Do bandits current raid villages?

Users who are viewing this thread

the thing is all castles and cities prosperity relays on the towns they have. if bndits would attack and raid them, one faction is more screwed than the others who dont have so many bandits.

also recruitment for the faction with more bandit troops would be screwed if this factor isnt balanced good enough
that would impact their army strengt and so on and so on... snowball effect activated

You mean every type of bandits? I actually don't see bandits raiding villages. Most of the times they just flee from lords parties.
That happens mostly with Looters, but even Forest Bandits, Steppe Bandits and other strong bandit types don't seem very aggressive

Minor factions like those heretics in empire can raid villages i noticed, i suppose you could count them as "bandits"
yes but i count them as mercenaries :smile: And some might be unemployed because of the corona

They don't. And as far as I see, they also don't have the same mechanics as other NPC armies - so they are gathering their "units" and "supplies" from thin air.

I'm not sure if @mexxico works on bandit type of factions but since you are definitely working with Campaign, I want to ask:
Perhaps if you change bandits into a specific faction that doesn't take cities/castles but only raids villages and while keeping the same mechanics it would be better. They would be more rational, more alive.
But for that, they kinda need to tackle a recruiting aspect of it too. Since it wouldn't make sense for Forest Bandits to go a village and recruit new people( which probably they can't anyway since they will be at war with all the factions )
Perhaps that part also has to be changed to something like "Get new recruits if you successfully raid a village or when you go to bandit base or when you defeat an enemy party"

well they could recruit at the bandit hideouts ? :wink: and so could you with the right skills to as well as using em to sell and buy stuff :wink:

well they could recruit at the bandit hideouts ? :wink: and so could you with the right skills to as well as using em to sell and buy stuff :wink:
Yes that's already what I suggested. They can also implement something that when you buy from bandit hideouts, you will get things way cheaper because they are stolen but it can also effect your criminal rating with other factions. But again, these are more complicated suggestions and Im sure mexxico isn't working on those so he cannot say anything.
Would be better to focus first on fixing the walking shooting-range parties that can turn anything into recruits or material.

Yes that's already what I suggested. They can also implement something that when you buy from bandit hideouts, you will get things way cheaper because they are stolen but it can also effect your criminal rating with other factions. But again, these are more complicated suggestions and Im sure mexxico isn't working on those so he cannot say anything.
Would be better to focus first on fixing the walking shooting-range parties that can turn anything into recruits or material.
Well when i play as bandit lord i dont care about the criminal rating since im at war with all factions except one so i can sell stuff. Its also because the minigame when you fail that percentage to sneak in to towns you get instant jailed and isnt something you want to risk. Idk if has been expanded yet but it was so last time

Well when i play as bandit lord i dont care about the criminal rating since im at war with all factions except one so i can sell stuff. Its also because the minigame when you fail that percentage to sneak in to towns you get instant jailed and isnt something you want to risk. Idk if has been expanded yet but it was so last time
And your point is?

And your point is?
That criminal ratings dont affect you as a bandit as you get cheaper things..and isnt very penalizing for the trade of it so to speak. Maybe you get reduced selling to then yeah and you need fences in reg towns

That criminal ratings dont affect you as a bandit as you get cheaper things..and isnt very penalizing for the trade of it so to speak
I know that. Criminal rating only bans you from going inside the castles cities etc. I guess you are not completely reading what I'm writing. I'm saying:
ADD a new logic, which allows you to shop stolen items from bandit lairs for a cheaper price but doing that should also affect your criminal rate with other factions so that not everyone wants to do it - BUT this is a suggestion only and it's better for devs to focus on making bandits work like other lords FIRST before making other complicated gameplay changes

I know that. Criminal rating only bans you from going inside the castles cities etc. I guess you are not completely reading what I'm writing. I'm saying:
ADD a new logic, which allows you to shop stolen items from bandit lairs for a cheaper price but doing that should also affect your criminal rate with other factions so that not everyone wants to do it - BUT this is a suggestion only and it's better for devs to focus on making bandits work like other lords FIRST before making other complicated gameplay changes
No no i understood that... but just saying if youre going the criminal path of which you make alot of money anyways even if its more risky...If you gonna get cheaper things from fences in Bandit lairs you must get balanced with more risk to get it then criminal ratings or more inconvenience things so to speak or else its gonna be to convenient to play bandit so to speak.

No no i understood that... but just saying if youre going the criminal path of which you make alot of money anyways even if its more risky...If you gonna get cheaper things from fences in Bandit lairs you must get balanced with more risk to get it then criminal ratings or more inconvenience things so to speak or else its gonna be to convenient to play bandit so to speak.
I think risk is already there. Not a life threatening risk but its there. You should play wise. If you get bad with every single nation, then its a dumb idea because you won't be able to get into any city at all hence you can't make a profit from those cheap items. So they will be pointless.

So you should do something like, get cheaper stuff from Aserai Bandits, be bad with Aserai but sell whatever you got cheaper from them to Empire, for example. So that you can double your earning but you will also lose the chance to do anything with Aserain factions.

And as further improvement, they can simply add headhunters, which can try to chase you with tier 4-5 units if you are above certain criminality rate.

I think risk is already there. Not a life threatening risk but its there. You should play wise. If you get bad with every single nation, then its a dumb idea because you won't be able to get into any city at all hence you can't make a profit from those cheap items. So they will be pointless.

So you should do something like, get cheaper stuff from Aserai Bandits, be bad with Aserai but sell whatever you got cheaper from them to Empire, for example. So that you can double your earning but you will also lose the chance to do anything with Aserain factions.

And as further improvement, they can simply add headhunters, which can try to chase you with tier 4-5 units if you are above certain criminality rate.
Well ive made tons of money doing just that. If you have a good group along with sumpter horses you can stack up pretty good on loot then you turn back to your faction of choice and cash it in...Now with the horde changes though idk how it plays but before you could still be quite fast to get back. In other words the more enemies the more raids and noble prisoners :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom