SP - General Dividing units without changing their troops types

Users who are viewing this thread

When choosing an option to split formation, create a subgroup within a formation instead of assigning them to a new one. So for example:

I have a group of archers. I can choose them by pressing 2. After I split them, I create two subgroups within that formation. So to pick each subgroup I'd have to press either 2, then 1 (picking first half of archers) or 2, then 2 (picking second half of archers) in a quick succession.

I think it's clearer and more easily manageable than assigning them to an arbitrary different group, e.g. skirmishers or heavy cavalry, like it works currently.

+1
Hell yeah! I have been missing something like this especially for big archer groups.

Also when you lead a group in an army you cannot split them or you loose control over them. This would solve it.

should be able to do it without hotkeys

they should have in battle UI that u can drag and drop or something too.

Or presets. presets would solve it

should be able to do it without hotkeys

they should have in battle UI that u can drag and drop or something too.

Or presets. presets would solve it
I don't know what you mean by presets, but I it would be nice to have the UI part. The thing is they are never gonna implement something like that, because it is "too much RTS like".

I don't know what you mean by presets, but I it would be nice to have the UI part. The thing is they are never gonna implement something like that, because it is "too much RTS like".
I meant like, you could save how u want ur formation to be, and ideally every battle your formation would start the same. Or you could have a hotkey that does Formation, Custom (some F thats reserved for it)

I meant like, you could save how u want ur formation to be, and ideally every battle your formation would start the same. Or you could have a hotkey that does Formation, Custom (some F thats reserved for it)
aaaah, yeah that would be great. I kind of gave up on that feature, knowing how the deployment works at the moment.

Having a hotkey that will make everyone form a certain formation, defined by the player, is not out of question though.

Back
Top Bottom