Discussion, complaints, and everything else you wanted said put here:

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders said:
Tuidjy said:
gsanders said:
Tuidjy said:
It looks much better than what I remember from the Eighties.  Either it is new work, or Bulgaria (Serbia? Russia?) is seriously renovating its religious heritage.
  This was monastery gugoshtin about an hour outside Sofia.  Its recently renovated
I've never heard of it, and religious matters were my 'specialty' back in the days... not in a nice way.  Either they have changed the name, or I am having trouble with the transcription. 

Guiguinski?  Godechki?  Glojdenski?  It looks too impressive to be a new one.  Or maybe they copied the artwork from one of the more famous ones?  Gugoshtin (Гугощин) sounds like a very good name for a monastery, but I can't find anything about it.
Sorry, my spelling from memory was bad.  It's HERE:
Yeah, Гигински (Guiguinski)  That was my first guess.  They have DEFINITELY renovated.

Quick progress update v158:

added player camps and better elvish females. 
  The second is thanks to Marshall_157 and Burspa of Warsword Conquest team; they're genius, I can't even draw a pension, let alone art.
5uY4Q.jpg

EDIT: Friday 24 Aug 18:
Just when I thought I was ahead of things I realized first drow females were missing faces (solved this morning), next human females have scrunched up faces.
  Solved, and dwarf females solved.
I'll get it right eventually, next to see if I can randomize a few faces so females don't all look more or less the same...

EDIT: Sunday 26 Aug 18:
  faces are good but now hairs for human males need adjusts.
  Besides that there needs to be a cleanup of beached player ships left behind when choosing to "signal your ship to take you to sea" instead of going back to your beached ship.  The current cleanup leaves one wrecked ship on shore but gives you a different ship again.
  There needs to be integration of all the new things that could be built in villages and towns still.
  I have other things on my schedule plus today is my last open day for modding so don't nag me for stuff right now.

quick note I put up v156 B7 patch as a downgrade for people having problems with quests in b8 and later.
see:  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/edit/?step=files&id=6194

I think Warsword Conquest will be finished with my interaction by the end of the week.  Although it probably looks like divorce court, I think they'll have a working diplomacy in two days if they wish it.  I did post exactly what to change to overcome the problems seen.  I don't know how that impacts my time; I expect to stay busy at my new job, which I can't discuss here. 

The only value in mentioning either topic is how either impacts my time here for scheduling the next update.  It also impacts my ability to use the new elf faces, as those are property of other parties, and if they arent satisfied with what i traded for them, I lose access.  So we'll see how it ends.  In any case, I think since its almost end of month for August, either mod will pop a new version sometime in September.  That could be any time next month, but instead of guessing it simply remains to be seen.  In general, any other mod but this one has fresher graphics and "fancier new stuff"* tm,  but this has more magic cast concurrently.  I'm fond of sea travel right now but could use a new map to put it to better use. I reckon all that will come to pass with time.

Ok so. Love the mod: Phantasy. For the longest time I played only the original version with few or no updates (where the Drow and elves spoke like they were condescending all the time and their faces took a short pause to load before each battle, and the tourneys gave out copious amounts of gold to buy a variety of magic items from the 4ways inn that changed every time you spoke to the Drow guy with the Tier 5 Bag of Holding).

So what If I wanted just: The new skins/animations/terrain for troops/battle-maps, Updated magic, New weapons/armor/horses new heroes (including Spouse Heroes if possible but optional), the option to start as a lord, and having the factions fight against each other more (some of the original phantasy version factions just had tons of Tourneys and hardly ever declared war (except the orcs)); But keeping: Tourneys, weddings (basically features that are in vanilla) Plus everything that is in diplomacy; but still have accurate overland map speeds where I could zip across that map at 12 or 14 speed if I was alone. Instead of being slow as a graphics error? (Most importantly and essentially: I have the need for speed)

But If I did not want or necessarily need if optional: Rigale mod that has to do with guilds. Craftng and exploring. Or rather how would I get rid of regale entirely (as in not just disabling it or making it passive which doesn't seem to improve overland land speed graphics for me at the current version I have)

Everything else that was added is optional and can go if it interferes with the mod version and patch that I'm looking for.

How would I do this? Which mod and patches exactly would that be exactly?

The reason I ask this is that I have seen a few sacrifices in this mod. Which I can understand I guess. But some of the features them seem added after the fact and also sacrifice things that made Phantasy Mount and Blade: Mount and blade. My suggestion is in fact to take a look at the original version of the mod (which was just called Phantasy) and see how you got to point A to where it is now. But that's up to you because: 

A. It is your mod.
B. I should not even give advice as I am not a mod creator or code slinger so I have little grasp of mod standards.
C. I might have not seen all the features the current Phantasy mod has to offer yet as I have only played it a little (1.56)
D. Perhaps I am still confused on which mod version is the most stable mod.
E. There are probably to many posts that I have not read yet or cannot find in this forum that might explain this.

