BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[Discussion] Class Limits

Users who are viewing this thread

hoonii

Knight
I have absolutely 0 confidence in ability of TW devs to fix this current **** show if we lifted the limits.
Why can't we just make a ladder tournament under developers watch without class limits?
Lifting class limits just gonna make more clans drop from the game imo.

TheCrusader5

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
My take on this situation is that even if the classes were balanced so that you could run 6 cav and be countered by 6 inf or some combination. I feel like those games would be alot less fun to play. I feel like 3-1-2 or 4-0-2 are the most fun compositions with the current amount of players, because there is a healthy inf fight (if 2h were nerfed) and still some heavy impact from the non inf classes. If the game became a 1-0-5 or a 2-0-4 or even a 0-3-3 I would be less interested not just from a balance perspective but also from what I enjoy from the game.

Edit: I would also hate a 6-0-0 composition, because those matches would be way to static

TheBard ✂

Salt Knight
Master Knight
I've played in this scene, I know how people are. You tell a pickup there's no limits I can almost guarantee the team that ended up with less cav just gave up. I'm pretty sure 6 cav isn't the strongest build on Echerion - 3 cav 3 inf likely is superior if they play smart.
You guess what, I also played in this scene. I played actually lots of pickups so I'm aware of the flaws these dudes have.
Spears are still flawed and even bounce on full speed cav sometimes despite having 100% dmg bonus. Cav still have all the control over the engagement and spears are only a counter in that they punish cav mistakes - a good cav doesn't make that mistake. This is why it's a mistake to think of cav counters instead of focusing on changing cav itself.
Just saying, this is a step in the right direction and it improved the gameplay a lot. I prefer this massively over throwing blindly projectiles at cav.

Varian♛

Squire
WBNW
My take on this situation is that even if the classes were balanced so that you could run 6 cav and be countered by 6 inf or some combination. I feel like those games would be alot less fun to play. I feel like 3-1-2 or 4-0-2 are the most fun compositions with the current amount of players, because there is a healthy inf fight (if 2h were nerfed) and still some heavy impact from the non inf classes. If the game became a 1-0-5 or a 2-0-4 or even a 0-3-3 I would be less interested not just from a balance perspective but also from what I enjoy from the game.

Edit: I would also hate a 6-0-0 composition, because those matches would be way to static
But these are only assumptions, or have you already tested no limits in a competitive manner?

TheCrusader5

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
But these are only assumptions, or have you already tested no limits in a competitive manner?
I am speaking on a preference that I enjoy fighting in those compositions more regardless of the balance. So if each composition was all equal in terms of balance I would prefer a 3-1-2 because it offers more engaging gameplay

Top Bottom