Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

T.L.S. said:
Tarius30 said:
I mean that you would siege the city, and if you win the battle you have the option to just loot it instead of keeping it as your own.
And with some additional cooldown for that action it's seems very nice idea.
Ah, i see. Personally i can't the see benefit of doing that as you might as well take the city -  the taxes alone take care of any money problems and it is more land, more troops, more merchants..?

T.L.S. said:
Tarius30 said:
I mean that you would siege the city, and if you win the battle you have the option to just loot it instead of keeping it as your own.
And with some additional cooldown for that action it's seems very nice idea.

And a massive loss in honour, renown and relation with the town.

Since your acting like a common bandit.

Ah, i see. Personally i can't the see benefit of doing that as you might as well take the city -  the taxes alone take care of any money problems and it is more land, more troops, more merchants..?
For example - you have not enought lords to adequately protect so large territory, but you want to weaken hostile faction.

And a massive loss in honour, renown and relation with the town.

Since your acting like a common bandit.
Massive? Relations with town - yes, other - nope, it's mostly about the tactics, not profit. And serious decreasement of towns prosperity as result of plundering.

Hello, i've been playing this mod for a while now and i rly am loving it.My suggestions are(Huge wall of text incoming):

1.village/castle/town income adjustments and/or passive income

Most unit prices have gone up almost 3 times compared to the native mode(due to all units being allot stronger than the ones in native) however income from fiefs hasn't. AI lords however dont seem to take that into account. The 300-500 gold u get from a village has no way of maintaining the amount of troops u see a AI lord using if given the same fief.Hence it would be cool if the player could have somewhat similar income, if that is harder to modify an alternative solution would be to add some more ways of reliable passive income to be able to sustain a army without having to bandit hunt 24/7 while not at war.
2.balance issues

Most have said it but elves are overpowered no matter how u put it.I used a troop mod to remove gloves in order to lower armor, reduced one hand/two hand mastery by ~30-50 of most troops, reduced bow mastery by 10-20 and replaced all but redwood bows with somewhat weaker bows and they still are the strongest faction around due to the tactics the AI uses.When i played on the elf side the game was way to easy took 300-500 garrisons with losses <50 men.They rly need to loose armor/mele dmg and mid tier units need weaker bows, even medium/light cavalry gets wasted in seconds while charging a elf archer line.I've read that people use the "but heavy cavalry beats them" argument however what people forget is that heavy cavalry counters everything in the game on the open field.The fact that they are harder to train also dosen't matter much for the AI since it seems to have party templates based on fixed income compared to the native mode rather than actually train/pay for his troops.Only troops that rly seem not broken in their troop tree are their nobles since they are about at the same power as other faction's nobles.

Not rly sure if i remember right but i saw somewhere that maccavia should be the heavy armor faction,however in most cases their infantry comes close or gets beaten by other infantry units in terms of armor/hp for instance by the drachen infantry line except for the swordmaster/drachen equivalent. The only thing in the maccavian troop tree that has notable armor/ hp by comparison to other troop tree is their heavy marksman.The halberdiers not having shields while being slow due to the heavy armor they use make them easy picks for most archers unlike other spearmen. Overall id say they could use a few slight buffs here and there however i do not have any exact suggestions, prob add some more armor/hp to their troops to make them stand out in that field.Another cool buff would be making 2 forms of axebow axes, the one there is now that mounted marksmen use*i love the concept* and another one with lower dmg but higher ammo count for heavy marksmen since now they sometimes spawn with one handed+shield+axebow+axes meaning they only have 6 shots be4 they have to melee, another potential solution would be making axebows 1 handed in stead of 2 handed and removing the one handed weapon they normally use, tho that might look a bit weird.

The drahara factions seems pretty good, only wierd thing about them is the royal guards that have points into power throw/draw yet do not have any throwing weapons/bows to use it, passed that they seem allright as far as my experience goes, while assassins are deadly they are lightly armored and easy to kill in return*saw allot of people not like them*.One thing i might suggest is giving the cavalry some throwing weapons to make give them more of a deadly light skirmisher feeling.

The hakkons are in my opinion the best rounded and balanced faction, especially loved the fact that they have a specialization in throwing weapons and unlike most other units have higher throwing mastery than melee weapons, i would love to see that applied everywhere(like archers being better at archery rather than close combat etc would give troops more specialized and allow far more variety).

The reich cavalry feels pretty strong and it should, however the thing that i find a bit to strong in their troop tree is the infantry, they seem a bit to strong for a heavy cavalry specialized faction

Tolarania seem like a rly good faction having a solid core of archer/infantry. Kingsmen however could use a few small buffs. Afaik they should be the toughest infantry unit around, however they have around the same hp and only 1-2 extra armor.Only notable thing about them is the blunt weapons they carry.A decent buff would be to buff their shield skill to 6-7.That would also seem pretty reasonable considering they are constantly fighting the maccavians/redwood(top crossbowmen/archers) so they should have leared how to handle arrows/bolts better.