Sir_Nevermind said:
Ok so. Love the mod: Phantasy. For the longest time I played only the original version [with features changing every week but the list given could be anything between Christmas 2017 and Easter 2019]...

So what If I wanted just: The new skins/animations/terrain for troops/battle-maps, Updated magic, New weapons/armor/horses new heroes (including Spouse Heroes if possible but optional), the option to start as a lord, and having the factions fight against each other more (some of the original phantasy version factions just had tons of Tourneys and hardly ever declared war (except the orcs)); But keeping: Tourneys, weddings (basically features that are in vanilla) Plus everything that is in diplomacy; but still have accurate overland map speeds where I could zip across that map at 12 or 14 speed if I was alone. Instead of being slow as a graphics error? (Most importantly and essentially: I have the need for speed)

But If I did not want or necessarily need if optional: Rigale mod that has to do with guilds. Craftng and exploring. Or rather how would I get rid of regale entirely (as in not just disabling it or making it passive which doesn't seem to improve overland land speed graphics for me at the current version I have)

Everything else that was added is optional and can go if it interferes with the mod version and patch that I'm looking for.
  This long list is why I should not release an early v158.  Some of these are already addressed but I go from having around 50 modding hours per week to now around 5.  I'm not exaggerating.

Sir_Nevermind said:
A. It is your mod.
B. I should not even give advice as I am not a mod creator or code slinger so I have little grasp of mod standards.
C. I might have not seen all the features the current Phantasy mod has to offer yet as I have only played it a little (1.56)
D. Perhaps I am still confused on which mod version is the most stable mod.
E. There are probably to many posts that I have not read yet or cannot find in this forum that might explain this.
    Yeah.  But you also forgot that since end of May all my modding time went to Warsword Conquest.  Every time I think I'm done there I have just one more task added that needs a fix.  I do however think what I sent is finally working as intended, and I havent been presented any new reports of something I did to stop their release.  Along the way some improvements were made, by both parties, to the common code which improves this mod as well.  I just no longer have time to babysit either mod, fortunately or not.  Before I had the luxury of endless time but no money and no job security; once my parent's estate was spent I need a real job.  I jhave that, and now I really dont have time for mods.  This is something I don't think the community appreciates - of COURSE he'll mod every day same as he always did.  Why wouldn't he? (speaking of myself). 

If I have time, I'll try to do something.  But the pace will be 1/10th, at best, what it used to be. 

So I started working on some kind of fix for the lords not returning after being defeated in battle;
  I got parts of it working but not to my satisfaction, yet.

I had a one-time rewind of all the knights and kings (and companions) that might be currently set to faction outlaws or commoners back to their original factions if they weren't already in the player's party.  This was intended to fix side effects from earlier patches, run once only, then excuse itself from running again.  Probably this "mostly" works, but will fail if a player started as king then lost their kingdom.

I had heroes that could not be spawned at their own faction looking for a faction compatible with their skin type and changing faction to that new compatible faction then respawning.  This gave me some drow kingdom ladies returning to drow capital as faction mages, so I'd like time to work on finding out why.

My test case also had a female player marrying a drow kingdom lady, and parts of that worked with parts complaining, specifically afterwards all the drow kingdom ladies behaved in dialogs as kingdom knights and I was no longer able to ask my wife to join my party, but she did respond with menus suggesting she was minister of my faction (except I was a vassal of the drow still).

My test case had a missing in action drow matriarch and I still have not found her, so I'll have to put a bunch of debug statements to dump her status.

----
  So, some progress was made but not enough to release patch b12.  No, I don;t have time to work on tournaments, change player kingdom name, or the other hundred items various people expect.  I'd like the right to work on the mod at my pace and choose my own focus items.  You of course have rights too -- including the right to camp your character  and wait however long it needs for the mod to get into a state that is satisfactory to you.  I'm happy whether the result is 2 users or 22 -- I get paid the same.  I'm guessing its like 20 people, but I could be off.

Don't know if this would be useful in light of the work you've already done, but it seems one case where lords are not respawning is if you defeat them in battle and let them go.  Also if it would streamline/make the process easier for you, I'd be happy to help test some fix attempts at this or other issues.  In any case, thanks for all the work you put into this!

The mod is fun and all, but I think I'm missing a few things. I installed the Phantasy v156 full B8b version and the patch v156b11 patch. Am I supposed to get anything else?

I can't go into any tournaments. I go to town activities and there's no option to join one.

Also, I'm I get some "Unable to find mesh" messages for some of the high tier units.

It says I'm missing:

why_swadia_cav
why_kok_helmet
why_kok_armor
why_punisher_bucket
why_punisher_armor
paladin_armor
why_lion_helmet
why_lion_armor

What do I do about this? Am I missing a patch or something?

