SP Native displaced plainsmen mod (v 0.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

well i submitted my mod, still pretty new, but figured i should make a place for discussion on it.

currently on the immediate to do list:
put in a population system (affected by how quickly you draft soilders)
tax system for your taxing your people
*dialog (basically just on here so that when i don't feel like working on the other stuff, i will do minor dialog changes)

long term to do list:
citizen mood system (such as creating more brigands and stuff when you piss them off)
seige system (for starving out a walled town, instead of just assualting it)
revamp quests
war triggers (such as putting together a special army to kill a party that gets too big, or retaking cities, etc.)
revamping the quick and dirty map i've done with Thorgrim's map editor (there we go the correct name to give credit where credit is due)
graphics (scenes especially, but also armors and horses, i will probably mostly beg, barrow and steal these, ex. the "your tribe" uses woodsman village from the last days [not permanently though])

things i've done:
prisoner management for npc parties (now they trade them and recuit more troops based on level)
tribes (tribesmen towns) move during the day, then stop during the night
the smithies in the tribes are private smiths (not for you to buy from/sell to)
horses are not sold by the hill people's merchants (will probably change it so that they get the generic horses)

npcs - the main npcs that will eventually be used for other features (trainers, smiths, etc.)
locked the taverns during the day for the plainsmen
created a faction morale system (like The Last Days mod)

2 new npcs
4 new troop trees
35 new troops
new items themed for the new troops/npcs
a few modifications to existing hill weapons
smithing npcs + new npcs create items via dialog menu
captain of the gaurd and plains cheiftan create automaticly spawning parties via dialog menu
smiths + new npcs enable more troops to be spawned either by their presence or via dialog
hill smiths may contract out forges and stable for money

bugs 0.1:
forgot to have the hill people trade their prisoners out; fixed for version 0.2
ai helms and footwear available through the smiths (sopposed to be available only through personal smiths and loot); fixed for version 0.2
a few prisoner trading scripts shouldn't have worked (noticed some improper coding left over from an earlier attempt); fixed for version 0.2
merchant in salt mine has no gold; haven't tested on this one yet, i thnk i fixed this one, along with possibly all non tribal merchants not reclaiming their money;maybe fixed for version 0.2
didn't fix 6th tier troops having practise horses;pretty sure i fixed this one now, i tried giving npcs item modifiers, pretty sure the modifiers got translated into items instead of modifiers.; fixed for version 0.2

bugs 0.2:
spelling(might not fix for a while)
troops killing horses for fun (and not in native, altough i don't think this is the case currently)
no dialog explaining battles against peasants of the countryside(might not fix for a while)

bugs 0.3:
player npc parties are hostile when talked to
new troops not integrated into the npc prisoner management system; fixed for 0.4

any way be sure to check out the faster elite plains horses, they can couch while in a river, when i get the smithies up and going it won't too unbalanced though (try hurting a knight or noble!). and i think i fixed the problem of the 6th tier troops sometimes riding in on horses (practise horses).;(fixed 0.2)  i'll try to check this every day for stuff.

edit:
well i wasn't checking on that little yellow box to see if there was any problems with the upload before, and well found the problems so here you go:https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=270
0.3 is current version

horses are not sold by the hill people's merchants (will probably change it so that they get the generic horses)
That sounds cool. I haven't seen that before.

Well, but how do you know wheter a npc is smith or not,  if he doesn`t sell or buy anything? I mean, what kind of a smith he are then? :roll:

Hello,

Sounds like an intresting mod, Good start, Good ideas. I will be looking foward to see more of it.