The valahir have strong shock infantry allot like the nords in the native mod.The things id like to see on them would be first buffing their archer's one handed/two handed skills higher than their archery skills to give them some more individuality and maybe giving the huskarl's two handed axes chance to crush blocks to make them feel like a deadlier alternative compared to the the hersir.One more thing that would be nice would be giving them some sort of mounted unit or a 10 athletics fast unmounted unit that they can use as scouts.

The zann are my 2nd favorite faction compared the hakkon overall i rly liked them overall and cant rly think of anything to change about them except maybe giving their archer samurai arrows in stead of barbed simply for the sake of it xD

As for generall ballance issues, id like to see more weapons that cannot be used on horseback.Namely stronger that the ones that can, it dosent rly feel right to have bows that cannot be used on horseback when there are bows at least just as good that can be and the strongest bow in the game is usable on horseback, maybe make another legendary bow*preferably high dmg slow bow that cannot be used while riding * to give a incentive to be mounted all the time. Would love to see some very heavy/slow melee weapons like that, maybe even on some infantry units to give them a reason to exist passed beeing cheaper cannon fodder when compared to their mounted counterparts.

Also this is a thing i always found reasonable is giving some weapons*namely spears* bonus dmg to horses so spearment would better fit the rolle of horse killers.
3 a few minor bugs that i noticed

Some units cannot use their weapons, the 2 that i saw where drachen priesters and elvarine duskfall riders, the main reason i think this happens is: elvarine duskfall rider sometimes spawns with a bow/arrows/shield/two handed sword, however the issue with that two handed sword is that it cannot be used on horse back hence it will leave the rider without a melee weapon making him use his fists, for the priesters they sometimes spawn with 2 sets of throwing weapons(if i remember right) a shield and a two handed sword that again cannot be used on horseback and in stead of saving a throwing weapon to use in mele they throw them all ending up with nothing but that sword to use. best solluttion here would be to either replace that two handed weapon with something similar or remove the cannot be used on horseback mod.

Not sure if this is intended but elephants and dragons have wierd hitboxes compared to their model.Not game breaking but it feels strange running through a elephant.

When u create ur own kingdom changing the culture doesn't seem to change the culture of ur villages/towns and they still recruit perisno units.Also dosent change ur scouts/patrols.

When u create ur own kingdom ur kingdom's fiefs seem to be spawning scouts a a very fast rate and keep spawning regardless of how many u currently have, not sure if this is a bug or intended.
4.random suggestions

Crossbows/crossbowmen could use a small buff to their range/accuracy to feel more like slow firing accurate shots compared to the bow;s fast firing less accurate shots, maybe add another type of bolts in between steel bolts/axebows in terms of dmg.

This has been said before but there rly needs to be less blunt dmg and also what i feel is adding to this problem and rly needs to be taken down is horse charge damage,it can often knock out 2-3 people in one charge without even needing to hit id tone this down allot and keep it as a thing for elephants only.This would probably also help reduce the high ammounts of prissoners. Another thing that might help is patrols/scouts o going back to cities dropping every now and than and cities somestimes discarding/selling prisoners to lower the amount of them in the game.

If the passive income thing i suggest would be implemented the money from prisoners should be toned down somehow it is atm way to profitable compared to every other method of gaining income.

Make an option to go back to the native AI, atm formations are pretty much ruining the experience for me and probably other people as well. It also makes many nice features annoying like joining a army as a soldier due to the fact that the  AI will ALWAYS do a archer stall even if its clear they will loose while their infantry is dancing left and right and their cavalry is getting their horses killed off by enemy archers, this makes battles very long annoying and boring.At some point i even stopped helping my allies right away in stead waiting for them to have ~10 units left before i joined them in the battle so i wont suffer from having them on my team.It also makes joining big battles a pain unless u are the marshal and can command the whole army.Even if the AI gets fixed it would be nice to have an option to go back to the old charge AI in case something goes wrong.

Maybe a upgrade tree for the shieldsman, id love to see a shield specialized infantry line the shieldman is allright but something on par with final tier infantry also since all other mercenaries from native got a upgrade tree it just seems mean not giving a sellsword(or hired balde, cant remember the name) anoter upgrade or 2 atm he is very weak.

Also it would be nice if after a siege/battle/etc ur relationship with the lords involved would go up automatically in stead of having to talk to each and every one of them in order to get the bonus, also if u are not part of a faction and u join a battle against a lord of a faction it would make sense to have a(maybe small) penalty to relations with that lord/faction/both.

