SP - General DLC I would pay money for

Users who are viewing this thread

Love the game, happy with the recent updates except for not being able to assign units to specific groups in the party screen.
In my experience studios which continue to release DLC and thus actually get paid for their continued efforts in support of the game, end up supporting their games better and for longer. Thus here are something that I would pay for as DLC:

1. Coop campaign within one party. Don't care if I have to limit the battle size to 100 to run successfully. I'd easily pay $100 for this.
2. Batches of new unique troop trees / troop models. Large batches of new equipment models. I'd pay $10 to $20 a pop for one of these every quarter.
3. Morphologically fantastic enemies. A ten foot tall goliath that can sweep away multiple people with one swing of his greatsword. A swordsman with four arms. A minotaur with a giant axe. A centaur horse archer. I understand that it would be challenging to implement but I think the results could be incredible. I'd pay $60 for this to be added to the game with an associated framework to support for modders to make their own creatures.

Thank you for all your hard work, I look forward to seeing what you continue to create in the future.

This can all be done (or already has been done) by mods. The LOTR mod in making will have COOP campaign, big monsters and a lot of new units/armours. You do not need to pay for it. It is all done by the M&B community. (Though helping them in any way would definitely be nice).

TW just needs to finish the game's core and the community will drive it for another decade or two.

btw the LOTR mod is called "Kingdoms of Arda". Check it out, it look very promising.
Yes it seems cool. However in my experience modders can only do so much. The fact I can't find any game footage from this group of their planned 'big monsters' speaks volumes. Modders also tried to create war elephants in Warband, but the results were just goofy. To have good results for something like this it would be best to have the actual developers implement it, since they have the most experience with and ability to work with the engine.

New equipment and (normal humanoid) units are something that modders can definitely do well themselves, but the modeling and art done by the professional team is also very good and I would like to see more of it.

Last edited:
4. Gore DLC. I think this one is self explainable. Hitting someone at full speed on horseback in the head with a two-handed sword should make their head either come off or explode. An option for more blood effects. I saw a mod trying to do decapitation, but I think it would be far better if done by professionals. Even if it was only from hits by the player-character, and only roughly aligned with the joints of the models, it would make the experience fighting feel more intense. I'd pay $45 dollars for this.

The reason those things were goofy in Warband was, iirc, due to the engine not supporting different skeletons.
I remember the Bannerlord engine supporting such things being an older selling point for it, but that's likely stuffed away into some blog.

These suggested DLC and their "acceptable" costs are gross and dreadful.

5. Voice DLC. Voice actors and studio recordings cost money, obviously. I'd love to hear a larger variety of voices on the battlefield, and would gladly pay $15 per culture for a fleshed out pack of various cheers, insults, screams, etc. Personally I would prefer hearing different languages altogether, but accented is also fine.

The reason those things were goofy in Warband was, iirc, due to the engine not supporting different skeletons.
I remember the Bannerlord engine supporting such things being an older selling point for it, but that's likely stuffed away into some blog.

These suggested DLC and their "acceptable" costs are gross and dreadful.
The costs are what I would personally be happy paying, not what I think is a 'fair' price for everyone else. I'm a Paradox fan if that helps explain anything lmao.

Lots of promises are made during development. Once again ime things are better supported if developers actually receive money for doing so, otherwise things trail off and they move to the next full title release.

Back
Top Bottom