@milanchan
  sounds like you did not get the resources updated in patch B11, or perhaps the patch wasn't applied correctly.  There should be a module.ini update with that also, to load whykok's changed resources.

I personally use v158 A2 now, which you have to splice together from NexusMods base plus a patch here.
    I just don't have time any more to babysit mods; if I did I'd have done something more at Warsword Conquest as well.

As it stands I just got up a few minutes ago and already I have to go to work.  I work until I cant function, then come home, then do it again, even on weekends.  At the pay is steady.  There's nothing left for free game development.

It's been almost a year and I wanted to put this where it can be found:

I give Guspav the right to use any *code* I've included in this project however *he* feels like - be it OSP, extensions to his own coding, or handed to one or more replacement coders.  Before anyone could consider this project OSP or available for their own use, they must first find Guspav and get him to agree to their working on this or any derivative.  The art looks to not be capable of being declared OSP -- there are many sources for the artwork, far more so than the code.

There are and were many concepts crafted into the code used in the last year,  and if I had time much could have been done with it. 
  If I weren't busy at a real job I'd be the first to want to continue working on it.  But there is no reason to hold up this project for one person.  I don't expect to realistically have time to code for at least 4 years, until I have a legitimate pension.  Four years is a very long time for gaming.  To be direct, I'd be better off writing for a console environment, using a platform that is indie developer friendly, and didn't have so many rules against a 99 cent distribution.  Since I can't draw, probably I'll never make anything real.  But at least I made something different, here, using the baby tools provided by Taleworlds.  For first time builders, the toolset for Mount & Blade Warband is the best or one of the best "games with training wheels" environments imaginable.  The huge amount of artwork for strictly amatuer use is enviable.  The instant anyone wants even 10 cents for a mod, it all goes to crud.  You can only make a mod if you are unemployed and have the finances to stay that way for some years.  Anyone else has to change environments, and THAT killed mods, far more than a non-Bannerlord launch.

If you or someone you know happen to have a few tens of thousands of dollars in savings that you can burn while you pursue a thankless hobby, some of the code used here is one of a kind.  But if all you were hoping to make is yet another Necromancer project, I sure hope you run out of money soon.  I'd be far happier if you came to make paladins great again, although that sounds kind of cheesy.  Or wanted to make magic differently, or do something unexpected, perhaps even one thing you didnt cut and paste from here.  Those are the devs that deserve access to code.  Maybe one line in 20 (of my code) has value to them and the rest is trash. 

This isnt saying you need to blow thousands of hours to get value from some scripts.  But it took that long to make them.  During which, someone had to pay bills.  Per se, the code is worthless.  But I think people under-estimate how much effort it takes to make a mod that really isnt close to native.  That said, you might need a man month to wrap your head around it and a few weeks more to make fixes that don't need more fixes.  I always felt short of time so I didnt put any time into anything "normal" - quests, tournaments, anything normal, felt like I was wasting time I didnt have.  Everything went into the stuff that you COULD NOT "cut & paste".  Of that, I reckon it needed another 10 weeks of my time (at 50 hours per week pace, the pace I put a year and a half into - starting BEFORE I worked on this mod/submod), but I wont quit my job to find another mythical 500 man hours.  I have 0 hours per week energy left in me, and a day job that I couldn't get again.  In 15 years in this country, I've only had 2 job offers.  I'm not throwing away my second offer.  Maybe you find work easier, and can pay rent/food/ second hand clothes/electricity from say weekend work so you can do the same pace I did.  In which case, this mod is a one summer fixer upper.  IF Guspav agrees.  You have to bother to ask him.  It may take months.  He might write you back the next day.  You have to ASK.

At least I found a real job - or it found me.
  Hopefully you'll each find your calling as well.

- GS

Thanks for all the blood, sweat & tears you have put into this thing  :smile:

Whatever happens to the mod, I hope in a few months/years you get time to enjoy a play through yourself as a player not a dev  :wink:

I'm sorry but could you please change the feature where you have to be Undead when you choose Necromancer. I really want to be able to choose any race i want for any class, or at least make it so i have to choose the "evil" races (like Drow, Orcs, Undead, and Humans). Thank you for your hard work but this is the one feature I don't like. 

Quady said:
I'm sorry but could you please change the feature where you have to be Undead when you choose Necromancer. I really want to be able to choose any race i want for any class, or at least make it so i have to choose the "evil" races (like Drow, Orcs, Undead, and Humans). Thank you for your hard work but this is the one feature I don't like.

This won't happen. Gsanders was very ambivalent about having Necromancy at all. He left it in because it was in the original mod but wouldn't change anything, except to make Necromancy more restrictive. It was his design choice, and hotly debated way back when. He won't budge. It's his right.
Since about August, he's been so busy at a new job, I doubt he's even had time to look at the forums.
My advice is to just accept it. It will not change.

Back
Top Bottom