Joining a faction that is neutral/friendly to a minor faction should make u neutral to them 2 example: drahara never seem to figh slavers however slavers will still attack just the player even if he is part of the drahara faction, the player should be by default neutral to them once he joins drahara and only become hostil if he attacks them.Also unless u are part of the Reich the Illa Falki or however they are called should not randomly attack u for no reason if they dont do that to everyone else.

Some options to dealing with bandits without having to kill them urself 24/7 if u have the town of Uliastai is virtually impossible to handle all those sacar raiders by urself since even after destroying the hideout they seem to spawn allot faster than u can kill them and sometimes the hideout respawns after 1 day.This basicly makes the town have virtually no tarif income and the prosperity is a constant poor/very poor except in the begining of the game.Not rly sure how to handle it thought, a patrol wouldnt survive a day over there and if it would it would probably never engage them in battle.

When wounded in battle(happens allot in this mod esp if ur playing melee) add a option like"play the battle out", it should spawn u with 1 hp and instantly knock u out and let ur troops fight it out, if u can this would be a great alternative to the auto resolve issue.

Maybe change leadership morale bonus to something like 15 in stead of 12 that way at max leadership u will be able to hold roughly 180-200 troops and come on par with average lords without having to fight 3 times a day or add some sort of morale bonus when u become a king so that u can actually carry ur army around with u like all kings do for more than a day without having them start deserting.

Saw this suggestion before and was thinking about it myself adding a blacksmith as either a default feature or a town upgrade where u can repair enhance ur equipment for a price.The price should be a % value of the item's value allot like the way the market does prices for items with mods.

When the zann invasion appears make them "build" a town for the emperor that has a village for every vassal they spawn with so they wont defect and ensure the invasion while making it less brutal.

In case u fix the AI it will help but just in case give some options to make early game less boring, atm it isn't difficult just plain boring, just afk around a town untill u see someone attacking a group with allot of good prisoners while having a clear chance to win, join them and win, also maybe give some ways to avoid those fast cavalry units so u wont have to reload spam or need lvl 3 path finding on a lvl 1 char.Or give every new character a starting lvl in path finding.

Since bandits got buffed farmers should also get small buffs to keep up right now if u find a village infested with wandering criminals unless u have pretty strong troops they will probably get killed before even getting into melee range.

Also i never found a reason for the village upgrade that gets rid of horses, doesn't fighting near a village do that by default while leaving ur horses intact?

Make caravans actually travel to the valahir lands, atm from my experience they hardly get any income from trade.

Make the towns u request/keep for urself get reinforcements from village just like the ai towns, doesn't make seem very fair that u have to pay for them and they don't, maybe even add more options to ur trainer guy to train: all melee(100% mele 0% range) mostly melee(75/25),equal(50/50) etc.

Another very handy thing would be if u can add a counter to the party screen that shows u how many troops u have in each division so u can manage armies that have lots of unit types without counting them urself.

Some units have weird default divisions assassins are archers, village guards are archers city guards are archers i think,femme fatale*very low throwing compared to power strike* and some others i cant rly remember right now.

I believe there are some male texts in relation to female characters*namely ones that own fiefs* in the game, i remember on to the queen of the elves.

Make antiope cost more, it's a bit unfair that u get the best bow in the game+ best arrows for just 6k + a companion, since arcanus is 20k she should cost at least 15k herself or give her a weaker bow since it makes the conquer the redwood capital quest kinda pointless.

Some other forms of recruiting would be nice since using ur recruiter is often a waste of time due to all of the fast enemies running around and killing him off.This would also make looting allot more doable since u wont care much for relations with the villages.

A small annoying issue with the current formations is that sometimes while ur units are setting up if the space is narrow ur horsemen will often dismount due to not having room to move also sometimes happens when u have a huge cavalry clash like when u are battling sacar/illa falki*or w/e they are called*.

Some spawns could use more loot in their inventory so when u kill them u actually get something.

Maybe add some ways to recruit faction specific troops(camel riders/elephant riders/priesters/drachenmeisters etc) via a long hard quest line or relation with a lord also make them mutually exclusive(aka if u go for camel riders u wont be able to get elephant riders etc)and make it that u can only get one such troop type every game maybe even do that for some minor factions.This would another personal touch to ur character since ud have ur own rare/unique troop type compared to other lords.

Make an options when u make ur kingdom to set ur culture to perisno so that each lord will recruit perisno troops.

Sorry for any spelling errors and congratz on a very good job on the mod.I rly hope that some of my suggestions help out in any way,am looking forward to the future versions.

snip from above
hi, just saying that you might want to use the "spoiler" button to condense information.
it is the radioactive sign and you just type what you want in between the brackets...
e.g.
hi

I downloaded Perisno about a week ago and i must say big THANK YOU to devs- once again i found myself glued to my laptop whenver i have time to play :smile:.

