Do AI Parties Recruit Troops Way More Aggressively on the New Patch (Main Branch 1.3.1)?

Users who are viewing this thread

TheShermanator

Sergeant
Do AI Parties Recruit Troops Way More Aggressively on the New Patch (Main Branch 1.3.1)? Every time I roll into any city or village, there are no few to no recruits - even on Very Easy recruitment. The text notices on the campaign interface, furthermore, show AI parties sweeping in and scooping all recruits - way more so than in previous patches. E.g. 'Isensa the Alone +11 recruits'

Pros and Cons to this, but it seems like it will make recruiting kind of a grind for the player.

They are recruiting a bit more aggressively in my new playthrough as Sturgia, but there are a few out of the way villages that tend to have something I can pick up.

Do AI Parties Recruit Troops Way More Aggressively on the New Patch (Main Branch 1.3.1)? Every time I roll into any city or village, there are no few to no recruits - even on Very Easy recruitment. The text notices on the campaign interface, furthermore, show AI parties sweeping in and scooping all recruits - way more so than in previous patches. E.g. 'Isensa the Alone +11 recruits'

Pros and Cons to this, but it seems like it will make recruiting kind of a grind for the player.
Yes they do. Ai will try to reach their army cap if possible.

I've grown weary of the recruitment system. The training system too. Notables are just an annoyance, rather than adding anything to the game. In towns many notables are criminals. Why does a lord allow criminals to have any say in the recruitment of troops?

Now that the AI lords are hoovering up all the troops, raising an army is going to be even more of an annoyance.

Fundamentally, I don’t mind the mechanics of the recruitment by environment system - where a finite supply of recruits and various lords competing for recruits shape a living recruit economy.

It’s just that every change they make breaks the balance of something else. In this case, they tuned up demand w out really increasing supply.If that’s the case, they should just rebalance recruit supply somewhat.

A pattern w balance does seem to be emerging though: they swing the pendulum wildly. Here’s hoping for a more measured adjustment!

Back
Top Bottom