Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

willyflare said:
What about this old list? How many of them are still under consideration for next version? (assuming the mod isn't at the limit already.)
- [0%] Adding Different Game Start
- [5%] New Galwe Features
- [0%] Add more kingdom management options
- [0%] Prisoner trains
- [0%] Raider parties
- [0%] War parties
- [0%] More mercenary companies to hire
- [0%] Faction outposts/forts that can be attacked for unique loot
- [35%] Add 3 houses factions 
- [20%] Add rumor system
- [0%] More, larger food items (military rations, supply wagon)
- [85%] Bandits taking castles 
- [0%] Scripted Events for 0.7
    - [0%] Maccavian civil war
    - [0%] The Valahir invasion of mainland (into Reich and Maccavia)
    - [10%] Jin Invasion
    - [0%] Tolrania-Redwood war 
- [0%] Random Events
- [0%] 0.7 Quests
    - [0%] Hakkon Inquisition
    - [0%] New/Old Gods quests
    - [0%] A lot of Adventurer's Guild quests
    - [0%] Demon Worshipper Quests
    - [0%] Companion quests
- [40%] Jin Troops
- [10%] Perisnoan Ruins
    - [0%] Quest NPC, merchant NPC, troop NPC
    - [0%] Roman equipment is Third Legion merchant specific
- [30%] More unique spawns and better unique spawning system 
- [0%] Riderless mounts/spawns that spawn in parties around Perisno
- [0%] Blood HUD
- [0%] Religion

Bugs/smaller features:
- [0%] Make the liquer have moral value
- [5%] More, larger food items (military rations, supply wagon)

That is a ancient list. I'll respond to some.

More mercenary companies to hire
Done

Adding Different Game Start
There might be more to come. This was is very vague.

Bandits taking castles
Will always be on the list till we get it implanted  :wink:

Jin Invasion
Not going to happen

Tolrania-Redwood war
Wow, you really went back and dug this up. Redwood...  :party:

Roman equipment is Third Legion merchant specific
More or less

Riderless mounts/spawns that spawn in parties around Perisno
I can't remember exactly but I think we wanted this to be something along the lines of animals that attack. Would be cool. Can't see it happening. (yet)

Blood HUD
I scrapped that a while ago. My code for it was a mess.

Michadr said:
That is a ancient list. I'll respond to some.
<snip>
Thanks for the response! I really appreciate that. Also looking forward to 1.0 as you have shared some snippets on the other thread. Take your time, I'm pretty sure you will still be able to release 1.0 before Bannerlord comes out.

About marrying either Princess Birgit or Princess Lithandril:
Is it possible to make the vassalage to their parent faction after marrying them, optional? Since it seems awkward to just become a vassal of another kingdom when I am already a king of a faction that may/may not be larger than the princess' faction. Also it would also make it more interesting to become allies with that faction since I am married to their daughter even if their daughter is still their vassal and not mine.

I wonder if one day, there could be another way of gaining your own kingdom, instead of the usual military conquest and  betraying your liege?

I'm thinking of special quests that you wont be able to access, until your honor, reknown & persuasion are high enough. 
Perhaps a Royal assassination type of adventure, where your chosen target is removed from the game and you assume their crown.  Obviously your honor would take a massive blow, but hey now I'm the King  :shifty:
Or if you prefer a less "evil" method, a quest to locate several documents/artifacts that prove you are the true Heir to that Kingdom and not the imposter that now sits on your throne.  Basically the player character becomes a legitimate claimant  :party:

All wishfull thinking I know, but hey maybe one day...

palewarrior said:
I wonder if one day, there could be another way of gaining your own kingdom, instead of the usual military conquest and  betraying your liege?

I'm thinking of special quests that you wont be able to access, until your honor, reknown & persuasion are high enough. 
Perhaps a Royal assassination type of adventure, where your chosen target is removed from the game and you assume their crown.  Obviously your honor would take a massive blow, but hey now I'm the King  :shifty:
Or if you prefer a less "evil" method, a quest to locate several documents/artifacts that prove you are the true Heir to that Kingdom and not the imposter that now sits on your throne.  Basically the player character becomes a legitimate claimant  :party:

All wishfull thinking I know, but hey maybe one day...

