[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, welcome to Mount and Blade: Warband. Given that you're new here, I'd suggest reading some of the guides floating around the forums to give you some pointers for your first game! Enjoy!

TrashMan said:
Moridin said:
I don't think a city should pay for its garrison at all, let alone easily. At the point where I have a city, I likely have enterprises in most cities bringing in good money. If city garrisons (which are typically fairly large to deter sieges) were paid for by the rents then all that would result in would be a steady stream of income without much effort to defend it. I think in this period the city rents and enterprise profits should fall just short of covering the garrison and party upkeep, which encourages the player to go out and fight lords, raid and do other things in order to supplement their income. Fief management is an important part of the game, yes, but it's also a very passive part - click and click, now wait - unlike prisoner hunting, tournaments etc. which all require a much greater level of player involvement and engagement. Letting fiefs and enterprises cover most of the costs of a decent garrison and party while still leaving some deficit pushes the player to not just sit in their city for weeks on end waiting for an upgrade to finish.

A CITY cannot pay for it's garrison?
C'mon? If the biggest population centers cannot support 200 (???) armed men, then the land of Pendor truly is
a dumpster.

Taxes WERE the main income of lords. And they were sufficient enough. Although, the standing armies were small and most troops were conscripts, so outside of small garrisons, armies were only assmebed during times of war. That was also the reason wars were mostly fought outside of harvesting/planting seasons - so that the conscripts could go back to work the fields.

There are some concessions made to gameplay, though, and if you're garrisoning any city with 200 men you're going to have a bad time. As I said, a decent garrison is a requirement if you don't want to be fending off sieges with brutal regularity, and 200 troops is cutting it short for a castle, let alone a city.

As you said, standing armies were traditionally very small and the bulk of a lord's or king's troops would come from levies raised during wartime. This is not the case in Pendor, once a kingdom makes peace the lords don't disband their troops or return them to garrisons, nor is there a mechanism that allows for quickly raising armies on that level. As such, the requirement for a standing army of competitive size and quality is much higher, and I don't think that cities should be lucrative enough to pay for all of that.

Moridin said:
There are some concessions made to gameplay, though, and if you're garrisoning any city with 200 men you're going to have a bad time. As I said, a decent garrison is a requirement if you don't want to be fending off sieges with brutal regularity, and 200 troops is cutting it short for a castle, let alone a city.

As you said, standing armies were traditionally very small and the bulk of a lord's or king's troops would come from levies raised during wartime. This is not the case in Pendor, once a kingdom makes peace the lords don't disband their troops or return them to garrisons, nor is there a mechanism that allows for quickly raising armies on that level. As such, the requirement for a standing army of competitive size and quality is much higher, and I don't think that cities should be lucrative enough to pay for all of that.

For a 2000 army? No.

But gain, depends on the level and qualtiy of troops. 2000 milita? yes. 2000 knights? no.

However a town should provide for a DECENT garrison, not a max garrison of high level troops + player army

Reminder that 200 garrisoned Ravenstern Rangers cost 4400 denars a week, the same as 800 Ravenstern Wardens or 1466,6 Ravenstern Archers. Or 1284 Pendor Heavy Archers. Or 8800 militia.

That's at Leadership 9, btw.

A city can easily pay for it's own garrison - as long as you don't fill it up with top elite troops, cavalry, or mercenaries. Most players who have problems with money management try to amass a reserve cavalry force in their cities.

With enterprises and the occasional prisoner capture/feast and selling the top pieces of loot you get after lord battles, you can keep a positive money flow with not too much effort.

You pay 33% more for archers above level 30.

And that's what being "elite" means. They are worth it in the end because you have a limited party size, not allowing you to have 4 times more wardens in it... but for garrisons? It's not smart, unless you're defending against a doomstack.

Adventurers cost +67% because they are cavalry, then +33% because they are archers as well.
On that note, mercenaries cost +100% and companions +200%.

All of those are addictive, by the way. A mercenary cavalry unit of level 30 or above equipped with a bow(e.g. a Jatu Rider) costs 3 times as much as non-merc infantry of the same level.

EDIT: As  suggestion, I'd love to see a remake of the Forlorn Hope plate armor. Currently it's the same as the unicorn armor, minus the unicorn.

Hero Adventurers are easy to get, it's not that hard to accumulate a sizable number of them early game compared to to Order Knights and the Noldor. Their high price is there to discourage spamming them.

It would be fun if there could be "shades" or some sort of assassin that have the same stats and armour and face as your player's character.
What with the heretics and all, it wouldn't surprise me if they could send out assassins to attack someone of [over a certain amount of renown] by sending out tormented souls that take on the form of the target. That'd be such fun!

Dear Developers,

The more I play PoP the more I like it. The game is excellent as it is so I can think of only a few additional options to make it better for roleplay purpose from my own viewpoint:

1. As a polearm fan I`ll be grateful to use some Noldor style spear / halberd, if possible. The Noldor weapons does look more delicate and exquisite made than the rest. The statistics aren`t so important.

2. Making the Snake Cult and / or Heretics a joinable faction. Not to become even more OP than now, perhaps with some limitations like only 1 Magni for every 100 units in the hero army, 1 Revenant for 50 units etc. No need of different quest lines, moral choices or honor different than any current faction. Anything and everything that you may decide for appropriate. Yes, I`m a little evil thing and have no problem to serve ... Queen Maltise, for example.

3. In an earlier version of the game I managed to loot a demon head helmet - demonic head with red eyes and horns and gloves like a demon claw. The demonic armor, except the demonhide armor, is no longer available and I`d like very much to see it again, if you consider it for acceptable. For the sheer aestetics of it`s design, demonhide armor stats aren`t the best ones, even with 30 strenght requirements but I used it all the time in 3.6 and I`ll use it in 3.705 if it`s available yet. If the new black armor of the Revenants and Magni is useable it would be great also.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Yours faithfully
V.

How about a recruitable spy

Similar to a companion/lord that can be issued commands
has tracking, spotting and pathfinding at 10
only 1 available to recruit
can only be recruited through you chancellor/minister(so late game only)
can be issued orders through chancellor/companions
is non hostile to all factions
can be given commands to follow a target that is in his view or to scout out an area and send report of troop activity/garrison strength
costs a lot +10K with high upkeep 1k and also cost renown +200 and honour +100(underhanded) to recruit

vorador1980 said:
snip
3. In an earlier version of the game I managed to loot a demon head helmet - demonic head with red eyes and horns and gloves like a demon claw. The demonic armor, except the demonhide armor, is no longer available and I`d like very much to see it again, if you consider it for acceptable. For the sheer aestetics of it`s design, demonhide armor stats aren`t the best ones, even with 30 strenght requirements but I used it all the time in 3.6 and I`ll use it in 3.705 if it`s available yet. If the new black armor of the Revenants and Magni is useable it would be great also.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Yours faithfully
V.
What about this (aqs_plate_armor2)?

What 30 str requirement? :grin:  we can make that happen :smile: though not likely to happen.
I like it because i like more intimidating looking armors, (despite playing a goodie-goodie character). I wish you guys would add a couple more of blackish/redish/eventideish looking armors :smile:.

damm...guess we`re stuck admiring it on an enemy or best case scenario :smile: inventory . Still looks really great , good fit for the best (and still mostly human right?) servants of Errida

k0nr@d said:
What about this (aqs_plate_armor2)?

Aaaand now I got a boner.
Dammit n0nr@d!

You sure can make some sexy, sexy stuff.

If you don't mind me throwing in some fantasy-ish armor referrences for you, as inspiration:
http://orig00.deviantart.net/49db/f/2012/181/a/b/mage__paladin_by_hikachuuu-d55j05w.png

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/101/images/10505-2-1201014422.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4c/1b/d0/4c1bd0dbeb5eb4dbdbedf3fdc9f0b088.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/2d/77/722d776faa35546d748ad24d7aab0f06.jpg

Personaly, I never use Noldor armor, because it doesn't look like heavy armor to me.

TrashMan said:
snip
Aaaand now I got a boner.
Dammit n0nr@d!

You sure can make some sexy, sexy stuff.

If you don't mind me throwing in some fantasy-ish armor referrences for you, as inspiration:
http://orig00.deviantart.net/49db/f/2012/181/a/b/mage__paladin_by_hikachuuu-d55j05w.png

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/101/images/10505-2-1201014422.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/4c/1b/d0/4c1bd0dbeb5eb4dbdbedf3fdc9f0b088.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/2d/77/722d776faa35546d748ad24d7aab0f06.jpg

Personaly, I never use Noldor armor, because it doesn't look like heavy armor to me.
Thank you for those links, I will have a look.

Noldor stuff supposed to be light and swift, I think that should fit you better

Back
Top Bottom