Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

The entire mod?

Well, currently it is a total conversion, with a new backstory also and a couple other new features like sprinting and RPG-style dungeon. I'll add a features list later, too lazy right now.

Suggestion: Random Events [Sorry if this is added already]
One of your soldiers [Tier 2 or 3, don't want it to be a grizzled matured veteran] have been caught gambling and harassing a daughter of a wealthy merchant. What shall you do?

1 - Whip the man, one soldier becomes wounded and unable to fight until healed.
2 - Discharge him from your party, one soldier leaves, add in honor.
3 - I don't have enough time for petty troubles with my men, loss in honor.
4 - Pay the wealthy merchant gold to keep it silent, 200g will do, loss in honor.

Companion Suggestion: Gaelor Wodennson
Him when interacted: "Bug off, I've had enough of you pompous nobles."
You: "Whats the matter friend? You've seen to had too much drink!"
Him: "I ain't had any drink, but my sorrow for me self, my officer was a likes of the pompous nobles, sending my mates and me into battle without hesitation at all, giving nothing about the lives of the common Sergeant, who are honest individuals. So anyways, once an officer led us to death, I killed him, bested him at swordsmanship, you see, officers never make good people, compared to captains who care for the men, and I..."
You: "Yes?"
Him: "I deserted... I bloody deserted! Tried to save me mates, but I deserted. I lived off robbing, but I only robbed the rich idiots, honest guv! When they refuse and draw the sword, they can't stand against me Sergeant's Standard Issue Arming Sword and my training and battle and, well you know, so I didn't kill them, I just robbed their purses. I was especially kind to the ladies and the ones who didn't resisted, anyways, I could do well in battle and train the men but now I drown in my sorrow, no work, no glory, nothing except my training and my sword."
You Option One: "Well, if you don't desert, rob and other criminal activities, I'd be happy to have you in my company, a good sergeant is welcomed amongst the men."
You Option Two: "Deserter? Robber? You'll never make it into my company."
Accepted: "Hah! Work! A great man to serve under if I must say! My sword belongs to you, but you see, I kind of need to pay me way out of my crimes, 3000 [insert currency] will do, kind of a misfit, isn't it?"
You: "Of course, take this purse."
Dejected: "No one will ever understand people like me. Go burn in hell."
He likes:
Kind, gentle people
People that are related to the military [Pompous knights aren't an exception, honorable knights are one]
Smart people
He dislikes:
Robbers, outlaws
Pompous people / idiotic people
Looks:
Long hair, not too big
Beard
Black
Between default young and the middle age.
Starting Gear:
Long Arming Sword
Heater Shield
Guard Helmet [or Swadian / Knight helmets ]
Brigandine [or body Armour that has over 36 points and is Swadian / Knight like.]
Mail Boots [or leather boots]
Gauntlets [or Mail Mittens]
No Horse
Stats
Good Ironflesh
Decent Powerstrike
Good Shield Skill
Decent Running
Good Training
Slightly Decent Tactics
Good 1handed prof
Decent 2handed prof

Do you plan on making actual storyline? SO we have to story to follow? Or will it be just total conversion with a little extra?

D3monic said:
Do you plan on making actual storyline? SO we have to story to follow? Or will it be just total conversion with a little extra?
I do plan on that, yes. No  storyline at the moment though.

KingMeepIIofMeepSergeants said:
Suggestion: Random Events [Sorry if this is added already]
One of your soldiers [Tier 2 or 3, don't want it to be a grizzled matured veteran] have been caught gambling and harassing a daughter of a wealthy merchant. What shall you do?

1 - Whip the man, one soldier becomes wounded and unable to fight until healed.
2 - Discharge him from your party, one soldier leaves, add in honor.
3 - I don't have enough time for petty troubles with my men, loss in honor.
4 - Pay the wealthy merchant gold to keep it silent, 200g will do, loss in honor.

Companion Suggestion: Gaelor Wodennson
Him when interacted: "Bug off, I've had enough of you pompous nobles."
You: "Whats the matter friend? You've seen to had too much drink!"
Him: "I ain't had any drink, but my sorrow for me self, my officer was a likes of the pompous nobles, sending my mates and me into battle without hesitation at all, giving nothing about the lives of the common Sergeant, who are honest individuals. So anyways, once an officer led us to death, I killed him, bested him at swordsmanship, you see, officers never make good people, compared to captains who care for the men, and I..."
You: "Yes?"
Him: "I deserted... I bloody deserted! Tried to save me mates, but I deserted. I lived off robbing, but I only robbed the rich idiots, honest guv! When they refuse and draw the sword, they can't stand against me Sergeant's Standard Issue Arming Sword and my training and battle and, well you know, so I didn't kill them, I just robbed their purses. I was especially kind to the ladies and the ones who didn't resisted, anyways, I could do well in battle and train the men but now I drown in my sorrow, no work, no glory, nothing except my training and my sword."
You Option One: "Well, if you don't desert, rob and other criminal activities, I'd be happy to have you in my company, a good sergeant is welcomed amongst the men."
You Option Two: "Deserter? Robber? You'll never make it into my company."
Accepted: "Hah! Work! A great man to serve under if I must say! My sword belongs to you, but you see, I kind of need to pay me way out of my crimes, 1000 [insert currency] will do, kind of a misfit, isn't it?"
You: "Of course, take this purse."
Dejected: "No one will ever understand people like me. Go burn in hell."
He likes:
Kind, gentle people
People that are related to the military [Pompous knights aren't an exception, honorable knights are one]
Smart people
He dislikes:
Robbers, outlaws
Pompous people / idiotic people