Maybe one day, maybe in Banerlord.

Since there is a strong presence of Corinthian and other Greek like helmets since 0.9. It should be matched with more Greek-like armor and particularly a number of hoplon shields. As of 0.9, the only shield that fits the bill of a hoplon is the Pegasus shield. Devs should introduce that shield with a variety of symbols including a heraldic hoplon. They should also include a weaker hoplon that can be accessed by weaker custom troops.

Another "Freelancer Outpost" on the opposite side of the map, maybe like the original one where it is found in a desolate place so maybe somwhere around Mosuru territory or maybe East of Drahara/South of Bakhal only accessable by boat in one of the nearby coasts. It could be Rival Freelancers (insert cool replacement name). The original Freelancers and their outpost is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to the West and takes a lot of time to get to while travelling. You could ask, why need this when there is the Mercenary outpost? It is almost impossible to easilly assemble a well trained army with just random mercenaries and hired troops take time to gather. Why not just buy troops from the Third Legion? Thirld Legion needs a quest to do before you can buy troops, and the quest is very hard early game. Why not just buy slaves? Slaves are just cannon fodder for the most part, the need for an army of well trained mercenaries/freelancers is something that can be very handy in certain situations.

Also, a hostile "knight order" near the Falcon lands or in between Hakkon, Elintor and RotF. The Realm of the Falcon has been enjoying very peaceful times while the rest of Perisno has been in chaos because of random Eagle Knights, Wolf Knights, Illka Falki, Volheere, Ukundu, Desouk, etch. running around causing head aches on local lords. This could be a knight order that hates elves in general, so they Elintorean, Geldarin and Falcon caravans and villagers.

Tiger of the East said:
Also, a hostile "knight order" near the Falcon lands or in between Hakkon, Elintor and RotF. The Realm of the Falcon has been enjoying very peaceful times while the rest of Perisno has been in chaos because of random Eagle Knights, Wolf Knights, Illka Falki, Volheere, Ukundu, Desouk, etch. running around causing head aches on local lords. This could be a knight order that hates elves in general, so they Elintorean, Geldarin and Falcon caravans and villagers.

Lord Ceylius and his Masnerian Guards of Robber Knights does spawn near Amarna, so maybe it can be expanded from there.

willyflare said:
Lord Ceylius and his Masnerian Guards of Robber Knights does spawn near Amarna, so maybe it can be expanded from there.

Lord Ceylius is a unique spawn though but yeah it could be expanded from there. Masnerian Knights could patrol between Hakkon, Elintor and RotF like how Eagle Knights are doing in Tolranian-Maccavian territory and Wolf Knights are doing in between Maccavian-Reich territory.

Tiger of the East said:
willyflare said:

Lord Ceylius is a unique spawn though but yeah it could be expanded from there. Masnerian Knights could patrol between Hakkon, Elintor and RotF like how Eagle Knights are doing in Tolranian-Maccavian territory and Wolf Knights are doing in between Maccavian-Reich territory.
Another option would be to expand the Inquisitors and making them hostile to Falcons, so poor Hakkon will not be negatively affected.

willyflare said:
Another option would be to expand the Inquisitors and making them hostile to Falcons, so poor Hakkon will not be negatively affected.

I don't think that would work out too much since the Inquisitors is tied to Hakkon like the Drachen Priests are tied to the Reich, the Old and New Gods followers are to Maccavia, Elephant Mercs are to Drahara, etch...

Though maybe Inquisitor Knights or Templars or (insert cool order/party name here). Their background could be a group who hates any race that isn't human. That means they are openly hostile to the Elves(Elintor, Geldar and Falcon), Dwarves and the Giants.

I Propose adding Loot wagons...

The Idea is allowing the player to buy caravan wagons, as a troop.  They Cannot fight, however they hold a chest for loot, rather your inventory is full or you just want wagons for war to haul to town to sell.  I think it would be easy to figure out how to work, after a battle pick up rest of items into wagon or wagons if you have any. When you get to town have sell items out of wagon. Or talk to the wagon and ask to see equipment to look at the Loot and do what you want with it..

