Discussion + Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonion please hear my plea and add some usefulness to the NPCs we can capture as prisoners.

- Old Witch and Young Witch from the Adventurer's Guild quests have recruitment dialogues, I had positive relations with their faction (Demon Worshippers), though I couldn't recruit them, because they were LVL 43 and I was 39ish.) They are probably recruitable, but I am not 100% sure.

- Kalrind, Rdahcim and Mactabilus don't have any recruitment dialogue but it is possible to capture them to let them rot in a cell or execute them in cold blood.

What I really would like to see is the option to recruit them as companions (not a fully fledged companion, maybe something like Austad). I don't know how much work it requires, but please let us recruit those cool NPCs.

arduus said:
Leonion please hear my plea and add some usefulness to the NPCs we can capture as prisoners.

- Old Witch and Young Witch from the Adventurer's Guild quests have recruitment dialogues, I had positive relations with their faction (Demon Worshippers), though I couldn't recruit them, because they were LVL 43 and I was 39ish.) They are probably recruitable, but I am not 100% sure.

- Kalrind, Rdahcim and Mactabilus don't have any recruitment dialogue but it is possible to capture them to let them rot in a cell or execute them in cold blood.

What I really would like to see is the option to recruit them as companions (not a fully fledged companion, maybe something like Austad). I don't know how much work it requires, but please let us recruit those cool NPCs.

I remember bugging the game with cheats to recruit them, way before it was patched out and I believe single prisoner recruiting wasn't a thing. I still want to recruit captured heroes, but the companion limit seems to be full for new companions, though if they could be recruited it would be cool.

arduus said:
You can never have too many companions, Dantelh :grin: I always train my noble companions and make them lords. Only 7 of them stay with me at the end.

I agree with that.

A separate suggestion, the Revolution in Vinica quest would be better if the player was directly sent to the mercenary captain, otherwise the reliance on RNG for a Nihonian to spawn is soul crushing, and often bugs out a bit (for me) due to Vinica being taken before completion.

arduus said:
Away with you, vile beggar!

Those people are not meant to be companions either script-wise or lore-wise.

Also there is no use in asking me anything anymore, I'm pretty much done with Warband. If other devs finish their changes I may make some polishing touches before the release (mostly fixing the bugs that people reported since 0.9 came out) but that's it.
:razz:

Sigh

It seems our warband adventure came to an end, no offence to the other devs, but I don't have as much faith in them as I do in you. Thanks for the reply though, I won't pester any further with that topic :smile:

You were probably the best Warband modder, happy retirement to you, though I'm not able to send any gifts. Well actually, I have something that never stops giving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Thanks, but it's hardly fair to other modders.  :smile:
I'm definitely not better than a lot of them, be it skill-wise, creativity-wise, understanding-what-the-majority-wants-wise etc.

You guys know the dueler from Parandova, he was a musketeer right? What do you guys think of making a existing Parandovan musketeer faction? So it would make sense to put the dueler there and not in some native American naruto village.

Cerber said:
On that note, I asked before, but was not answered- how could one edit the K.O. chance back to 100%? The blunt weapon investment is too big for me to rely on a measily 50% chance, yet I would like to avoid resorting to Morgh's, due to having no experience with it and avoiding possible game-breaking mistakes.

Re-voicing my question. I hope it can be edited within a text file. Surely there's someone with the knowledge kind enough to to let me make a personal change.

Cerber said:
On that note, I asked before, but was not answered- how could one edit the K.O. chance back to 100%?
In mission_templates.txt find all instances of
Code:
4 0 31 2 1224979098644774913 1 1073743331 1 1224979098644774914 1073741854 2 1224979098644774915 50

4 0 31 2 1224979098644774913 1 1073743331 1 1224979098644774914 30 2 1224979098644774915 50

4 0 31 2 1224979098644774914 1 1073743331 1 1224979098644774915 30 2 1224979098644774916 50
5 total
And replace those last 50s with 0s.

Thank you Leonin!  :party:

I must admit I changed the % back to 100 after reading this :oops:

I prefer selling prisoners for money rather than relying on too many business investments or investing heavily in the looting/trade skills. This way I do not feel fiscally pressured to use all troops armed with blunt weapons. Hurray for variety!   

Meadbrewer quest definitely could use dialog clarifications (drinking a little and not to the bottom doesn't tell me in any way I'd stop the quest there, or that I wouldn't like it and not proceed for example).

Dialog could use english language improvement. ("I circuited the town", "Meadbrewer is a retired mercenary guild of adventurers"). If the dev team needs minor help there, I could help, but can't commit as a full-time contributor, as I expect I won't manage to handle a lot of work.

Will also drop a comment on the recruitment post in case there's need of me.

Cerber said:
Meadbrewer quest definitely could use dialog clarifications (drinking a little and not to the bottom doesn't tell me in any way I'd stop the quest there, or that I wouldn't like it and not proceed for example).

Dialog could use english language improvement. ("I circuited the town", "Meadbrewer is a retired mercenary guild of adventurers"). If the dev team needs minor help there, I could help, but can't commit as a full-time contributor, as I expect I won't manage to handle a lot of work.

Will also drop a comment on the recruitment post in case there's need of me.

There's also the missing portrait quest, which is a mess at times.

Have you ever thought about bringing some modification to the weapon proficiencies system? At the exception maybe of the number of proficiency points received at each levels (15 or 20 instead of 10 or 15), the system seems to be pretty much the same as in Vanilla, which makes it a bit difficult to train some of your companions into decent fighters in the superhuman context of Perisno, if they didn't already have good weapon skills (which turn a lot of your companions into deadweight in battle, even those who seems to have somewhat of a warrior design --- thinking about Uldin here :razz: ).

I've tought that a system where your weapon master level only determine your skill cap (60 at level 1 and +40 for each level, for a limit of 420 at 10) and where 1 proficiency point always = +1 point into your proficiency, and where you win 10 proficiency points by level (or 15, if you raise your agility) could be a good idea.

That way, if you decide to level up, let's say Zaira, from level 6 to 25, you could bring up her archery skill from her meager 130 to 320 (not a killing machine, but elite troop level), if you raise her weapon master to 8. 

Back
Top Bottom