So thank you guys!

On another note, i would like to propose to the team to introduce Campaing AI Fixes and Tweaks by Motomataru in 0.7 (or at least parts of it that could be apllicable). I tried it few days ago and must say that it makes great difference when it comes to gameplay on campaig map :smile:.

Cheers and thank you for all your hard work team! I'm eagerly awaiting for 0.7 :smile:.

Joshua Ryde said:
snip from above
hi, just saying that you might want to use the "spoiler" button to condense information.
it is the radioactive sign and you just type what you want in between the brackets...
e.g.
hi
that would have prob been a good idea will do that next time

Could someone tell me how many of the village/castle/town improvements you can have? Like, for a village there's about 8 odd, how many can you get at once on the same place? I always start with the mill to help the village, but if there's a limited amount I might need to rethink that (I would test but you know, 20/30 days per upgrade is an annoyance to go through).

Equinoxdawg said:
Could someone tell me how many of the village/castle/town improvements you can have? Like, for a village there's about 8 odd, how many can you get at once on the same place? I always start with the mill to help the village, but if there's a limited amount I might need to rethink that (I would test but you know, 20/30 days per upgrade is an annoyance to go through).
You can build everything that availible in menu

1.village/castle/town income adjustments and/or passive income

Most unit prices have gone up almost 3 times compared to the native mode(due to all units being allot stronger than the ones in native) however income from fiefs hasn't. AI lords however dont seem to take that into account. The 300-500 gold u get from a village has no way of maintaining the amount of troops u see a AI lord using if given the same fief.Hence it would be cool if the player could have somewhat similar income, if that is harder to modify an alternative solution would be to add some more ways of reliable passive income to be able to sustain a army without having to bandit hunt 24/7 while not at war.
There are things we have changed in order for you to make more money. (Such as Hunting, and Foraging to name a few). We can raise some income levels for things but a good thing to do is build some improvements which can raise the income significantly. Thanks for raising this issue.

Most have said it but elves are overpowered no matter how u put it.I used a troop mod to remove gloves in order to lower armor, reduced one hand/two hand mastery by ~30-50 of most troops, reduced bow mastery by 10-20 and replaced all but redwood bows with somewhat weaker bows and they still are the strongest faction around due to the tactics the AI uses.When i played on the elf side the game was way to easy took 300-500 garrisons with losses <50 men.They rly need to loose armor/mele dmg and mid tier units need weaker bows, even medium/light cavalry gets wasted in seconds while charging a elf archer line.I've read that people use the "but heavy cavalry beats them" argument however what people forget is that heavy cavalry counters everything in the game on the open field.The fact that they are harder to train also dosen't matter much for the AI since it seems to have party templates based on fixed income compared to the native mode rather than actually train/pay for his troops.Only troops that rly seem not broken in their troop tree are their nobles since they are about at the same power as other faction's nobles.

Not rly sure if i remember right but i saw somewhere that maccavia should be the heavy armor faction,however in most cases their infantry comes close or gets beaten by other infantry units in terms of armor/hp for instance by the drachen infantry line except for the swordmaster/drachen equivalent. The only thing in the maccavian troop tree that has notable armor/ hp by comparison to other troop tree is their heavy marksman.The halberdiers not having shields while being slow due to the heavy armor they use make them easy picks for most archers unlike other spearmen. Overall id say they could use a few slight buffs here and there however i do not have any exact suggestions, prob add some more armor/hp to their troops to make them stand out in that field.Another cool buff would be making 2 forms of axebow axes, the one there is now that mounted marksmen use*i love the concept* and another one with lower dmg but higher ammo count for heavy marksmen since now they sometimes spawn with one handed+shield+axebow+axes meaning they only have 6 shots be4 they have to melee, another potential solution would be making axebows 1 handed in stead of 2 handed and removing the one handed weapon they normally use, tho that might look a bit weird.

The drahara factions seems pretty good, only wierd thing about them is the royal guards that have points into power throw/draw yet do not have any throwing weapons/bows to use it, passed that they seem allright as far as my experience goes, while assassins are deadly they are lightly armored and easy to kill in return*saw allot of people not like them*.One thing i might suggest is giving the cavalry some throwing weapons to make give them more of a deadly light skirmisher feeling.

The hakkons are in my opinion the best rounded and balanced faction, especially loved the fact that they have a specialization in throwing weapons and unlike most other units have higher throwing mastery than melee weapons, i would love to see that applied everywhere(like archers being better at archery rather than close combat etc would give troops more specialized and allow far more variety).

The reich cavalry feels pretty strong and it should, however the thing that i find a bit to strong in their troop tree is the infantry, they seem a bit to strong for a heavy cavalry specialized faction

Tolarania seem like a rly good faction having a solid core of archer/infantry. Kingsmen however could use a few small buffs. Afaik they should be the toughest infantry unit around, however they have around the same hp and only 1-2 extra armor.Only notable thing about them is the blunt weapons they carry.A decent buff would be to buff their shield skill to 6-7.That would also seem pretty reasonable considering they are constantly fighting the maccavians/redwood(top crossbowmen/archers) so they should have leared how to handle arrows/bolts better.

The valahir have strong shock infantry allot like the nords in the native mod.The things id like to see on them would be first buffing their archer's one handed/two handed skills higher than their archery skills to give them some more individuality and maybe giving the huskarl's two handed axes chance to crush blocks to make them feel like a deadlier alternative compared to the the hersir.One more thing that would be nice would be giving them some sort of mounted unit or a 10 athletics fast unmounted unit that they can use as scouts.

The zann are my 2nd favorite faction compared the hakkon overall i rly liked them overall and cant rly think of anything to change about them except maybe giving their archer samurai arrows in stead of barbed simply for the sake of it xD

As for generall ballance issues, id like to see more weapons that cannot be used on horseback.Namely stronger that the ones that can, it dosent rly feel right to have bows that cannot be used on horseback when there are bows at least just as good that can be and the strongest bow in the game is usable on horseback, maybe make another legendary bow*preferably high dmg slow bow that cannot be used while riding * to give a incentive to be mounted all the time. Would love to see some very heavy/slow melee weapons like that, maybe even on some infantry units to give them a reason to exist passed beeing cheaper cannon fodder when compared to their mounted counterparts.

Also this is a thing i always found reasonable is giving some weapons*namely spears* bonus dmg to horses so spearment would better fit the rolle of horse killers.
I won't comment on everything directly but there is ongoing balancing which takes a lot of time due to the nature of all the troops and different style of factions etc. Drahara is getting some work, aswell as the Redwoods. Most factions will have some kind of change but it remains to be seen what we have time for 0.7. It will be interesting to see what happens when The Realm of the Falcon fully comes into play. We might also change some of the Redwood armor and that might change a few things. All the things you mentioned will go into consideration, but everything takes time. Our team can only do so much at a time :wink:

3 a few minor bugs that i noticed

Some units cannot use their weapons, the 2 that i saw where drachen priesters and elvarine duskfall riders, the main reason i think this happens is: elvarine duskfall rider sometimes spawns with a bow/arrows/shield/two handed sword, however the issue with that two handed sword is that it cannot be used on horse back hence it will leave the rider without a melee weapon making him use his fists, for the priesters they sometimes spawn with 2 sets of throwing weapons(if i remember right) a shield and a two handed sword that again cannot be used on horseback and in stead of saving a throwing weapon to use in mele they throw them all ending up with nothing but that sword to use. best solluttion here would be to either replace that two handed weapon with something similar or remove the cannot be used on horseback mod.

Not sure if this is intended but elephants and dragons have wierd hitboxes compared to their model.Not game breaking but it feels strange running through a elephant.

When u create ur own kingdom changing the culture doesn't seem to change the culture of ur villages/towns and they still recruit perisno units.Also dosent change ur scouts/patrols.

When u create ur own kingdom ur kingdom's fiefs seem to be spawning scouts a a very fast rate and keep spawning regardless of how many u currently have, not sure if this is a bug or intended.
This is something we accidentally let slip through 0.611. Fixing the melee situation will be easy.
The elephants are not perfect and neither are their hit-boxes. They are a pain to work with especially with their size but they are not a priority right now.
The culture thing right now is supposed to give you just Perisno troops as creating your own faction was meant to bring back the Kingdom of Perisno. But we might have time to "fix" this so you can choose any culture you wish.

4.random suggestions

Crossbows/crossbowmen could use a small buff to their range/accuracy to feel more like slow firing accurate shots compared to the bow;s fast firing less accurate shots, maybe add another type of bolts in between steel bolts/axebows in terms of dmg.

This has been said before but there rly needs to be less blunt dmg and also what i feel is adding to this problem and rly needs to be taken down is horse charge damage,it can often knock out 2-3 people in one charge without even needing to hit id tone this down allot and keep it as a thing for elephants only.This would probably also help reduce the high ammounts of prissoners. Another thing that might help is patrols/scouts o going back to cities dropping every now and than and cities somestimes discarding/selling prisoners to lower the amount of them in the game.

If the passive income thing i suggest would be implemented the money from prisoners should be toned down somehow it is atm way to profitable compared to every other method of gaining income.

