Do developers change the game based on our feedback? Should we have the power to vote on changes?

Should game changes be polls that everyone could vote on?

• yes

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • no

Votes: 50 76.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Even after everything I have written, and what I have seen, I trust TW to provide, at the the end of the EA, a working product, which hopefully will work with modders to expand upon in the future. I also trust TW it will continue to support BL and pump out DLC with more content. I say let them work and give them more time.

I have bad experiences when people use polls or there are a noisy minority step on on forums (that stupid squid in minecraft and the shield Nerf in morhau), but also i found that there it should be a feedback but not from the people new to the game but from experienced players and only as consultans of the new changes

They are listening, and they are aware of problems, but when they are trying to balance one op thing, they are breaking something else. For example, they heard of op cav problem after 1.5.5 release, and they added strong throwings after that instead of straight nerfing horse's maneuverability, wwss, spear oneshots and couches. For some reason they think straight nerfs is not the way.

They posted next balance manifest, and I saw there they want to make horses unkillable for ranged, but make heavy inf spears good against them. That clearly represents lack of their experience, cause if only they played competitive for 10h at least, they would understand that cav cannot be countered in melee in this game, cause they are always stabbing unaware enemies in their backs cause of their maneuverability. That's why I think they should listen for solutions, not only for spotted problems, they only have 1 guy who's playing matches, and he's level designer.

Like, I am sure you could get 12 top tier players (maybe even 24) from EU to play test a big MP update. Just make it an event for a saturday or friday and let them play like 7-8 matches. Many people would be happy to spend an entire day or more to explore the patch and give their thoughts.

I mean, this is not really a big point, because I would assume we would have balance updates every two weeks or so, but this seems not to be the case. So people will want to spend a few days testing a meta that they will endure for a month.

I know beta stopped because nobody played on them, but that is because there is no dedicated servers yet. You have to make an event for a skirmish game to start.

Like, I am sure you could get 12 top tier players (maybe even 24) from EU to play test a big MP update. Just make it an event for a saturday or friday and let them play like 7-8 matches. Many people would be happy to spend an entire day or more to explore the patch and give their thoughts.
And then what? For them to just ignore the same feedback those players wrote since the beta?
There is 0 point because TW will NOT change anything.

I know beta stopped because nobody played on them, but that is because there is no dedicated servers yet. You have to make an event for a skirmish game to start.
I dare say it's because the one time there was a concentrated effort to test the **** out of the beta version, it was when crushthrough was rushed in last second and despite the protests, made it to live anyways. Why bother beta testing and giving the feedback if it's gonna be straight ignored and go to live anyways? Might as well just stick to playing on live.

An example of when Taleworlds don't know when to just accept the community's stance on something: Kick throwing/shooting. Yeah they made it trickier to pull off but it's still pretty easy to do and it's just a silly cheap way of scoring a kill on someone who has done the right thing and closed the distance on an idiot who kept his ranged weapon out instead of switching to melee. No one would argue being allowed to kick someone with a ranged weapon to give time to switch weapons shouldn't be allowed but I don't think anyone thinks "Huh yeah well played to that guy" when they get kick thrown/crossbowed etc.

Back
Top Bottom