Servitor

Snori said:
Well, but how do you know wheter a npc is smith or not,  if he doesn`t sell or buy anything? I mean, what kind of a smith he are then? :roll:
well remember the vanilla smiths?  currently i left the option "let's see what you have." and instead of going to the trade screen he just says "sorry i'm a private smith."  i doubt those are the exact words,but they are close.  eventually you'll have your own smiths, but they won't have a whole bunch random stuff like the smiths now, you will give them something to make and in a while they will give you it.

jeansberg said:
That sounds cool. I haven't seen that before.
heck that was the simple half, but thanks.

thanks for the positive feedback, sorry i didn't pay more attention to the repository earlier, keep in mind the hill people wearing what looks like good armor, is really good.  not only will you need upper levels of power draw, but also good bows in order to do damage with head shots.

danthegreatc said:
Wow this is going to be a great mod. Hey maybe when you are done I could borrow some of your ideas for my mod.
what part you intrested in, i can post the code if you want, or maybe its one of the things on the to do list?

edit:  can do danthegreatc, just looked up your mod, the first posting had some really mean people, i wonder if the wild west thing had as much flaming at first.  seems to be fleshing out nicely though now that the title of the thread changed.

Once you get close to being off the alpha and more tpwards the higher stages of beta I might use the smithy idea, My mod won't be ready for that stuff for a while.

BUG: The merchant in the Salt Mine has no gold.

BALANCE: Don't you thing the "Capture the Nobleman" party is a weeeee bit too strong? The Armored Halbardmen are ridiculously armored, fast, and their weapon is ridiculously powerful. At the beginning of the game, I got the mission. After many, many tries of dying withing 3 seconds of the battle, I cheated the character to Level 20 to test. It took 10 minutes of CTRL+H to finally win ... and that with a high level character. If a mission is offered at the beginning of a game, it has to be winable at the beginning of a game.

HardCode said:
BUG: The merchant in the Salt Mine has no gold.

BALANCE: Don't you thing the "Capture the Nobleman" party is a weeeee bit too strong? The Armored Halbardmen are ridiculously armored, fast, and their weapon is ridiculously powerful. At the beginning of the game, I got the mission. After many, many tries of dying withing 3 seconds of the battle, I cheated the character to Level 20 to test. It took 10 minutes of CTRL+H to finally win ... and that with a high level character. If a mission is offered at the beginning of a game, it has to be winable at the beginning of a game.
i definately agree, i haven't revamped the quests yet.

new version out, a bit earlier than i thought too.
didn't do much dialog, basically just some npc support.  will probably add a couple of npcs when i implement raising of troops from your stronghold (either tribe or fort).  in the future i will probably have the loss of the seige party remove all morale boosts.  left some weapons and stuff in the zendar chest, so that you can compete a little easier, although some have real steep requirements.  i also left in some no string stuff i used for debuging.  haven't fully play tested the morale benefits (basically tier 2 and up), as well as the newest code for the leaders dialog informing you of the current morale (changed it because it started off saying i was in the last town i was in).

this version:
- i changed the long pike, it can no longer couch or parry, and both the long pike and the heavy halbred lack horse mounted attacks (the heavy halbred can couch though).
- damage value for the knights lance reduced, long pike damage increased.
- locked plains taverns during the day.
- added benefits for killing war parties (morale), three tiers of morale, random of three in tier 1, random of two in tier 2, next time spawns a powerful party (for the side that killed the war party), and the time after that simply protects against a single demoralize (roughly 1/2 the time one of your war parties is destroyed).  complete tier 1 to get to tier 2, demoralize drops a whole morale tier of the enemy.
- the core npcs are in game and recuitable (leader, military leader, horse breeder, armorsmith, weaponsmith for each side) right now they are just npcs for your party, the hill smiths aren't much for combat, the leader is the key to spawning your stronghold (this doesn't really do anything right now).
- find out current morale benifits by talking to your leader in your stronghold.

Matheus said:
A good idea indeed, but I think you will need new items to give a litlle more realism.
you mean graphic wise?  all new troops have new items, although they currently are just edited vanilla ones.  in fact the hill people are built around their equiptment, and the plainsmen are chaotic but built a bit around their horses.

jamoecw said:
Matheus said:
A good idea indeed, but I think you will need new items to give a litlle more realism.
you mean graphic wise?  all new troops have new items, although they currently are just edited vanilla ones.  in fact the hill people are built around their equiptment, and the plainsmen are chaotic but built a bit around their horses.