Make an option to go back to the native AI, atm formations are pretty much ruining the experience for me and probably other people as well. It also makes many nice features annoying like joining a army as a soldier due to the fact that the  AI will ALWAYS do a archer stall even if its clear they will loose while their infantry is dancing left and right and their cavalry is getting their horses killed off by enemy archers, this makes battles very long annoying and boring.At some point i even stopped helping my allies right away in stead waiting for them to have ~10 units left before i joined them in the battle so i wont suffer from having them on my team.It also makes joining big battles a pain unless u are the marshal and can command the whole army.Even if the AI gets fixed it would be nice to have an option to go back to the old charge AI in case something goes wrong.

Maybe a upgrade tree for the shieldsman, id love to see a shield specialized infantry line the shieldman is allright but something on par with final tier infantry also since all other mercenaries from native got a upgrade tree it just seems mean not giving a sellsword(or hired balde, cant remember the name) anoter upgrade or 2 atm he is very weak.

Also it would be nice if after a siege/battle/etc ur relationship with the lords involved would go up automatically in stead of having to talk to each and every one of them in order to get the bonus, also if u are not part of a faction and u join a battle against a lord of a faction it would make sense to have a(maybe small) penalty to relations with that lord/faction/both.

Joining a faction that is neutral/friendly to a minor faction should make u neutral to them 2 example: drahara never seem to figh slavers however slavers will still attack just the player even if he is part of the drahara faction, the player should be by default neutral to them once he joins drahara and only become hostil if he attacks them.Also unless u are part of the Reich the Illa Falki or however they are called should not randomly attack u for no reason if they dont do that to everyone else.

Some options to dealing with bandits without having to kill them urself 24/7 if u have the town of Uliastai is virtually impossible to handle all those sacar raiders by urself since even after destroying the hideout they seem to spawn allot faster than u can kill them and sometimes the hideout respawns after 1 day.This basicly makes the town have virtually no tarif income and the prosperity is a constant poor/very poor except in the begining of the game.Not rly sure how to handle it thought, a patrol wouldnt survive a day over there and if it would it would probably never engage them in battle.

When wounded in battle(happens allot in this mod esp if ur playing melee) add a option like"play the battle out", it should spawn u with 1 hp and instantly knock u out and let ur troops fight it out, if u can this would be a great alternative to the auto resolve issue.

Maybe change leadership morale bonus to something like 15 in stead of 12 that way at max leadership u will be able to hold roughly 180-200 troops and come on par with average lords without having to fight 3 times a day or add some sort of morale bonus when u become a king so that u can actually carry ur army around with u like all kings do for more than a day without having them start deserting.

Saw this suggestion before and was thinking about it myself adding a blacksmith as either a default feature or a town upgrade where u can repair enhance ur equipment for a price.The price should be a % value of the item's value allot like the way the market does prices for items with mods.

When the zann invasion appears make them "build" a town for the emperor that has a village for every vassal they spawn with so they wont defect and ensure the invasion while making it less brutal.

In case u fix the AI it will help but just in case give some options to make early game less boring, atm it isn't difficult just plain boring, just afk around a town untill u see someone attacking a group with allot of good prisoners while having a clear chance to win, join them and win, also maybe give some ways to avoid those fast cavalry units so u wont have to reload spam or need lvl 3 path finding on a lvl 1 char.Or give every new character a starting lvl in path finding.

Since bandits got buffed farmers should also get small buffs to keep up right now if u find a village infested with wandering criminals unless u have pretty strong troops they will probably get killed before even getting into melee range.

Also i never found a reason for the village upgrade that gets rid of horses, doesn't fighting near a village do that by default while leaving ur horses intact?

Make caravans actually travel to the valahir lands, atm from my experience they hardly get any income from trade.

Make the towns u request/keep for urself get reinforcements from village just like the ai towns, doesn't make seem very fair that u have to pay for them and they don't, maybe even add more options to ur trainer guy to train: all melee(100% mele 0% range) mostly melee(75/25),equal(50/50) etc.

Another very handy thing would be if u can add a counter to the party screen that shows u how many troops u have in each division so u can manage armies that have lots of unit types without counting them urself.

Some units have weird default divisions assassins are archers, village guards are archers city guards are archers i think,femme fatale*very low throwing compared to power strike* and some others i cant rly remember right now.

I believe there are some male texts in relation to female characters*namely ones that own fiefs* in the game, i remember on to the queen of the elves.

Make antiope cost more, it's a bit unfair that u get the best bow in the game+ best arrows for just 6k + a companion, since arcanus is 20k she should cost at least 15k herself or give her a weaker bow since it makes the conquer the redwood capital quest kinda pointless.

Some other forms of recruiting would be nice since using ur recruiter is often a waste of time due to all of the fast enemies running around and killing him off.This would also make looting allot more doable since u wont care much for relations with the villages.

