Dislike the New Class System in Bannerlord Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

The git gud argument. Love this one!

You didn't even realize you just agreed with my post.
Naked two-handers hold newcomers from enjoying the game.

And you completely ignored my one:

Buddy how many times you gotta be told, that was never the meta, and those same guys using that **** are now just killing you with a shield and sword anyways, so what's the point.

Also how tf does it prevent meta when the meta right now is literally 6 heavy cavalry or lose.

Explain how naked two-handers prevent newcomers from enjoying the game when I see veterans stacking 6 people in a party to wipe aside any new players quickly in a 6 cav couch rush in skirmish so they can farm their wins up?

Your picking a fight with the wrong thing, the class system doesn't help **** here, a rating matchmaking would have fixed this much easier.

Does skill ceilings that are unlimited stop new players from enjoying the game? Should we just take away all the skill elements like there’s always gonna be a server wiper even in bannerlord

Does skill ceilings that are unlimited stop new players from enjoying the game? Should we just take away all the skill elements like there’s always gonna be a server wiper even in bannerlord
The skill ceiling can be endless if you are capeable of creating a decent matchmaking. You couldi make skirmish lvl 5+ aswell so people need to play other gamemodes first before they jump into mm. (similar to league)

idk why so many bring the naked guy argument, the archers accuracy will just laser him. He will poke cav when he hits them. The blocking is dog****. You can have infinite skill but the game is holding you back.

Last edited:
The "naked guy" thing is such a ridiculous misconception/misrepresentation in the first place, people would have you believe half of Warband players were taking no armor and a great sword when at most it would be 2 or 3 people in a server with 70+ others.

Also being naked sucks it sucks ass, no armor, you get shot 95% of the time, and the speed bonus is negligible. People make the weirdest straw men

I like the class system. It's streamlined and prevents meta.
Naked two hander ballerina is the kind of meta that totally prevent newcomers from enjoying the game.

just to clear this common misconception up, there is literally nothing better than taking armor in warband. going armorless was a swag move to show that you can't compete with those players. looks like it rings true for you and also shows you have some severely lacking judgement as ballerina is far more prominent in bannerlord

This is not the case, it doesn't prevent meta at all. Meta is about doing whatever is most optimal, all the class system accomplishes is giving less choice to players willing to deviate from the meta and those who play more laid back game-modes like TDM/Siege. There are still going to be right and wrong picks for people playing competitive.

Naked two hander ballerina is the kind of meta that totally prevent newcomers from enjoying the game.

This was never the meta in casual or competitive Warband. It was done as a meme or as a personal challenge - those players would be even harder to fight if they were actually in armor. Them being naked gave new players a chance to get a lucky strike, if anything. Not sure what you mean by ballerina, if someone was spinning they were probably a newcomer themselves; good players hardly ever spun in Warband. Ironically, it's more viable in Bannerlord due to the way movement is currently and because you can accelerate hits with it in a way that would have resulted in a bounce on Warband.

The premade loadout system is a step down from Warband, at least for casual players. I'm sure there is some potential for it in a competitive environment, and it definitely makes sense in Captain Mode. While I can't speak for the competitive players, I have seen a lot of them complaining about the class system as well.

Naked two hander ballerina is the kind of meta that totally prevent newcomers from enjoying the game

You have no idea what you are talking about. The only reason to go naked is to show off or to "take it easy" on the other team.

My point stands still.
Premade classes enable for viable balancing and prevents meta.
It's easier for newcomers to pick up as well.
Tbh i prefer the new class system aswell, but TW isnt capeable of fixing it. So might aswell remove it and give a similar system to mordhau/mercenaries.

My point stands still.
Premade classes enable for viable balancing and prevents meta.
It's easier for newcomers to pick up as well.
Did you even read any of the replies? They demonstrate that the exact opposite of the case. The meta is if anything far stricter, with very few viable options, and no real way of adjusting the options. The game is also extremely unbalanced at the moment.
Newcomers on the other hand are driven off by the fact that it's no more obvious which choices are best than it was in Warband, and to make matters worse, the fun of customisation is gone.

Finally, the naked two-hander strawman is ultimately a sign that you don't even know what Warband is like. You don't know what the meta is like (you mistook a self-imposed handicap as overpowered), how rigid it is, or how many different playstyles and builds are actually viable in competitive or casual play. This means that you can't even know which game is better in these aspects as you don't have any of the necessary data to determine that.

Multiplayer is already dying, and I think it's a combination of lack of effort from the devs in the multi section, the new class system that's boring and only 3 game modes. I struggled to find a siege match today, waited 25 minutes in queue, just to end the game in 3 minutes because the server crashed. Great.

Back
Top Bottom