Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds good, though i is what I'm really looking forward to, I can see why you'd want to sort out the NPCs 1st.  I'll stop pestering you, and let you get on with it  :grin:

I know you said no promises or guarantees Ashes, but do you have any idea at all when you might be able to release h?

And one thing that I really liked that you can't do now, and I think I've seen it in eithe Native or other mods, is the ability to talk to the troops not just NPCs to find out their lvl and skills.

How do I get a captain for my kingdom..? Wait alot of captains, I own pretty much all of the vaigers lands now ,and i'm my own kingdom any ideas how to get npcs to patrol for me?

Smirnoff said:
Sounds good, though i is what I'm really looking forward to, I can see why you'd want to sort out the NPCs 1st.  I'll stop pestering you, and let you get on with it  :grin:
Howlinator said:
How do I get a captain for my kingdom..? Wait alot of captains, I own pretty much all of the vaigers lands now ,and i'm my own kingdom any ideas how to get npcs to patrol for me?

That's why ; ).  I want you to feel like the world is more real before I move on.

i can't find a single female peasant...

i really like to the them as prisioners...those Swordsisters are pretty nice and cheap.

Luizinho said:
i can't find a single female peasant...

i really like to the them as prisioners...those Swordsisters are pretty nice and cheap.

Oh yea, thats number 1 on the list, more female prisoners ; )

Would it be possible to implement a flag pole or standard to where your baggage is like was in the The Last Days Lotr mod? Spotting that stupid little box can be a bit of a pain sometimes if I forget to check which part of the map I started.

Also, is it somehow possible to mark the location of the baggage to the minimap?

That would be really cool, sadly I know not the first thing about making graphics, etc. etc.  I didn't know last days had that.  I also haven't seen a mini-map yet... is that just me?

Ashes42 said:
That would be really cool, sadly I know not the first thing about making graphics, etc. etc.  I didn't know last days had that.  I also haven't seen a mini-map yet... is that just me?

Press the backspace button on the battle map for the mini-map.

just throwing something out there.

now i know bandit king is strictly a coding mod. but vilhjalmr has got something i think would work very well in the bandit king of, "real character" that you have planned. in the mod iron man, if at any time you drop below 16 hp. it disfigures your characters face! it is open sourced, so all you need do is merge it. warning though it also has death, no wounding, and no visible health bar so a partial merge would be needed... as im not sure if others like that type thing. (i personally love it, it makes you think hard on your actions, makes for intense battles.)

anyway, just a suggestion  :mrgreen:

Sounds cool, although it prolly wouldn't be fun for me as I tend to go down rather often, and I'm a big wussy.  I already merged the Realistic Combat Model with my version of Bandit King (easy job, that), and thinking of adding other code stuffs that I like.  I think it'd be interesting, though, and maybe something in that could help mortalize the npcs.

Pagan said:
now i know bandit king is strictly a coding mod. but vilhjalmr has got something i think would work very well in the bandit king of, "real character" that you have planned. in the mod iron man, if at any time you drop below 16 hp. it disfigures your characters face! it is open sourced, so all you need do is merge it. warning though it also has death, no wounding, and no visible health bar so a partial merge would be needed... as im not sure if others like that type thing. (i personally love it, it makes you think hard on your actions, makes for intense battles.)

I don't think I want to go that step.  I don't mind if someone takes my mod and goes that step, but I think that kind of thing loses some of the audience.  It's not quite where I want to go.  I'm not sure if I want to go as far as to make things like the game-over screen. Death will have greater penalties in Bandit-King, but they won't be as far as a game over, mostly you lose things that you worked to gain, relations may change etc.

As for mortalization of the NPCs, its already coming.  They will be harder to drop than a regular soldier (when a regular soldier drops in combat, if he's not dead, he tends to go home making him out of game, your NPCs would heal up and stick it out.)  They still may die, but it shouldn't be something you worry about all the time.

Shire said:
Would it be possible to implement a flag pole or standard to where your baggage is like was in the The Last Days Lotr mod? Spotting that stupid little box can be a bit of a pain sometimes if I forget to check which part of the map I started.

In one of the BRFs in Firearms Mod (stuff.brf I think) there is this flagpole, you just need to open the file with BRF edit, delete all other items, put it into Bandit King's 'Resources' folder, put the corresponding texture into 'Textures' folder, and enable that BRF in module.ini (load_mod_resource=stuff.brf, or something similar).

Chel said:
Shire said:

In one of the BRFs in Firearms Mod (stuff.brf I think) there is this flagpole, you just need to open the file with BRF edit, delete all other items, put it into Bandit King's 'Resources' folder, put the corresponding texture into 'Textures' folder, and enable that BRF in module.ini (load_mod_resource=stuff.brf, or something similar).
I love the Flag-mod! Btw. maybe its easier to simply download it over at the rep: "Inventory Chest Locator (for all mods)"  https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=390

Could you make Zendar an attackable town? I have a whole sprawling set of gray-colored text (centered around Zendar), and it looks like a contiguous kingdom. Consequently, I would like Zendar to be the capital (mayhap) of this kingdom.

Khadmus said:
Could you make Zendar an attackable town? I have a whole sprawling set of gray-colored text (centered around Zendar), and it looks like a contiguous kingdom. Consequently, I would like Zendar to be the capital (mayhap) of this kingdom.

Good idea! My vote for it!  Zendar is so useless without that, once your game progresses.

Back
Top Bottom