Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I saw a great bunch of Persino troop that get blunt weapon, I was thinking about changing it so it's more lethal. I mean right now, the number of prisoner after battle is too high. Blunt weapon also mean most troops will just neglect armor, render heavy armor bearer in a disadvantage.
oflr5.jpg

Suggestion for future version:

Legendary weapons. These weapons are either possessed by a Monarch, a powerful existence or in a hidden location. You can only attain 1 of each.

Legendary weapons are a good idea, we will probably make some (monarchs are getting buffed a LOT). Who knows, they might appear in 0.5 for monarchs and other "bosses." There are some unique spawns you can fight right now, but none of them have any purpose of fighting other than high quality loot. Maybe each of them could drop legendary weapons as loot one you defeat them ... yes, I think that's a good idea.

Yeah each monarch should posses one particularly powerful weapon, a above extraordinary set of armors, and a lot of good party skills as well. Being the king, one should not be dull at all.

I think more buildings for fiefs (town , castle , village) would be cool.

For Example:

Training ground - Used to train faction unique troops (Troops that you can't get by just training them by yourself)
Armoury  -  Gives siege defender unlimited arrows  (Expensive ofcourse as it brings big advantage to defenders)

Not my idea , i know there is lot of buildings in other mods so just pointing out that there would be good to be more buildings...

Then in my mind came:

If you have really bad relations with someone , your enemy tries to ''kill'' you. Sending much difficult ambushes and mercenary parties after you...  Why ? I feel like 4 man ambush is boring as hell so it would bring some challenges and well some point to not have much enemy lords (Relations like 60 negative or something like that)

Tipsu94 said:
I think more buildings for fiefs (town , castle , village) would be cool.

For Example:

Training ground - Used to train faction unique troops (Troops that you can't get by just training them by yourself)
Armoury  -  Gives siege defender unlimited arrows  (Expensive ofcourse as it brings big advantage to defenders)

Not my idea , i know there is lot of buildings in other mods so just pointing out that there would be good to be more buildings...

Then in my mind came:

If you have really bad relations with someone , your enemy tries to ''kill'' you. Sending much difficult ambushes and mercenary parties after you...  Why ? I feel like 4 man ambush is boring as hell so it would bring some challenges and well some point to not have much enemy lords (Relations like 60 negative or something like that)
I think that if you have -50 relations with a lord they send assassins to kill you, but I don't know if this is already implemented or not (it might be in 0.5). Also about the town buildings, I don't know, we might be using our own buildings for economy and troops. There will be Noble troops for every faction in  0.5 (top tiers will be lvl 40-50 but that is not OP at all compared to other troops). 

habeo123 said:
I saw a great bunch of Persino troop that get blunt weapon, I was thinking about changing it so it's more lethal. I mean right now, the number of prisoner after battle is too high. Blunt weapon also mean most troops will just neglect armor, render heavy armor bearer in a disadvantage.
oflr5.jpg

Suggestion for future version:

Legendary weapons. These weapons are either possessed by a Monarch, a powerful existence or in a hidden location. You can only attain 1 of each.

About legendary weapons, we currently have a small bit of code that will allow us to do just that, they will definitely be in a future version in some form.

Hey lads....  just wanted to give the name for the merc center if thats alright and if you are actually planning on doing it.

I've decided to call it "Auggie's Army", Auggie being short for Augustus and what not.  Hell, I've even got a back story for him.  But, yea, this is a suggestion for my suggestion if you guys would like to use it.  It's your mod not mine.

I can't speak for the rest of the team but a roman name doesn't really fit in with the lore.

Id like to hear your backstory though. On the general discussion thread.

Same here. And yes, the name will probably have to be changed since it doesn't fit with the lore. The mercenary center probably won't be in 0.5 and I don't know if we even are doing it yet, but I would like to hear the backstory as well :smile:

I had an idea for minor factions taking territory. alright so minor factions should start out leaderless (no king/queen or vassels.) instead they should have normal size armies (scale with player.) and at a certain point in the game an army of 600-1500 troops should spawn randomly on the map (may change the size.) and at that point the huge army will try to take over a lightly defended castle/town close to were they are roaming around. if they successfully take a location there should be a text screen that says FACTION NAME has established a government! and either lords will defect from their factions to join or certain vassels will spawn in the game when the government is founded.

I think that you guys should have a certain amount of vassels spawn in the game when it minor factions founds a government, and then have over time or will spawn in the game. I don't really know if you could program that are not but i think it will fit better that way and also give the minor faction a better chance and lasting.

Hope you guys like my suggestion and i really hope it gets put in the game. :smile: best of luck!

Rakrak said:
I had an idea for minor factions taking territory. alright so minor factions should start out leaderless (no king/queen or vassels.) instead they should have normal size armies (scale with player.) and at a certain point in the game an army of 600-1500 troops should spawn randomly on the map (may change the size.) and at that point the huge army will try to take over a lightly defended castle/town close to were they are roaming around. if they successfully take a location there should be a text screen that says FACTION NAME has established a government! and either lords will defect from their factions to join or certain vassels will spawn in the game when the government is founded.

I think that you guys should have a certain amount of vassels spawn in the game when it minor factions founds a government, and then have over time or will spawn in the game. I don't really know if you could program that are not but i think it will fit better that way and also give the minor faction a better chance and lasting.

Hope you guys like my suggestion and i really hope it gets put in the game. :smile: best of luck!

Well: (cwr. Dev Team)
About the two parts about bandits and minor factions taking castles... They won't appear very soon. I'm working on them a lot, but they are very hard to do. Like maybe 0.8 or 0.9 at the earliest.

@SU, you beat me too it :grin:

I recommend you don't add legendary weapons to kings and such, it would make them to common. There's nothing more that's not legendary than 10 legendary weapons in a small space. Make them REALLY rare, so that when you get them, you know that this is like one in a million. That's where they get that truly unique and legendary feel.

Oh, each King has a Legendary weapon, but It will not be easy to simply obtain them.

Monarch in general will be buffed by quite a lot, to make them exceptionally hard to go against.

I think it would be better if they were just buffed with good regular stuff and lots of skills, instead of having "legendary" weapons.

Etil_Revla said:
I think it would be better if they were just buffed with good regular stuff and lots of skills, instead of having "legendary" weapons.
Their skills are buffed a lot, you'll have a nice surprise when you fight monarchs in 0.5 and think twice before doing so. I agree with legendary weapons, I'm going to probably make some unique spawns have them.

Back
Top Bottom