Discussions and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry for the different messages guys just got new ideas when i was reading the old ones.
Ps Could you guys check out NeoGK and tell me if this could be used in campaign ( even happy if bots can't use it ) fhanks a lot guys

Service_Disconnect said:
Taro8 said:
Please remove the code from Freelancer with removes the party from player when joining the lord. If you can keep your troops you can have your own mercenary company. It works very well, if you want to do a quick test, just recruit some mercs in town when you stationed in the town.
You can become a mercenary, it's a separate thing.

Freelancer allows you to join the lord's army and become a soldier for him. However, when you join his army your party is taken away from you and disappears for the duration of your service, only to return magically when you are done.

What Im suggesting is letting the player keep his party even when employed as a soldier for the lord. This makes it look like player can have his own company with is a part of a bigger army.

Hi

yeah, this mod, i like, the ideas, its cool
few things:

1) please dim it down, 2 much is happening on the map
2) there's allot of guys looking for you blood, as said in (1), I really cant use ctrl-space, coz i wil have big problems
3) whatever you have planned for future, do not change the map, calradia is a cool map and we all know where everything is
4) haven't played mod that much, but i fought this one guy and he had a champion, so i was like whoop whoop, ima get me this cool looking soldier, so I go to troop tree, mercenaries, outlaws, other, freelancer, khergit, swadia and all nope, oh rhodok, found ya, the troop trees is nice just maybe faction name before each troop?

Please note that i have played this mod 4 days ago and havent played pc from that day, so my memory is a bit rusty, i hope everything i have mentioned does make sense, else ignore it xD

HammYtheMagnificent said:
Hi

yeah, this mod, i like, the ideas, its cool
few things:

1) please dim it down, 2 much is happening on the map
2) there's allot of guys looking for you blood, as said in (1), I really cant use ctrl-space, coz i wil have big problems
3) whatever you have planned for future, do not change the map, calradia is a cool map and we all know where everything is
4) haven't played mod that much, but i fought this one guy and he had a champion, so i was like whoop whoop, ima get me this cool looking soldier, so I go to troop tree, mercenaries, outlaws, other, freelancer, khergit, swadia and all nope, oh rhodok, found ya, the troop trees is nice just maybe faction name before each troop?

Please note that i have played this mod 4 days ago and havent played pc from that day, so my memory is a bit rusty, i hope everything i have mentioned does make sense, else ignore it xD

There are a lot of game mechanics changed in A New Dawn, but since Deathwhisper is AFK, I'll try to tell you from my experience why those suggestion would kill the Mod spirit (no offense):

1) That's one of the big improvements of this mod. The game rithm is insane and map events can be annoying sometimes, but with experience you'll find it's much better as it is now. Native or Floris was more friendly at the start, but very boring in the long run. To correct that is the main feature of AND.

2) As I said before, that's the cream and butter of this mod, however one thing you can do is to enlist into a faction lord army at the start. Of course it's up to you, but AND is not a mod where you can become a warlord alone from the very beginning. I usually enlist in an army and just scale ranks getting levels and far better armor and weapons, then when I get to highest rank or get boring, I just desert and go talk to another faction lord, pay for peace and then join him just to leave it (doing this resets your relations with the other factions so you can start your own army without being chased by everyone). Don't know if that was intended, but as for 0.62 it works great.

3) I agree, but I don't mind getting even more new castles/towns/villages in Calradia.

4) Man, don't be so lazy now. You have the troop trees in reports so... why not start enjoying the game and playing it instead for asking this kind of things? If you just want to win you can always press Ctrl+Alt+F4 and see your enemies fall before you...

First and foremost:

Dear Deathwhisper!
This is an amazingly entertaining mod. I have spent countless hours playing MB with it, much more than any other mod + vanilla. The amount of content and the improvements on Floris are wonderful! I thank you and your team for your hard work on this excellent module, and wish you best of luck improving it further!

I noticed that it has been quite a while since last update. In case you need help, I am more than willing to lend a hand in programming.

Cheers!

Please tell me there is a way to disable the shield bash feature. I find it one of the the poorly inspired ideas ever, since the way you do it stops you from properly executing feints with a shield. If you try and feint with a shield you'll end up shield bashing and leaving yourself exposed. It's happened to me multiple times where I die because of it, and needless to say there is no option in the control screen to fix it.

Otherwise great mod.