Now with this idea in mind you can do many things with it, Different types of wagons speeds(slowing down the Warband)/ Inventory slots. Maybe the wagon driver gets a % cut for risking his life from sells, the things you can do with this is endless, even add provisions wagons to store food, books.

Another Idea is Prison wagons. Have no prisoner or cant hold enough want to be a slave dealer? buy some wagons to fit prisoners in..... Again add fees, even have to add a slaver or trader to your party to deal with the sorting what have you.

I think this would help a lot with long trips warring, or wanting to be slavers, or dont want to buy food every 5 minutes, etc...... I think this would add a lot to the game....

In fact this can later add game play as being a merchant or running your own trade caravens yourself and having to defend your trade from bandits. I think it would be very fun indeed having to hire mercs to keep your goods save and get missions from guild masters just for merchant players......

and if the city doesn't have enough gold for all your goods tough luck, i am sure there is some balancing you can do to make a empire or aka silk road merchant empire :wink:

Hi.

TOPIC: NEW WEAPON/ARMOR.

I dont know if anyone has suggested this before, but here goes. Third age: Reforged for medieval 2 has a reskinned version of the Dragonslayers of Ered Mithrin. The models look amazing. Perhaps, with the explicit permission of the mod team(i dont think theyll mind so long as you give them credit), the model could be ported over to Perisno and added into the Kaikoth roster. I am making the assumption that models can be ported over like that, i dont know how difficult it is or time consuming, or if its even feasible to import the full unit model and separate it into different parts, so apologies if im asking too much.

Perhaps change the appearance of the Iron Guardsmen into Dragonslayers.
Personally, i am not fond of the grey scale mail of the Iron Guardsmen and i think it would be an amazing improvement. If that is a no-go, perhaps the Ironfists could have two promotion options instead of one, giving you an infantry noble unit in the form of the Dragonslayer. I think the Model fits quite well with the dwarf skeleton(i dont know if thats the case technically), but the appearance fits what with the pauldrons giving wider shoulders. And the axe resembles Outlanders death to a degree so the weapon style already resembles an existing weapon used in the roster. Maybe give the axe the crush-through-block ability, owing to how axes could be used to hook and pull shields, and this axe in particular fits that role, and itll give the unit some extra awesome.

That, and im just dying to wear the armor and weapons for myself.

I am not allowed to post external links yet so i cant make your life easier by giving you the direct links.
You can find an image of the reskinned dragonslayers on Moddb. It should be possible to contact the mod developers on Total war center and ask them for permission. The reforged team also has a discord channel where the admins can be contacted and consulted readily. They also have a twitter.

I proclaim my undying love for the Kaikoth confederation, and if you do not make them more glorious i will flagellate you with my bloody beard! (sorry)

Thank you for your consideration.

dragonjv2 said:
Hi.

TOPIC: NEW WEAPON/ARMOR.

I dont know if anyone has suggested this before, but here goes. Third age: Reforged for medieval 2 has a reskinned version of the Dragonslayers of Ered Mithrin. The models look amazing. Perhaps, with the explicit permission of the mod team(i dont think theyll mind so long as you give them credit), the model could be ported over to Perisno and added into the Kaikoth roster. I am making the assumption that models can be ported over like that, i dont know how difficult it is or time consuming, or if its even feasible to import the full unit model and separate it into different parts, so apologies if im asking too much.

Perhaps change the appearance of the Iron Guardsmen into Dragonslayers.
Personally, i am not fond of the grey scale mail of the Iron Guardsmen and i think it would be an amazing improvement. If that is a no-go, perhaps the Ironfists could have two promotion options instead of one, giving you an infantry noble unit in the form of the Dragonslayer. I think the Model fits quite well with the dwarf skeleton(i dont know if thats the case technically), but the appearance fits what with the pauldrons giving wider shoulders. And the axe resembles Outlanders death to a degree so the weapon style already resembles an existing weapon used in the roster. Maybe give the axe the crush-through-block ability, owing to how axes could be used to hook and pull shields, and this axe in particular fits that role, and itll give the unit some extra awesome.

That, and im just dying to wear the armor and weapons for myself.

I am not allowed to post external links yet so i cant make your life easier by giving you the direct links.
You can find an image of the reskinned dragonslayers on Moddb. It should be possible to contact the mod developers on Total war center and ask them for permission. The reforged team also has a discord channel where the admins can be contacted and consulted readily. They also have a twitter.