I will take a look at the version I'm playing. I think I'm with the old one.  :oops:

Excellent mod--especially since it is only 1/5 done! :shock:
Have been playing it for a day or two, and I fell in love with it immediately. You don't get the full effect of the tribal horde unless you set battle sizes to about 300, but my party of sixty Halberdmen (should be halberdiers, shouldn't it?), greatswordsmen, armored swordsmen, snipers, macemen and axemen rarely take heavier casualties than two or three per battle--as it should be. I love this mod as it is--please, please DON'T BALANCE IT!! The Cities of the Emperor should pwn little tribesmen. It is fine as it is!! No need to balance it! It is great! This is how halbediers should be. *grin*...Will edit my post with a bug report.
    There were numerous minor things like mispellings--e.g. "soilder" (or something to that effect) instead of "soldier". It annoyed me that the wages of the level 60 "noble" troops were always around 37,000 denars per week--but I don't know if you can edit the wage, isn't it set upon level of troop (and increases exponentially...)? A party "Peasants of the Countryside" attacks you for no reason upon encounter. Also, my brother (equally obsessed with the mod) reports that troops frequently attack riderless horses that are just standing there. Haven't seen any of the horse-slaughter myself, though.       

Gregor Eisenhorn said:
    Excellent mod--especially since it is only 1/5 done! :shock:
Have been playing it for a day or two, and I fell in love with it immediately. You don't get the full effect of the tribal horde unless you set battle sizes to about 300, but my party of sixty Halberdmen (should be halberdiers, shouldn't it?), greatswordsmen, armored swordsmen, snipers, macemen and axemen rarely take heavier casualties than two or three per battle--as it should be. I love this mod as it is--please, please DON'T BALANCE IT!! The Cities of the Emperor should pwn little tribesmen. It is fine as it is!! No need to balance it! It is great! This is how halbediers should be. *grin*...Will edit my post with a bug report.
    There were numerous minor things like mispellings--e.g. "soilder" (or something to that effect) instead of "soldier". It annoyed me that the wages of the level 60 "noble" troops were always around 37,000 denars per week--but I don't know if you can edit the wage, isn't it set upon level of troop (and increases exponentially...)? A party "Peasants of the Countryside" attacks you for no reason upon encounter. Also, my brother (equally obsessed with the mod) reports that troops frequently attack riderless horses that are just standing there. Haven't seen any of the horse-slaughter myself, though.       
the wages are hard coded, so don't have too many knights and nobles in your party (having a knight under your command is pretty expensive, usually only kings command them in any great numbers), when taxation is implemented you can have a high tax rate and have a knights in your armies regularly.
my spelling isn't the best and i haven't even proofed it at all, will do before final.
the peasants although technically of the empire, are from the countryside and used to imperial armies raiding them for supplies and new recuits (just like medeival europe), the sympathizers are the neutrals, and again technically part of the empire, although they are kings (under the emperer) which means it would be a declaration of war if their forces were attacked by another king, which would break the unity of the empire in this time of need.  in the future i plan on making it so that the peasants that you capture after a battle against peasants of the countryside can be "drafted" into your army.
the killing of the riderless horses happens after the rider has been killed, the troops continue to attack were the ai beleives it will hit the target, you can also see this when archers and such fire in a random direction.  basically this is a native problem, although it isn't much of one since it doesn't affect loot and usually only happens at the end of a battle.

jamoecw said:
the killing of the riderless horses happens after the rider has been killed, the troops continue to attack were the ai beleives it will hit the target, you can also see this when archers and such fire in a random direction.  basically this is a native problem, although it isn't much of one since it doesn't affect loot and usually only happens at the end of a battle.
    No, I am pretty sure troops will attack the horses of long dead riders--horses that are just galloping past. I put the same thing you said up to my brother when he first told me, and he said it wasn't so.  :???:

hmm.... maybe a native glich?  i can't touch the ai so i don't know if i can even begin to acheive that affect with my current skills, i think he might have just found a native glich.  congrats!  if it is then your brother just became an important beta tester, possibly to acheive his name in the credits!  this is good, no joke.  see if he can reproduce it, then give as much info you can including system specs and what game options as well as info on what he and his army were doing prior and during the event.  then post in here.

Back
Top Bottom