[Discussion Area]Castle projects

Would such an approach be interesting?

• No, other suggestion(link or explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Just throwing out a thought:

I think it´s hard to dynamically add new fiefs during the game. This for balance. But... How about "demote" several current castles to "building" projects and/or create a few fixed building-sites? They are just some kind of building-place/village hybrid until it´s owner - The ruler - finalize the project and hand it out to someone. The connected villages are there but is very poor and lacks notables due to it´s too dangerous to own anything of value out there.

Right now I´m not boxing it as a full out suggestion, want to take some feedback on the foundation first and how to extend it :smile:

I was just going to post a thread in the suggestions forums about this. I am currently role playing a Templar faction and I don't want to join any kingdom, but to create my own instead. The problem with that approach is that I am too weak, and even if I manage to take a castle, I will have wrath of the whole kingdom upon me.

My suggestion was to add one built site for every faction in the game, which can be used by players to build their own first castle and start a faction without pissing anyone off. It would make for a fun long term goal - gathering lots and lots of hardwood, clay, iron. But at least it would be something with visible progress and clear end. Much better than the current mid-game limbo of hunting bandits. It would also be a great goal for players that role play traders, statesmen and nobles, whose characters are not built for conquest in the first place.

Finished castle would be pre-designed by the developers, so no need to spend too much time into making movable parts that we can customize. It would be great of course, but it can wait for when there is more time for that.

I was just going to post a thread in the suggestions forums about this. I am currently role playing a Templar faction and I don't want to join any kingdom, but to create my own instead. The problem with that approach is that I am too weak, and even if I manage to take a castle, I will have wrath of the whole kingdom upon me.
A simple solution to this is to let a city revolt and take it from the rebels. You are now the owner of a city/castle but you are not regarded as kingdom by anyone else (no wars, etc.). If you start your kingdom now you will start in peace but I suppose the difference in balance of power will quickly catch up with you unless you have the money and troops to start recruiting and defending your fief
Just throwing out a thought:

I think it´s hard to dynamically add new fiefs during the game. This for balance. But... How about "demote" several current castles to "building" projects and/or create a few fixed building-sites? They are just some kind of building-place/village hybrid until it´s owner - The ruler - finalize the project and hand it out to someone. The connected villages are there but is very poor and lacks notables due to it´s too dangerous to own anything of value out there.

Right now I´m not boxing it as a full out suggestion, want to take some feedback on the foundation first and how to extend it :smile:
That is an interesting take but I am not sure creating more cities (why make a castle in the current game) is good. If the mechanics change then this could give a good "dynamic" feel on the campaign map, at least for a while.

i remember the viking conquest DLC, that secret lair that
you were able to create, have blacksmiths in it, storing your troops,
and generally speaking with NPC's really skyrocketed
immersion.

Back
Top Bottom