I proclaim my undying love for the Kaikoth confederation, and if you do not make them more glorious i will flagellate you with my bloody beard! (sorry)

Thank you for your consideration.

You can "easily" ( the first times doing this will be hard and time consuming,  but you can become fast and good at it in no time) do it yourself, without permission, credits and all that stuff, as long as you do not make it public. Just read this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/4g88jp/is_there_any_way_to_import_items_from_one_mod_to/&ved=2ahUKEwin0-Poh67fAhXM_KQKHRiqCEAQFjALegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1euxtFYfd3p1-_oM1mQI6R.
If you have troubles pm me. Have a nice day.

P.S. Read the last posts in Project S topic. Dwarfs are already powerful enough.

Have u guys tried implementing after getting knocked down,  you gain the command of some random troops? With the PBOD gone, you don't really have any formations or anything and troops just randomly charge on your death which leads to some lost battles even thought they could have been easily won.

Completing Ilica falki quests should reduce your reputation with reich. Also i've noticed when u gain positive relation with ilica falki, they show as a green on your map (being an ally) but they never join if u engage the enemy that's close to them,(example if there's an enemy and a friendly lord nearby, you can engage the enemy and the friendly lord will automatically join), but the AI still counts them as your ally so even if ilica falki is weaker than the enemy u want to fight, sometimes they will charge into that enemy (probably thinking that you will help). Would be nice if they'd automatically join in if they're close to the enemy u engaged. Also any plans for interaction between player and the Zeladeck the Chosen One? For example he knows that u helped restore ilica falki and u can have some dialogue options for him to help you etc..

More ilica falki quests like. I've had so much fun doing this questline. I know Perisno has a lot of quests but quests like this are so much fun. Venetorian questline is also amazing where after being completed, they rise as a new faction.(maybe after completing ilica quest line, they rise as a faction with them being your ally ?). I'd love to see more quests like this. There is still so much unused space on the map which can be used for a questlines like this  where u do the long/hard chain and the new faction arises.
Demon worshipers, Order of the Faith and some other random parties could be used for example.

I think all of the Giant weapons that use 2h should have crush blocks+bonus against shields. There is nothing more frustrated than starting as a giant with high strength(wep proficiency is low so u don't do much dmg despite high power strike) and seeing some random peasant blocking your huge ass 2h with his small club.
When choosing a giant, you could add an option to choose something like Are you a giant that migrated to the mountains or giant that settled at the coast (Sut and Bakhal) that way u spawn at either sut or bakhal. Minor change but it has potential for some starting questline (like dwarfs have).

Not sure how hard would it be to code this or if it's even possible but  after restoring venetorian city, they become a minor faction that's always allied with you. Kinda like your vassal faction. I once suggested the ability to anex smaller kingdoms, letting them do they own stuff but the only difference is that they're now part of your kingdom as a vassal faction. Some people like the idea but it would be a bit troubling to balance it out if the AI could use this as well.

Adding some companions that have a questline tied to them and possibly introducing a questline to the in-game companions?

Please give the strongest dwarven ranged troops a dwarven xbow :sad: .

Is it possible to make a mini formation mod that's not tied to the PBOD? I know i can enable it in some document but some people reported having those script erros and i don't want to possibly f*ck something up.

I wish being evil didn't have so many downsides when making your own kingdom or overall. Imagine if you could somehow form an alliance with all of those evil guys (eagle, wolf, demonworshipers, different unique spawns like king razfl...something, queen aega etc..) Turn them into a vassals that wouldn't lose reputation when not given a fief. < Also this is one of the most annoying things. Would be nice if, if you're evil and u get those scumbag lords, they'd act as if they were good-natured or upstanding to you. Since you honor is so negative, they'd view you as their hero or something.

Continuation of the Remus questline? Possibly at the end of join wolf and fight against remus/ destroy wolf fight with the Remus against the main wolf guy? If the player choose to rebel against Remus, wolf knights emerge as the new faction.

I probably forgot to mention something so i'l probably be back in this forum section.

Edit: When siege-ing a castle with small amount of troops, emeny comes out to face you. Depending on the layout, you can have a small archer army (30-50) and just order them to shoot at the enemy before they come near you or your troops. When they do, you can just tab out. Rinse and repeat. With this method you can destroy between 50-70% of the garrison, with small amount of casualties, if any at all. Any way to get around of this? I myself am guilty of doing this when starting my own kingdom very early in the game.

Nice ideas you have there, here's my comments on some of those:
[/quote]
KFCwatermelon said:
Have u guys tried implementing after getting knocked down,  you gain the command of some random troops? With the PBOD gone, you don't really have any formations or anything and troops just randomly charge on your death which leads to some lost battles even thought they could have been easily won.
I've seen this in other mods, I don't know if you can still order your troops, but interesting nonetheless. Should be considered to be added as an option (like"chaaarge!")
KFCwatermelon said:
I think all of the Giant weapons that use 2h should have crush blocks+bonus against shields. There is nothing more frustrated than starting as a giant with high strength(wep proficiency is low so u don't do much dmg despite high power strike) and seeing some random peasant blocking your huge ass 2h with his small club.
When choosing a giant, you could add an option to choose something like Are you a giant that migrated to the mountains or giant that settled at the coast (Sut and Bakhal) that way u spawn at either sut or bakhal. Minor change but it has potential for some starting questline (like dwarfs have).
I was also thinking like that, but considering the overall balance maybe Giants will be too powerful on one-on-one battles. They do need to be a little stronger faction-wise though, they are often eliminated early. As for starting quest, the devs already said that they are making more.

KFCwatermelon said:
Please give the strongest dwarven ranged troops a dwarven xbow :sad: .
But they do use that though? The Kaikoth Elder Seekers are damn powerful.

KFCwatermelon said:
I wish being evil didn't have so many downsides when making your own kingdom or overall. Imagine if you could somehow form an alliance with all of those evil guys (eagle, wolf, demonworshipers, different unique spawns like king razfl...something, queen aega etc..) Turn them into a vassals that wouldn't lose reputation when not given a fief. < Also this is one of the most annoying things. Would be nice if, if you're evil and u get those scumbag lords, they'd act as if they were good-natured or upstanding to you. Since you honor is so negative, they'd view you as their hero or something.

I edited the troops.txt to allow those evil heroes to be in my party (so I can turn them to Lords), but apparently the devs has some countermeasures against that, they immediately vanish once you exit the party screen.:sad:

KFCwatermelon said:
Edit: When siege-ing a castle with small amount of troops, emeny comes out to face you. Depending on the layout, you can have a small archer army (30-50) and just order them to shoot at the enemy before they come near you or your troops. When they do, you can just tab out. Rinse and repeat. With this method you can destroy between 50-70% of the garrison, with small amount of casualties, if any at all. Any way to get around of this? I myself am guilty of doing this when starting my own kingdom very early in the game.

Well you can consider it a smart tactic for choosing a castle layout and troops amount  where you can survive and win with guerrilla siege tactics.
For the overall rinse-and-repeat siege issue, please don't do it like PoP. Maybe increase the time for consecutive siege? Assuming the enemies already know your siege strategy, and deploy enough disruption to increase the time to make ladder/siege tower. (either by giving penalty to engineer or just flat out add some time like +2 hours)

I had more but forgot.
In some mods when u get knocked down, u take control of your companion and if none are up aka knocked down, u gain control of a random troop and u can still command the battle field.

This game isn't balanced about 1on1. I agree that they'd be strong in 1on1 but remember fast weapon can perma stun/stagger giants which is why i suggested the crush block thingy. It's beyond annoying, to the point where i stopped playing my giant dude, when u keep getting blocked by those short 1h weapons when u switch that massive, gigantic sword of yours. Also bakhal slave master troop or whatever is called(noble troop)  is beyond underpowered. Sut guys get a cavalry.

I really wish u could make union of evil guys :grin:.

About sieges, it's 2 abusable. Can't remember what PoP did about that since i played it long time ago but doing the tactic which i suggested is so easy and has no downsides. In case u siege a castle which spawns you right below the enemy archers, you just alt tab to avoid any heavy loses.

Back
Top Bottom