The mod is amazing, it is noticeable that you've spent a lot of time on it. But I see some flaws:
-Some parties level of agression seems ilogical. Why would, for example, inquisitors be agressive towards swadians or rhodoks? Why would mercenaries be agressive towards everyone (I don't know nothing about modding, but if lords could hire them, it would be cool)?
-Why are there so many foreign parties (the way I see it, it should be an invasion, like the Dark Knights, but instead of beggining at Swadia, it could begin at the Khergits territory)? Speaking of this, there is too much people in the map. Doesn't quite fit in a medieval context,
-To my liking, the mod is too "weird". Some troops names and armours are too flashy, and more appropiate for a fantasy themed mod.
Lastly, it would be interesting to know more about Geroia, Lotki, Balion and the like. Where do they come from? Why do they came to Calradia? How is their culture? What is their "real world" parallel?
PS: Quest system? Just proposing, like the ones at ACOK. Like I said, I know nothing about modding, so I don't know if you are willing to make this, maybe it's too hard.

Mercenaries​

I know a great feature for this mod, or pretty much any warband mod with a sizeable culture of mercenaries. Instead of hiring a mercenary company as a single party you should hire a mercenary camp that acts like a bandit camp. Now my idea isn't exactly original. In the "A NEW DAWN" mod they've introduced minor factions that behave in much the way I am about to describe.

Historically decent sized mercenary companies could have a few hundred men to a few thousand. My idea is that instead of a bandit lair that spits out bandits it spits out small bands of mercenaries. Like many mod based bandit lairs it will eventually spawn a bandit leader party to lead the smaller parties except the bandit leader will be the company's commander.

Like the "A NEW DAWN" mod these bandit like armies can invade and capture fortresses. If the mercenaries are under contract with you after they capturing a fortress an event pops up on your screen. You can give the castle to the mercenary leader who took it and they will hold it as your vassal. You can keep the castle with your faction and give the mercenaries a sizeable cash bonus for taking it, or you can keep it and give the mercenaries nothing. These three options each have pros and cons.

If you make the mercenary commander your vassal his mercenary camp and the parties it spawns will become part of your faction and the mercenary commander will become a vassal. However the mercenary leader will of course be a bad personality type vassal. He will be hard to please. Should he decide to defect with his fief his mercenary company will become a faction in their own right. He will then spawn a few captains of varying loyalty as his vassals. However being an upstart mercenary he will have little or no right to rule. Which will result in most of the factions going to war with him.

Keeping the fortress with your faction may be the best call. Giving the mercenaries nothing may cause them to break their contract and be hostile to your faction. Giving them a sizeable bonus for taking a fortress will keep them happy and they will stay with your faction a while longer.

The mercenary camp itself will act like a bandit lair. It will spit out mercenary parties and if they are fighting against you you can attack it as if it were a bandit lair. Another feature when entering a mercenary camp should be to bribe or hire the mercenary company. If they are not under contract you can hire them for a month with a large sum of money. If the mercenary company is under contract you will have to bribe them. You can bribe them to join you which is three times as expensive as hiring them. You can also bribe them to simply abandon their client which is twice as much as hiring them.

Once you've hired a mercenary camp an option you get when entering the camp is to choose a fief that you wish the mercenary camp to respawn near. The mercenary camp will disappear as if it were destroyed and reappear near the fief you selected. You can choose a fief on your border or a fief deep in enemy territory. The camp will remain in the area you selected until you destroy it or if you hire them and tell them to go else where. Destroying the mercenary camp will cause them to respawn near their original location.

Like many other things in the warband mods the mercenary factions can go up or down in relation with you. If they have less than zero relation with you you can't hire them. There are two ways you can build relation with them. One way is to help out one of their parties in a fight. The other way is to talk with one of their parties or enter their camp where you get the option to pay them money to repair your relation with them. Which is 1000 denars for every negative relation point you have with them.

I really like the A New Dawn mod and I think this feature applied in a latter version of the mod would go a long way to improving the gaming experience. I would actually create a mod with this feature myself if I had the knowledge or the drive to do so. Anyway I hope the mod creators out there like my idea and perhaps use it one day.

Great mod! I haven't had any major performance issues or glitches to report. My suggestion that this mod should have body sliding so that when the player is knocked out in battle the player can control other troops in his army to stay in the action especially since the mod is a very big version of native.

Back
Top Bottom