A small annoying issue with the current formations is that sometimes while ur units are setting up if the space is narrow ur horsemen will often dismount due to not having room to move also sometimes happens when u have a huge cavalry clash like when u are battling sacar/illa falki*or w/e they are called*.

Some spawns could use more loot in their inventory so when u kill them u actually get something.

Maybe add some ways to recruit faction specific troops(camel riders/elephant riders/priesters/drachenmeisters etc) via a long hard quest line or relation with a lord also make them mutually exclusive(aka if u go for camel riders u wont be able to get elephant riders etc)and make it that u can only get one such troop type every game maybe even do that for some minor factions.This would another personal touch to ur character since ud have ur own rare/unique troop type compared to other lords.

Make an options when u make ur kingdom to set ur culture to perisno so that each lord will recruit perisno troops.

Sorry for any spelling errors and congratz on a very good job on the mod.I rly hope that some of my suggestions help out in any way,am looking forward to the future versions.
[/quote]
I'll let our balancing guys figure out how they will handle the crossbows. Now with that said, ALL the items are getting a overhaul. But it will take a while to get everything implanted. Horse damage is being lowered slightly. Selling prisoners has always been a very profitable business and I think with some of the price increases we have planned this will still be a important money making part of the mod.
I won't touch to much on the AI since I have done so MANY time in the past. First, you can turn it off in the camp menu. Second we are trying to get a fix or a overhaul but nothing is in stone yet.

Mercs. will probably get more troops options.

I like the idea of lord troop relations going up automatically. I shall add it to the long list of things to do  :wink:

To handle the bandit situation, make your own kingdom and start making patrols. Eventually there will be a lot and you can start controlling the situation to some extent.

The Blacksmith idea doesn't sound to bad, and might get added in the future.

The invasion is not bug free and is still being worked on.

I'll look into the Valahir Caravan thing.

To end my response, we have some quests planned for the future, but as i stated earlier we are doing as many things as possible.

Thnx for the reply, u are doing a great job the mod is in very good shape considering its 0.6 and so far its my favorite one^^

Income:
Towns generate most the income via tarifs when i owned towns like leuvene(i think its the name of that tolarian town) it would go up as far as 8k compared to the ~1.5k rent at very rich prosperity. When i had towns like the Grind/Grundr(the valahir ones) they would hardly ever get 200-300 aurons from tarifs even tho it had max upgrades and very rich prosperity not sure what causes the low caravan activity there and im not sure if other towns do not have the same issue.
Villages are very hard to keep at decent prosperity due to allot of facts*ud have to protect villagers from all sorts of threats, they get looted allot and the issue that is also present in native, enemy AI lords prioritizing the player's villages when looting, hence it will prob stay at average-poor prosperity even with a mill getting u at most 200-300 aurons/week that is hardly enuff to keep 5 t6 units while the AI that has a village can keep a 50-70 man army that has ~ 10 t6 units in it via the same passive income without doing any fighting(followed one for around a month to check)
Castles are prob the worst since their prosperity is based on the village they come with they will also usually be poor/average and with the 500-700 aurons u get from that u can hardly cover a 70 man garrison*not even close to the 200 man garsion the  AI lords can have+ 100 man army they usually get for that)
That+ the fact that ai owned villages/towns get trained forces from villages, even in the middle of a siege, for free is giving them a bit to much money advantage .

Bandits:
The bandit thing is only a issue if u are a vassal, if u have u are the king than having a town in a bandit infested area is actually profitable and somewhat exploitable, all u have to do is take 3-4 lords and only give the one fief, namely the villages that belong to ur town, they will than hang out mostly around ur town hunt down all the bandits and bring u all the prisoners making it a huge income source, for some reason scouts didn't rly seem to do a good job at keeping the area clean of bandits even tho the whole place was full of scouts.

Small thing i forgot:
AI garrisons behave pretty weird, while if u put units in them they don't seem to mind even if they cant afford them(they do still play the wages somehow) but unless u do that AI lords don't seem to ever add more men to defend their castles, and while they start with ~ 200/500-600 man garrisons for castles/towns when the castle gets conquered they only place 75-70/200 man garrisons for castles/towns.
The only exception to this is if it is conquered by the king(except urself) or some other rich(i think?) lords the town/castle get a bigger garrisons right after being taken and than keeps it after it is assigned to its new owner.
Also when u conquer castles/towns as marshal/vassal they get a 0 man garrison(AI marshals/lords don't use their own army to spawn the garrison of conquered towns)

Balance:
Well somewhat balance since most things will change when u add new factions and so on is having items that cannot be used on horseback stronger than the ones that can, atm this only true for crossbows, since the darkwood ranger bow can be used from horseback so can that 900 hp elf shield(what happened to the good old heavy tower shield?:sad: ). And maybe as a general thought is to make archers/infantry have different levels of weapon skills, only units that make sense having the same weapon skill levels for all their usable weapons is the valahir archers(they should be good in melee if not better) and the zann swordspearman(he is called that for a reason)

Hope u guys keep up the good work and can't wait to see how 0.7 is gonna be^^

Thanks for the feedback. I wont respond to all that fully but it's taken into note. but one thing is forsure, the AI is it battle or campaign needs some ironing out. We will try to make it better in version 0.7

I also have something in mind that I want feedback on. What do you guys/girls/players/people think of this archer animation?

