this game and don't intend to come back unless i see some real changes, and i'm pretty sure most people that still play this game aren't happy with the state of the game and just play it because there's no alternative other than warband and this game is addicting somehow.

Not only do they play the game themselves, they also work with a selected group of players and watch them play matches against each other. On top of that they gather statistics from the public games, so every time you play you help making the game better. They also read all the feedback, so if you have something to share - do it.

Not only do they play the game themselves, they also work with a selected group of players and watch them play matches against each other. On top of that they gather statistics from the public games, so every time you play you help making the game better. They also read all the feedback, so if you have something to share - do it.
Reading feedback is one thing. Doing something with it is a whole other story, and that is precisely where they have been lacking for the last few years.

Reading feedback is one thing. Doing something with it is a whole other story, and that is precisely where they have been lacking for the last few years.
Unfortunately that's false and I know that because I've been here since alpha. They aren't fast to react, but they do react to the feedback here. I'd rather them ignore it, though, especially the one about constant cav nerfs.

Unfortunately that's false and I know that because I've been here since alpha. They aren't fast to react, but they do react to the feedback here. I'd rather them ignore it, though, especially the one about constant cav nerfs.
Well it seems like since you have been here since alpha means you got damaged somewhere along the way as the game is in the same state since March 30th 2020. Every update brought a downgrade with it.

Well it seems like since you have been here since alpha means you got damaged somewhere along the way as the game is in the same state since March 30th 2020. Every update brought a downgrade with it.
It's not, there has been consistent cav nerfs along the way, and the last update made the game an infantry's wet dream. But at least the blocking and overall melee feel much more consistent, I've got a lot better at blocking even despite the fact I rarely play anything but cavalry.

Do devs play their own game?​

[...]
I've faced some devs in skirmish, tdm, and duel and they're all bad at their own game
[...]
Since they're bad at the game and don't play their own game
Wew lad I know that you're trying to say that you aren't happy with the state of the game but at least try to retain some sense of coherence while doing so.

The devs do play their game and they can see the problems with it, one of them even openly expressing frustrations about cav in siege(I think it was NIN3).But even if they want to do something they have to go through the board and convince them about the changes first,add them to the long list of priorites, then implement them (which is the culprit regarding the slow development as far as I know).

There's countless cases where people said something in combat tests, and them doing the opposite thing. Example: crush throughs and passive perks

Tork no one can take you seriously anymore:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As for what @trafon said, the game is in such a bad state that it makes everyone but tork puke.
Have patience for a couple of years, with custom servers and community support the game will be fixed.

If you've been here since alpha and claim that you must be delusional. The developers have reacted to some posts and do something, but its very minimal and communication definitely is not their greatest asset. I wish they would start communicating more, we would all benefit from that.

If TW are so bad and don't listen to you, then maybe just give up already and leave the place? According to you lot, you've been complaining for years and nothing happened, then why bother continuing?

Back
Top Bottom