divide by 0 error?

mercury19

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
So I get the feeling this is long dead but I pulled out the 1.51 modmerger version anyway and I'm getting a divide by 0 error when using the mod. It only seems to be active if I'm enlisted. It's in the Native "calculate_castle_prosperities_by_using_its_villages" script, presumably the line (store_div, ":castle_prosperity", ":total_prosperity", ":total_villages"), since that's the only division in that script. Which means that somehow the ":total_villages" is getting assigned zero, but I don't know what in freelancer would change that?

Any chance anyone still checks this board and could give me some advice?

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
check the rule the mod uses to associate villages and castles. With Native (usual set of rules) you would have a relation of 1 to 1 (each castle has 1 village). Seems your game has one (or more) castles without a village.

the Native script is bugged, but as the rule of 1 to 1 hides it (the bug), it works fine  :mrgreen:

You could simple re-write the script and fix it, or analyze why some castles are without villages. Either should solve this.

If you need help with the code visit the Forge, Q&A thread.

mercury19

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Hmm, I don't think I've messed with any of the castle-village relationships but I'll see what I can find. Thanks!

EDIT: I fixed the issue. In the freelancer_parties file, the way that modmerger was used was throwing off the count of the towns/villages/castles.

All you have to do is find this chunk:

Code:
find_i = list_find_first_match_i( orig_parties, "zendar" )
		OpBlockWrapper(orig_parties).InsertBefore(find_i, parties)
and change the "zendar" to "routed_enemies" and the InsertBefore to InsertAFter, so it looks like this:

Code:
find_i = list_find_first_match_i( orig_parties, "routed_enemies" )
		OpBlockWrapper(orig_parties).InsertAfter(find_i, parties)
That SHOULD fix it and not cause any other errors.