It's not exactly that animation as it would have a slight tweak but that's a quick video i could find for it. Do you like it, do you not? Should we add it to Perisno?

Michadr said:
Thanks for the feedback. I wont respond to all that fully but it's taken into note. but one thing is forsure, the AI is it battle or campaign needs some ironing out. We will try to make it better in version 0.7

I also have something in mind that I want feedback on. What do you guys/girls/players/people think of this archer animation?

It's not exactly that animation as it would have a slight tweak but that's a quick video i could find for it. Do you like it, do you not? Should we add it to Perisno?

Horrible.

The native one is more fluid.

Michadr said:

I think that all the other "alternative" animations looks stupid, exept this one. Don't know that much about archery, but it looks realistic. Mostly taking and nocking the arrows.

But, as you said above, there will be a "slight tweak" to the animation. What exactly is this tweak?

I added all of those animations before and played with them. I can't stand any of them. The spear thrust is completely bizarre. The tip of the spear takes an unnatural right turn and slight twist at the end of the thrust which looks terrible. The way the bow is held would be fine if he wasn't unnaturally lurched so far forward for no reason. I ended up deleting them after barely an hour of using them. If you use them in the next release, I'll have to remove them. Spare yourself and us the trouble and don't use them.

Thanks for the feedback. We will not be changing any of the other animations at all. As someone mentioned above they are just not good, or not a improvement over native. The archer animation is the only one I have considered at all and that's why i wanted some feedback on it. The tweak would be the archer wouldnt bend down quite so far, but I am not sure I am able accomplish that yet.

Hi. I have a suggestion about the Perisno Holy Priest/Holy Champion gear. Or just the Pilgrim troop line in general.
Now, has one of you moderators/devs played the MMORPG World of Warcraft?
Because i was thinking that you could perhaps draw some inspiration from theirs armor sets for troop looks?
i.e. Perisno Holy Champion wearing something that looks like this set - http://arewenewatthis.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/tier-2-paladin.jpg .
I know that the textures are different, but i have just realised that out of all the troop textures, there is very little colour variation - maybe top tier troops could have extra bits....the Perisno Holy Champion sounds very similar to a paladin in RPGs and so the armor would be the perfect looking set for it.
Just thought i'd give you an idea if you were thinking of retexturing some troops.
Thanks

To me, this is ugly...
Plus, it doesn't fit with the Perisnoan troops general looking. Red and gold is not their colors...
And actually this armor is already in the game. The devs ar too good  :lol:

Katsuki said:
To me, this is ugly...
Plus, it doesn't fit with the Perisnoan troops general looking. Red and gold is not their colors...
And actually this armor is already in the game. The devs ar too good  :lol:
It is in the game? Where? Because i saw a Holy Champion wearing a similar outfit in a photo - didn't think it was this one.
And yes, you might not like it. Just maybe some ideas to brighten up some high-tier units.
Maken them look "elite" - the dwarves like gold, maybe they could have armor like that.?

the enhanced bow animations looks unnatural o.o  the arm nocking the arrows looks like it bends at an wierd angle.

plus he`s like leaning forward for no reason, archers don`t have a scope on their bows to lean forward on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXEdY9k1gPc&feature=youtu.be&t=7m42s - this is somewhat the equivalent of a re-curved bow in-game, look how he hold the bow, even tho he has a sight thingy (ones in the middle ages/fantasy lore don`t have sights/scopes)

by leaning forward you won`t ever hit your target with a bow, only in movies you see ppl leaning and doing other unneccesary postures with the bow, because they are catchy and ppl seem to like them, but proper archery is a whole different thing o.o

http://youtu.be/feU_jAoDliM?t=2m10s

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Uqa2E9qGE - we have some bows like that in the game.
so going by just efficiency no archer in  a fight will use  a posture like in those animations.

closest thing that comes towards that animation would be the Horse archers, but they lean a bit from complete different reasons.

i have a feeling that the people who made the whole enhanced animations, only made them to be more "artistic" and not take in account a proper fight o.o

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Uqa2E9qGE -  we have some bows like that in the game

Back
Top Bottom