I like this idea, and will consider it. :smile: The companion will be in.

Died to nub villagers > restart the game? Really? Quit, more, like.

I don't understand the giant empty map you have to walk around in, or the ethical dilemma of killing villagers to play the game, or ..? I see the ambition of the game, but I don't really understand it, and I don't enjoy it. Am I missing something?

Well, the backstory is being expanded presently. There are currently two ways to reach Oranos as a free man, one is to kill the villagers, the second is to leave the father's sword in your inventory unequipped, and sell it to the ship captain for passage. I hope to add more to that in the future though. :smile:

I've always found the way you recruit hero's to be pretty boring at best and often immersion breaking as well. To start with a lot of them just randomly decide to tell you their life story in a pub, even if that means they are admitting to a stranger that they're criminals. And then they're always perfectly happy to sign up to serve with anyone who has enough money to pay them. And then there's the idea that you should be perfectly happy to pay someone a fairly large sum of money to join you even if they've just told you they're a bloody horse thief  with no actual guarantee they won't just piss off with your money.
So I'd like to suggest that some companions have a fleshed out backstory and some would need more incentive than just money to join you, maybe they'd need you to complete a quest (Light and Darkness did this really well, but I was thinking this could be independant of the main backstory) or have a certain renown or have won a certain number of tournaments or whatever.

I believe a features list would highly improve the downloads of the mod> I, for example, wasn't satisfied by the video on the dowloand page. It's not enough to convince me to give it a try and all

Apolo, that just won't be happening for 0.1. I will do that for 0.2 though.

Pentagathus, I agree wholeheartedly. I plan to have a few companions in Praven, actually. :smile:

The Dark Robin said:
Well, the backstory is being expanded presently. There are currently two ways to reach Oranos as a free man, one is to kill the villagers, the second is to leave the father's sword in your inventory unequipped, and sell it to the ship captain for passage. I hope to add more to that in the future though. :smile:
What do you mean by all that? Can you explain?

The Dark Robin said:
Pentagathus, I agree wholeheartedly. I plan to have a few companions in Praven, actually. :smile:
*****in.
Edit:
Just read the post about this being dead. I'm sorry to hear that, and sorry to post in what I suppose is a now irrelevant thread.

I would love to be playing as a slaves leader (their spartacus) with an army of slaves both males and females, and ex slaves lords and companions.
Maybe not possible, since this is affecting the whole story of your world.
A character with the background of a slave would begin the game alreay at war with a faction and he would only attract slaves companions, those companions would be found in the wild as bandits leaders, with a slave background they are not hostile to you.
By speaking with the bandits leader.
You have the option to ask him/her to join you
Enlisting slaves, you are not enlisting slaves in villages like any other recruit but you will enlist roaming pack of low level slaves (hostile to non slaves)
or in tavernes (rare)

The troop trees could be something like..

Males :

Slave, no armor, cheap rusty 2 handed club, axe, sword
Slave trooper, no armor, 2 handed axe *choice* Slave horsemen, 1 hand weapon, no armor javelins
Slave warriors light armor, 2 handed axe  Slave cavalary (end of the horsmen tree) light armor, 1 hand weapon, jevalins shield.
Slave barbarian, medium armor, 1 handed axe, 2 handed axe, Shield
Slave warlord, heavy armor, 1 handed axe, 2 handed axe, shield.

Females :

- Female slave, no armor, club, staff, paysan weapon.
- Female slave slinger, sling + clubs *choice* female slave spearmen, shield, club spear, no armor.
- Female slave archer light armor, short bow + short sword. female slave warrior, light armor, shield, short sword, javelins.
- Fury Longbow, 2 handed saber, light armor+ female guard, medium armor, shield, saber, javelins.
- Elite fury medium armor, longbow, 2 handed saber female elite guard, heavy armor, shield, saber  and javelins.

sorry for my average english
I wish you luck with your mod anyway. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom