[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

MitchyMatt said:
1. You cannot be evil in this mod by any standard means. You can do bad things but ultimately befriending a Noldor is the mods 'endgame' requirement.

2. There are no discounts given to anyone except maybe the Griffons, but that requires a certain choice in the creation menu.

3. Bad-tempered lords or sadistic lords are still that, doing honorless things will not make them like you more. Doing honorless things will not be rewarded in any capacity, like relations.

1. But what is the point of having join-able evil orders then ? (Eventide / Gauntlet)

2. prestige cost of knights and sergeant goes down when honor goes up. I sugested an inversed mechanic for eventide because they require negative honor for creating a chapter.

aerendhil said:
But what is the point of having join-able evil orders then ? (Eventide / Gauntlet)
Roleplay, design and personal preference. Nothing else. For instance, the Ebony Gauntlet is one of my all time favorite order beside Radiant Cross.

[[Roleplay]] my point precisely. I wish I'd be able to roleplay in that direction, eventually.
Because joining Ebony Gauntlet and befriending the Noldors feels kinda schyzophrenic. :party:

It's very one-dimensional to label the Ebony Gauntlet and the Eventide straight-up evil. To the Ebony Gauntlet, they're protecting human settlements from the Elves. The things that the Eventide has done and hasn't done are equal to the Dawn in that regard, and if you're going to call the Eventide evil you'll also need to call the Dawn evil. From the omniscient view of the players, the Ebony Gauntlet is performing an action that could be seen as contrary to the goal of your character, but that doesn't make them bad guys. They don't have the burden of prophecy, they don't understand the role the Elves have to play in the defeat of Azi Dahaka, etc, etc, but like it or not, beyond any roleplaying, your character is ultimately the instrument of fulfilling a prophecy. Your character is not evil because they can't be evil because as the instrument of the prophecy you have a mission to fulfill. If you tried to exterminate the remaining Noldor you'd effectively doom the world, which is not the purpose of the Hero of Madigan.

About eventide, I would suggest you drop 20 honors instead of require -20 honor to create them :grin: more friendly to players at least.

As Evvv said even eventide is not pure evil, there are still knights like Jorcelin join the order to revenge knights of Dawn, and in Dawn there are true honor knights like Roland, so it’s problem-less for player to join any orders, as long as he will be the grandmaster to lead the order at last.

I'd like to suggest adding a Chinese-styled invading army as a minor faction. it would add some interesting variety to the invading factions, and a chance to get and unlock some very exotic gear for yourself and your CKO, and given the Chinese' affection for gunpowder back then, i would even suggest they may get a variation of the arquebus.

In the next version of PoP, could we have an option of actually being a citizen of Pendor.  I'd like the option at the very start of Character creation, to say where you where born ( The town of Ethos, the village of Fenbray...etc)

You would then start with a bonus in relations with that town/village & corresponding faction.  Depending on the rest of your character choices ( Father was a git/ a Knight/ a respected merchant, You trained as a physician, or "hey guys! guess what...I'm actually your King" :razz: ) this value would go up or down.

sher said:
Is it impossible with sensible weapons? You don't make high priced ugly jewelry when you can make decent things (there is no point at all in making bad bastard sword - it's a professional weapon when you need longer hilt for longer/heavier blade and no one will buy failed version), you don't bring lumberjack axe to a fight unless you are lumberjack and don't have anything else. Certainly, it runs even with such strange weapons around since they're already there and autoresolve score can be of any value regardless of actual equipment but what's the point in leaving unreasonable (bad weapon is not a problem) weapons? Player can get rid of them with tweaking easily and have perfectly fine game.

Personally I left this "bastard" sword in place but only because it's in use by many troops and I'm kinda lazy to document changes but it can be replaced by normal weapons in like 15 minutes and you won't notice anything except for nonsensical weapon gone (it has very generic model like any regular sword so no one will miss it). Crappy Axe is reasonable - it's bad but it's not a combat weapon and suitable for peasants, thugs and similar people.

BTW, in case you don't know - bastard sword primary mode is 2H. It's just _not impossible_ to use it with one hand (as with proper 2H sword) but it's certainly not how it should be used. While in mod such weapons are used mostly with shields.
This brings to mind a tweak that I feel is needed: a category for 1.5H weapons. You can tell your companions to equip a 2H or a 1H but not a 1.5H. I like to do so as a backup in case the shield breaks, but having something that's still usable with a shield. For example having a battle hammer for when I need "use blunt weapons" or a relatively fast, long and powerful 1.5H Noldor sword. That thing got reach, and on top of a horse that can be more helpful than lightning quick strikes.

Also, additional orders would do wonders:

1. "Archers, join infantry once your ammo is depleted!" (and the reverse of course)
2. "Archers/Infantry/Cavalry/Cav. Archers/etc/everyone do as the Marshall says" (and the reverse of course)

Additionally, I would love a toggle that would allow the player to continue playing as one of his own troops after being taken out. Would make the yawnfest huge battles TONS more interesting.

AFAIK you can only tell troops to use blunt or any weapon - no any other options so such advanced micromanagement is more for original developers to add than for modders. It wouldn't hurt to have more options but... I'd say "use shields if you have any" would be useful.

Could we get more choosable battlefield size variations in the mod options please? The "240x240m", "550x550m" and "840x840m" options are spreaded out a little too much imo. How about increments of 100x100 starting from 240x240 and ending up at 840x840? Along with the "adaptive" option, that would be 8 options in total. Seems totally enough to me. Thanks in advance!

P.S.: And speaking of this, I just noticed that the in-game option says "830x830m" (found in quick_strings.txt), whereas the actual size is 840x840m according to scenes.txt. Could this small thing be corrected? Thanks!

Nicodemus. said:
Horrux said:
playing as one of his own troops after being taken out
this has been rejected 38 times (approximate value)
I would love to understand why. It would be a toggle, you could enable and disable it, play it the way you want to. Maybe lose the ability to give new orders once you play as a soldier?

Horrux said:
Nicodemus. said:
Horrux said:
I would love to understand why. It would be a toggle, you could enable and disable it, play it the way you want to. Maybe lose the ability to give new orders once you play as a soldier?
I think these are the 2 main reasons why this idea didn't make it to PoP ever:
- Bodysliding reduces the immersion: the whole point of the mod is that you're roleplaying as the character you've created. You're the hero of Madigan who has the potential to fulfill the prophecy. And not that Empire Legionnaire or Sir Jocelyn.
- This would make less important to play carefully with your main character in order to be able to deal more damage to the enemy side or to command more effectively for longer. PoP is meant to be a challenging mod that does not fogive mistakes.

Also, companions would be much easier to level up if you would be allowed to play as one instead of a regular troop. Which could be abused for CKO training for instance. And bodysliding into regular troops could also be abused for having an easier time if you would keep only elite troops in your party (and drop the rest to a garrison), such as Hero Adventurers.

Horrux said:
Nicodemus. said:
Horrux said:

It is not an easy task. There are some mods that have this ability but the casualties counting is bugged. The module system doesn't have all needed operands. Meaning you need to do a lot of researching to know how to bypass this.

On top of technical limitations and bugs and whatnot, PoP doesn't strive to be an all-encompassing amalgam of various OSPs. Plus, devs have a vision for their mod, and that tends to come before anything else, creatively speaking.

Gorvex said:
Horrux said:
Nicodemus. said:
Horrux said:
I think these are the 2 main reasons why this idea didn't make it to PoP ever:
- Bodysliding reduces the immersion: the whole point of the mod is that you're roleplaying as the character you've created. You're the hero of Madigan who has the potential to fulfill the prophecy. And not that Empire Legionnaire or Sir Jocelyn.
- This would make less important to play carefully with your main character in order to be able to deal more damage to the enemy side or to command more effectively for longer. PoP is meant to be a challenging mod that does not fogive mistakes.

Also, companions would be much easier to level up if you would be allowed to play as one instead of a regular troop. Which could be abused for CKO training for instance. And bodysliding into regular troops could also be abused for having an easier time if you would keep only elite troops in your party (and drop the rest to a garrison), such as Hero Adventurers.
Points taken, thank you for clarifying that.

I don't know about you, but in my opinion the Vanskerries are crying to get a unique spawn. The leader should be named either Jarl Haggar Three Fingers or Queen Agnus. With lots of Vanskerry Jarls and Queen Agnus Freebooters :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom