Disorganized State?

Users who are viewing this thread

When chasing a smaler party there should be the option to send forth the cavalry to catch up.
yes, there are a couple of mods that do this, but i would like this in vanilla game. I would like a new section of your party menu where you have your troop overview and you prisoner overview where you can drop cavalry units. (or a way to mark these units an other way)

2 ways to use them.
key+Lmouseclick: These units will chase the enemy party an harass them, reducing the party speed. (both sides take casualties over time)
Key+Rmouseclick These units will chase the enemy party and engage in battle. (best use for small groups)

When chasing a smaler party there should be the option to send forth the cavalry to catch up.
There is, in practice:
You can already do this by forming a small (15-50) party of all-mounted troops under one of your companions. They'll beeline straight for your target and engage, as long as you are close enough to support them.
In works fine in vanilla. Make sure you are targeting the party (it should say, "Chasing X's Party" on your status) then go to the Clan screen, Party tab, "Create Party." Select a companion or family member in your party presently and give them some mounted troops (tier doesn't matter, only being mounted). They'll appear on the map and immediately go after the party you have targeted.

I am not sure if this is intended functionality, but it is how I've been using my clan parties to snag faster parties/armies.
The post is from three years ago, but it still worked the last time I did a complete playthrough.

There is, in practice:

The post is from three years ago, but it still worked the last time I did a complete playthrough.
In all my plays disbanding a party is a gamble. Often they get stuck in a village. So try do avoid it.
Usually i don´t have a party slot over. There is always partys roaming around to reach that 75 in leadership.

There is, in practice:

i think this works but are you 100% sure about what this party is going to do? besides this would require a lot of tedious repetition for every party you would like to target. To stick these actions to an key+mouseclick would streamline this part.

i think this works but are you 100% sure about what this party is going to do? besides this would require a lot of tedious repetition for every party you would like to target. To stick these actions to an key+mouseclick would streamline this part.

Yes this would have been an interesting mechanic to develop to make the overhead map game much more interesting. Especially since they've apparently tiled Battle scenes all over the map. Imagine an even simplified system in which AI parties could recognize terrains that would best suit their party makeup and either try and lure or catch an enemy to fight in favorable conditions -ya know, pretty much like every battle ever fought in historical terms

There is, in practice:
You can already do this by forming a small (15-50) party of all-mounted troops under one of your companions. They'll beeline straight for your target and engage, as long as you are close enough to support them.

Really? I didn't knew that this was possible haha after so much time in this game. Never did use this option, will surely try

But I guess the chances are greater if the companion is daring or impusive?

Yes, I am sure about what the party will do. They follow the same logic as every other AI party when they "see" another, larger friendly party available to support the battle. They'll try to catch the enemy party.

I suppose TW could've changed it at some point in the last few months, but I doubt it.

And yeah, it should be a feature in game but they aren't really big on adding new mechanics.
Really? I didn't knew that this was possible haha after so much time in this game. Never did use this option, will surely try

But I guess the chances are greater if the companion is daring or impusive?
No clue if personality does anything because whenever I do it, they run right to the enemy and tackle them. The only thing that causes it to go wrong is if I assign too few troops so they get defeated before my main party/army can catch up.

edit: Actually, I just remembered one rub: if you assign way too few troops to the party, they'll go and recruit instead. I forget how many I sent minimum, but it was around 25-40 cavalry/HA to the party.

No clue if personality does anything because whenever I do it, they run right to the enemy and tackle them. The only thing that causes it to go wrong is if I assign too few troops so they get defeated before my main party/army can catch up.

edit: Actually, I just remembered one rub: if you assign way too few troops to the party, they'll go and recruit instead. I forget how many I sent minimum, but it was around 25-40 cavalry/HA to the party.
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom