Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

What do people think about faction specific mercenaries? :smile:

There would be specific mercenaries for each faction, that would only appear in taverns owned by that faction. Then, there would also be generic mercenaries, which appear in all taverns. Thoughts?

Each faction has 1 type of special merc, stronger than most mercenaries.

The rest should be changed into Freelancer Guild mercenaries. I think the general concept is excellent!

It should be pretty easy to do. I'll get to it, but I really don't have much time today, so it might not get done. :???:

cwr said:
What do people think about faction specific mercenaries? :smile:

There would be specific mercenaries for each faction, that would only appear in taverns owned by that faction. Then, there would also be generic mercenaries, which appear in all taverns. Thoughts?

I was thinking about that recently too, I had found some interesting ideas for Native faction-specific mercenaries, might help:

Code:
Nord Galloglaigh Mercenaries
Vaegir Balkan Mercenaries
Khergit Kwarizmi Mercenaries
Sarranid Bedoiun Mercenaries
Rhodok Condottieri Mercenaries (Malatesta Verucchio) (Alberigo Barbiano)
Swadian Varangian Mercenaries (Rurik)

Some ideas I'll just leave here ...
Maccavian Volheere Mercs
Tolranian Kingsmen Mercs
Hakkon Cataphract Mercs
Redwood Archer Mercs
Drahara Elephant Rider Mercs
Aruolo Pioneer Mercs
Reich Landsknecht Mercs

Also I was thinking we should make them be able to follow you around the map instead of joining the party.

Yeah, the map model. :smile:

SU: That's another idea I had, but it would be separate from this one. Maybe later. :smile:

That's awesome! Instead of hiring normally, you meet the NPC representative in the tavern, and hire them on condition of the player having good relation with the faction. The NPC can decline you when you have 0 to negative relation:" We will not fight for the one that bring harms to our people."

cwr said:
Yeah, the map model. :smile:

SU: That's another idea I had, but it would be separate from this one. Maybe later. :smile:
Yeah they probably won't make it into 0.5. I've said this somewhere before on our internal forum, we should make wandering parties on the map for the player to hire should they meet the right conditions.

habeo123 said:
That's awesome! Instead of hiring normally, you meet the NPC representative in the tavern, and hire them on condition of the player having good relation with the faction. The NPC can decline you when you have 0 to negative relation:" We will not fight for the one that bring harms to our people."

I don't know, would this be better, or the wandering parties on the map for you to hire?

habeo123 said:

Thats a good idea, but I think we would do it from wandering parties on the map.

Something unusual said:
Some ideas I'll just leave here ...
Maccavian Volheere Mercs
Tolranian Kingsmen Mercs
Hakkon Cataphract Mercs
Redwood Archer Mercs
Drahara Elephant Rider Mercs
Aruolo Pioneer Mercs
Reich Landsknecht Mercs

Also I was thinking we should make them be able to follow you around the map instead of joining the party.
The Zann could have a Nadire Warrider merc to fill their one weakness.

When the Zann take over a town, their mercs will show up in taverns, instead of the original faction's mercs. :smile:

If people could suggest ideas for new minor factions/spawns/parties then that would be great because I'm currently in the process of finishing populating Perisno. I just need a few more creative ideas to finish.

Desouk Slave Trader. Mounted Outlaw armed with mostly blunt weapons, spawn around Desouk and is on bad term with Manhunter parties as well as all other factions and spawns.

Hmm.....  House Lombard crusaders with like a couple or three heavily armoured knights with mercs and random deserters depending on where they spawn?  That sounds creative right?

makmix said:
Hmm.....  House Lombard crusaders with like a couple or three heavily armoured knights with mercs and random deserters depending on where they spawn?  That sounds creative right?
habeo123 said:
Desouk Slave Trader. Mounted Outlaw armed with mostly blunt weapons, spawn around Desouk and is on bad term with Manhunter parties as well as all other factions and spawns.

Thanks, I'm going to put variations of these in soon. Anyone have other suggestions?

When I finish the bandit stuffs, Persino will have much more color. Native bandit and outlaw no more.

Reminds me of something: Bandit and Brigands, where do they actually spawn? 2 native outlaw but haven't seen anywhere.

habeo123 said:
When I finish the bandit stuffs, Persino will have much more color. Native bandit and outlaw no more.

Reminds me of something: Bandit and Brigands, where do they actually spawn? 2 native outlaw but haven't seen anywhere.

Could you make color for all of the minor factions? It would help a lot :smile: so I don't have to do them.

Don't know about bandit and brigands, I've not played much of native :razz:

Back
Top Bottom