Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a question/suggestion:

Are you devs planning on adding more unique factions like Perisno troops?

I always wanted a mod where you can raise your own evil empire, basically balanced troops like the ones in Perisno troop tree but "evil".

Also... Even though Perisno's concept of good and evil is not black and white I always felt like good was always winning here, apart from bandits and the Dreaded One I don't really see many evil stuff going on, even most companions seems to be honourable, Dietrich is pitiless but there's nothing in his dialogue that matches with his nature.

Dwarwes as well as Falcons mostly joining wars throught alliance or defensive pact with someone and yes once in test version i seen war between Tolrania and Kaikoth without any agreement influence.
Dietrich is pitiless but there's nothing in his dialogue that matches with his nature.
Perhaprs he likes to torture goats and chickens, not humanoids :mrgreen:

How about having a couple of neutral castles you can use to start your own faction from the start of the game? And the ones you dont use disappear off the map or become npc controlled.

It seems that the Realm of the Falcon and the Dwarven areas are both far too peaceful.  AI factions rarely attack either area, and there aren't really any npc spawns.  This is highly exploitable by the player, who leverage this into safe areas for player kingdoms.

This ties in with another oddity.  Wilderness areas are very empty.  I would expect huge forests to be full of bandits and all sort of animals.  This would give purpose to such areas, making them dangerous but valuable resources.

Malorn said:
It seems that the Realm of the Falcon and the Dwarven areas are both far too peaceful.  AI factions rarely attack either area, and there aren't really any npc spawns.  This is highly exploitable by the player, who leverage this into safe areas for player kingdoms.

Says you... Redwood is wrecking sh** on the falcons.

All data is subjective.  Glad to see it's at least possible.  I think the area lacks bandits though, a lot.

Speaking of balance, does anyone else think Redwood troops still are OP as hell?

Laughted a lot about our "peacefull" Falcons - just created a new character and first thing after exiting the town was declaration of war by Falcons to Redwood :mrgreen:

Malorn said:

This ties in with another oddity.  Wilderness areas are very empty.  I would expect huge forests to be full of bandits and all sort of animals.  This would give purpose to such areas, making them dangerous but valuable resources.

i advise you to read the lore, this mod is based quite heavy on lore...

if you read the lore thread u will understand why some things are the way they are  :mrgreen:

I've read the lore thread.  Would you care to point out which part you feel justifies vast unused areas of the map?  I may be overlooking something, but a casual reread shows a lot of interesting material about factions, and the world.  It talks about the Realm of the Falcon being formed about people who desire peace, but it certainly said nothing about others not desiring war with them.  In fact, what do you actually claim the lore explains in this case?

Also, the lore is a good thing, I enjoy lore, lore informs good area and faction design.  That said, if a lore-based design allows a player to gain a ridiculous advantage within the game, it is a bad design.  The lore may be good, even very good, but a good designer uses that lore in ways that prevent imbalance, even a good author should consider such things when designing his world or characters.

In short, I don't understand your comment.

Malorn said:
I've read the lore thread.  Would you care to point out which part you feel justifies vast unused areas of the map?  I may be overlooking something, but a casual reread shows a lot of interesting material about factions, and the world.  It talks about the Realm of the Falcon being formed about people who desire peace, but it certainly said nothing about others not desiring war with them.  In fact, what do you actually claim the lore explains in this case?

Also, the lore is a good thing, I enjoy lore, lore informs good area and faction design.  That said, if a lore-based design allows a player to gain a ridiculous advantage within the game, it is a bad design.  The lore may be good, even very good, but a good designer uses that lore in ways that prevent imbalance, even a good author should consider such things when designing his world or characters.

In short, I don't understand your comment.

1st.: if you are looking for a fight please stop, might just be me but the style in which you typed seems to be looking for a fight and if it is so i`ll just ignore you from now on, esspecialy given the fact i wasn`t agresive on my reply o.o
as they say negativity breeds negativity  :neutral:

2nd : "But a community growing bigger also had to be well protected, so in 340, when more and more caravans got raided by the Hakkon Emperor on their no longer secret but rather long routes, the lord's council decided to build up an army, incomparable to others and very hard to defeat. Still lacking the strength in numbers, compared to the other states, they decided that only a strong cavalry could be a big enough deterrent to protect them from being extinguished again in a surprise attack.
Heavy-heartedly they implemented a conscription, knowing that the perspective to get killed in one of their lord's wars, had been the reason for so much folk to join the Realm in the first place. Nevertheless most people understood and in 341 the first recruits mounted their horses; formidable horses, for they were descendants of the Elvarie horses, brought by their owners from Redwood and one of the reasons as well, because of which the caravans had gotten raided so often."

so to my understanding and supposition they are defending their land very well due to them being a smaller kingdom than the rest, and quite more let us say homogeneous people, and them focusing only on cavalry + good horses etc + being secluded except the said trade routes they are defending = means it is very unlikely they would allow bandits on their lands (forest)

kinda like the blueblood forest is only filled with bluebloods and elvarie since they fight eachother  :mrgreen:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285057.0.html - likn where full lore of the falcons is

Here's my first suggestion, related to minor factions.

