Distance between two fighters

Users who are viewing this thread

I've also noticed there's no backhit in Bannerlord unlike Warband.
In warband if your swing touches anyone from behind, your hit wouldn't go further, here no matter how tight the formation is you can just facehug anyone with 130cm 2h sword, I was bringing short weapons for siege to avoid it, just realized it's pointless to use short weapons since there's no backhit.
That also explains how AI kills each other in matter of seconds even in this clustrfck, simply cause physics do not apply lol
If you die here, your body wouldn't fall lol
tCdJ6xOf_2021-01-25_21.20.33.png

Another thing that either the TW devs don't know or don't care to improve coming from Warband. Bots obviously step back when they are 1 on 1 versus the player, I know this because in Tournaments I try to kick the AI and they will step out of it. But it's like the hive mentality isn't there, it's just all thinking of themselves and not as a formation. In other words, zombies like they were in Warband.

love the "cyclical" dusting off of problems from behind the shelf. Not that I'm any kind of guru, but I've been commenting on all this since September 2019 on The tactical way: beyond the melee cluster.
Yeah, I'm stepping aside from "wasting" my free time, if you look at the posts since warband you see that much of what is now being discussed was already mentioned before. I think what we have to do now is just referencing and pointing out the issues already discussed. A while back I posted this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/broken-and-twisted-joints-armor.436263/
Wrists, elbows, Rubber waist,... often look broken and twisted.
I don't see this happening in other games so I assume this is fixable.

Edit: a simple search for "twisted rigging animations" and you can similar issues and, potentially, a solution
On the bugs section, hopping this would get addressed because there things are actually sent to the developers.
And... https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/
Under the "Animations" spoiler
  • While riding a horse, bow isn't moving realistically. Being investigated.
  • Rubber waist effect when polearm swing mounted. Being investigated.
  • Mutual animation points dont work properly.
I don't know if they were already aware or working on this issues, but apparently if you put the issues in a "bug format" you can reach to the developers and make actual change. So, anyone reading this, I incentivize you to go there and post the issues you want to see fixed in a "bug format", with the explanation of how to reproduce, possible solution, and all of that...

Yeah, I'm stepping aside from "wasting" my free time, if you look at the posts since warband you see that much of what is now being discussed was already mentioned before. I think what we have to do now is just referencing and pointing out the issues already discussed. A while back I posted this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/broken-and-twisted-joints-armor.436263/

On the bugs section, hopping this would get addressed because there things are actually sent to the developers.
And... https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/
Under the "Animations" spoiler
  • While riding a horse, bow isn't moving realistically. Being investigated.
  • Rubber waist effect when polearm swing mounted. Being investigated.
  • Mutual animation points dont work properly.
I don't know if they were already aware or working on this issues, but apparently if you put the issues in a "bug format" you can reach to the developers and make actual change. So, anyone reading this, I incentivize you to go there and post the issues you want to see fixed in a "bug format", with the explanation of how to reproduce, possible solution, and all of that...
Kind of like how I posted a bug where shields didn't block while its on your back. Many updates later, the issue was finally marked solved. I go back to play and shields still don't block on back. Range still give damage. smh.

Less of a distance problem, and more of general AI problem -- as in, the AI doesn't really have a concept of fighting as a unit, ie., the moment an attack order is given they disregard the initial formation they were in, and will all lurch forward seeking a target to fight.

The "formations" for the AI in this game, are essentially nothing more than "initial starting position." If both sides in a battle actually had a concept of what "formation" is, and they engage as a part of the formation with full regard to "not wanting to die", naturally the fights will last a heckuva lot longer since essentially the first only the first 1~2 lines will be fighting, constantly and carefully trading jabs, and then moving away to avoid retaliation.

Kind of like how I posted a bug where shields didn't block while its on your back. Many updates later, the issue was finally marked solved. I go back to play and shields still don't block on back. Range still give damage. smh.
673e3c9d72d859189972bfce33a837c8.gif

I still don't understand how the AI cannot even block each other, clearly there is a major development issue when 9 years after announcement the AI cannot even function with the games literal core combat mechanic. Let's not even mention they have made multiple games with the blocking mechanic and have been developing it since what 2005, and still they can't get the Ai to effectively use it?

Anyway great post, completely agree.

Back
Top Bottom