Allow the player to change his reputation with minor factions.

Currently you can gain reputation with minor factions by helping them in fights, getting +4 relation everytime. However, once you've gained these points, you cannot lose them. This is a very big issue, because even if it's nice not to have eagle knights on day 3 chasing you, you regret it in the mid/lategame, as you won't be able to take their units prisioner/rescue prisioner stacks/get loot/kill unique spawns/etc.

I've come up with 3 possible "easy" fixes for this issue that I don't believe would require a lot of codding.

1.- Include minor faction npcs in certain cities that allow you to pay gold or do quests to improve your relation with the group they belong to (the same as there's currently with the new/old gods priests in Maccavia).

2.- Add a "balance" system that adds negative relation to a minor faction when you gain positive one with his enemies (for example lose relation with the eagle knights when your gain it with the demon whorshippers). However I don't know how this would work on the Bluewoods for example.

3.- Once you've gained positive relation, add a dialogue line when you engage a minor faction party that allows you to attack them, at the cost of having your relation with them reverted to -X.

2nd, also related to minor factions.

Allow the player to recruit minor faction troops once he's friendly towards them. This allows a more flexible roleplay and inmersive experience (for example roleplaying a Bluewood takeover on Redwood), given the fact that the only way to currently get minor faction troops is by taking them from the prisioner stacks.

I know this has been suggested before, but these are the ways I came up with that wouldn't require too much effort to implement and would add greater replayability/player freedom.

1.- Upon being friendly, a dialogue line pops up when you engage a minor faction spawn on the map (excludes unique spawns) that allows you to recruit these units into your army. The cost of these could be set to the price you get from the ransom broker when you want to sell 'em, or something else that might be regarded better by you. // Similar to the current way to recruit perisno pilgrims

2.- Minor faction NPCs in towns (the same ones that allow you to set your reputation) sell you troops once you're friendly/fullfil a certain quest (for example, in Bluewood's case, after taking over Forniron or doing something easier for 'em, in order to have their units in the midgame and not super late game). // Similar to the current Freelancer/Zann outpost system.

3rd, regarding elite faction spawns.

This was inspired by the 0.611 bug/exploit that allows you to recruit faction heroes (the ones that lead the elite faction forces, such as Uniter Zengi from Drahara) even though they'd be cloned and spawn again.

1.- Once the player starts a riot against a faction leader to put a claimant on the throne, he can convince the faction elite spawn (led by this hero) to back him up, like any other vassal.

2.- Once the player starts his own kingdom, he can lure these unique spawns the respawn all the time to join him and act as vassals, only that without fiefs. Once defeated they respawn in X days (to avoid exploits) back again. May or may not add a limit to the amount of these unique elite armies that there can be in a faction at a time.

3.-
Allow the player with a certain faction relation or lord status (thus joined to said faction) to recruit these elite units into his army, either by hiring them from the mercenary faction troops NPC or by some other system. I'm sure there are many players who want to check the Valor Kingsmen or the Drahara elephants.

4th, related to the mercenary system regarding the player.

This is probably the less important of the 4.

Completely rework the salary for the player once he becomes a facion merc. Currently, the faction pays the player regarding only the size of his army, not distinguising the quality of it (you can have 100 recruits or 100 top tier troops and the salary will be the same) which doesn't make sense. Therefore:

1.- Put the troop's quality into consideration regarding salaries. // I'm almost sure this is implemented in the latest Perisno versions.

2.- Pay extra money when the player takes over a castle/town/defeats a lord by himself or taking the initiative, a large sum. To balance this out, remove the posibility of making the lord your own prisioner and getting a ransom, being paid when transfering him to the player's faction, or release him and get no prize from your contractor. It's not like a king would trust a lord hostage to a mercenary, right?

Thank you for reading and excuse me for any and all the grammar and spelling mistakes that you may find. It's been a long time since I use my english.

Alex the Seeker said:

Forgive me, your first comment seemed more . . . dismissive.  Thus I reacted more aggressively and took the time to properly defend my counterargument.  I'm not sure why you feel that's looking for a fight.  I didn't make any personal attacks, rude comments, or off-topic statements.  I do concede that my tone was somewhat aggressive, but it was civil.

That aside.  I think we've had a misunderstanding.  I wasn't talking about the Realm of the Falcon forests being empty.  I was talking about the large wilderness areas where you rarely see any parties at all, of any faction. 

However, I do feel the the Realm of the Falcon needs more spawns, as do the Dwarven lands.  It's all well and good to have protected havens, but it doesn't make for good gameplay.  It is dull to play in that area, and when you start a kingdom it is far to easy to conquer the Falcons and have a protected, largely ignored Kingdom.  This allows you to build up a massive army, not needing to defend your villager parties.  In short, it's an interesting area in the lore, but the gameplay in that area needs improvement.  This isn't meant to insult the mod developers, nor you, nor anyone else.  It is not an insult to say that a newly introduced area needs some polish.

T.L.S. said:
Laughted a lot about our "peacefull" Falcons - just created a new character and first thing after exiting the town was declaration of war by Falcons to Redwood :mrgreen:

Currently the Falcons start with a 100 relationship to Hakkon and Redwood, their two closest neighbors.  While I'm sure the RNG will still cause wars, it does rather reduce the likelyhood, I think.

Malorn said:
Alex the Seeker said:

Forgive me, your first comment seemed more . . . dismissive.  Thus I reacted more aggressively and took the time to properly defend my counterargument.  I'm not sure why you feel that's looking for a fight.  I didn't make any personal attacks, rude comments, or off-topic statements.  I do concede that my tone was somewhat aggressive, but it was civil.

That aside.  I think we've had a misunderstanding.  I wasn't talking about the Realm of the Falcon forests being empty.  I was talking about the large wilderness areas where you rarely see any parties at all, of any faction. 

However, I do feel the the Realm of the Falcon needs more spawns, as do the Dwarven lands.  It's all well and good to have protected havens, but it doesn't make for good gameplay.  It is dull to play in that area, and when you start a kingdom it is far to easy to conquer the Falcons and have a protected, largely ignored Kingdom.  This allows you to build up a massive army, not needing to defend your villager parties.  In short, it's an interesting area in the lore, but the gameplay in that area needs improvement.  This isn't meant to insult the mod developers, nor you, nor anyone else.  It is not an insult to say that a newly introduced area needs some polish.

T.L.S. said:

Currently the Falcons start with a 100 relationship to Hakkon and Redwood, their two closest neighbors.  While I'm sure the RNG will still cause wars, it does rather reduce the likelyhood, I think.
I see what you are saying and I agree with most of it. Yes these lands are fairly emety and for good reason. We are working on filing the empty space, though I am not sure any spawns will be added to the Realm in 0.71 but the Mosoru will be near the dwarven lands.

I see what you are saying and I agree with most of it. Yes these lands are fairly emety and for good reason. We are working on filing the empty space, though I am not sure any spawns will be added to the Realm in 0.71 but the Mosoru will be near the dwarven lands.
Maybe you should make some placeholders by adding spawning areas of existing minors in this lands?

I've armor, but I haven't  :mrgreen:
Bloody Draharans now one of worst enemies for my Reicher (IIRC I was feared by Redwood only, before I've met Draharans)
When I can understand, ie, Valahirs crushing me to the hell, with their infantry; or Redwood shooting to death; I can't understand how that sandbags tearing apart heavy-armored tank (or tanks, if I'll charge them with my knights; btw, knights charge and then melee almost always leaving piles of Valahir/Maccavian corpses on the field, but Draharans leave Drachen forces in the same conditions :mrgreen:) with both ranged and melee
Anyway, Glory for the Reich!  :mrgreen:

As for suggestions, I wish a possibility to turn off new arenas and use native ones instead (I love new arenas, but sometimes it's too much to fight on'em)

So today I was marching my army into a bloody conflict with the demon worshipers and as we were about to charge all of a sudden some banjo jamboree started playing.  Needless to say I was forced into performing the honkey twist and my character was subsequently de-mounted and beheaded by some demon Lord.  What sort of evil power is this. :shock:

1) Flamebringer as probably the most recognized legendary weapon should be buffed slightly - right now some regular items with tempered mod are better :S. It totally should have bonus against shields (its on fire and alot of shields are wood), maybe crush-through block too. And it could deal a bit damage with every hit, even against block, lest say 5-15 dmg due to the flames (aka the Flaming sword in Phantasy Calradia)
2) a few blunt type weapons still lack crush-through feature
3) since 0.7 the Spiked Hammer is a bit op. 1-handed, 52 blunt dmg and 120 reach with 82 speed rating
4) spear couching- why not? Some other mods have it, makes spears more viable for mounted units
5) achievements or special quests awarding weap prof/skills/stats points/ passive bonuses
6) shield bash
7)-probably already suggested- a forge-type feature to repair/upgrade equipment
:cool: better chance of meeting mystic merchant/entertainment guildsman in taverns
9) castle/town defence upgrades like addictional obstacles for besiegers
10)higher charge damage for tur mount (those horns >.>)
11) perhaps a option to build your own keep on the map?
12)siege weaponry- balistas and catapults
13)OP fantasy units - lets say a couple big demons for demonic army party or some ogre-like mobs roaming the land of Perisno
14) tournament tweaks (being aple to kill horse without riders on the arena to clear it up a bit, different armor and weapons, less random lets say
15)removing some plants from arenas/smoothing up the surface a bit-it gets a bit messy sometimes
16)CUSTOMISABLE HOUSEHOLD TROOPS FOR PLAYER FACTION - now that would be amazing :grin:
17)ability to play as one of companions during battles
180more big bad-ass mounts (maybe armored bull-like beasts)

I would like a function from Mels's mod to be implemented by default. That function being the ability to turn recruits from any other faction into Perisno Recruits.

Please!

Back
Top Bottom