Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Discussion about finale

Users who are viewing this thread

Mazewind

Sergeant at Arms
Hello to all,

It is now a question of deciding on the format of the final. Currently, we are hesitating between two formats:

1) An evening during which the quarter-finals, the semi-finals and the final are linked

2) 3 consecutive weeks to play these three games

I let the different team captains give me their opinion and maybe propose another solution

Best regards

6 teams to play quarter finals?

Will it look like this:

QF1: 3rd vs 6th
QF2: 4th vs 5th

SF1: 1st vs winner of QF2
SF2: 2nd vs winner of QF1

Also, no bronze final?

I think teams can handle 3 matches in a row. Lasts like close to a normal skirmish match. Problem will be server space, if we can'y have 3 servers, I want it not to be the same evening.

6 teams to play quarter finals?

Will it look like this:

QF1: 3rd vs 6th
QF2: 4th vs 5th

SF1: 1st vs winner of QF2
SF2: 2nd vs winner of QF1

Also, no bronze final?

I think teams can handle 3 matches in a row. Lasts like close to a normal skirmish match. Problem will be server space, if we can'y have 3 servers, I want it not to be the same evening.
Hello,

Thank you for answering the thread. Here is the bracket for the matches, i apologize for not posting it earlier :
Untitled_Bracket.png

As you can see, there is a maximum of 2 matches at the same time. Maybe we can have a 2nd server for the finale if we do all the matches in a row.

I would love to have opinions from all the clan captain also so do not hesitate to show yourselves.

If we get 2 servers, I am in favor of doing it in one go

Edit: I feel like groupwinner bracket should face 4th/5th and not 3rd/5th

Last edited:
Pretty sure in a seeded 6 team single elimination bracket, the 4th and 5th seeded teams are on the 1st seeded team's side of the bracket.

Else you run into the sitatuion where (assuming higher seed wins in QF) 3rd seed faces 1st team and 2nd team faces 4th team. Which would not reward getting first in group stage.

Pretty sure in a seeded 6 team single elimination bracket, the 4th and 5th seeded teams are on the 1st seeded team's side of the bracket.

Else you run into the sitatuion where (assuming higher seed wins in QF) 3rd seed faces 1st team and 2nd team faces 4th team. Which would not reward getting first in group stage.
unknown.png

You mean like this ?

I do agree with your point so let's do it this way

And what is the problem if the 3rd place will play with the 5th, and the 4th place with the 6th, so there will be a chance for the team that took 6th place. Otherwise 3rd place is just 2-3 heads higher than 6th place. While the 4th place will play with the 5th or the 4th will play with the 6th there is no difference!
But the games on the same day is not right, better if the teams should play from Monday to Sunday 2 matches and the next week the other 2 matches for 1st place and 3rd place

Last edited:
And what is the problem if the 3rd place will play with the 5th, and the 4th place with the 6th, so there will be a chance for the team that took 6th place. Otherwise 3rd place is just 2-3 heads higher than 6th place. While the 4th place will play with the 5th or the 4th will play with the 6th there is no difference!
But the games on the same day is not right, better if the teams should play from Monday to Sunday 2 matches and the next week the other 2 matches for 1st place and 3rd place
The system is meant to reward doing well in group stage and make the finals the most even and high skill. We could have the situation where placing 4th gives an easier opponent than if you finished 3rd.

If we wanted fair fights, we should let number 1 and 2 be in the same bracket then, since they are the closest in skill..

How do you even reason that out? So that the people in 1st and 2nd place would be in the same grid? There is no such thing in any championship in the grids. Why do you have to sweat and beat everyone, take the top 1 and top 2, then 1 of you is out and take 6th place? Where is the logic in that?? With 6 teams, the top two have the advantage so they are already sitting and waiting for an opponent higher up the grid
We shouldn't be discussing this at all.
The problem here is more with the teams that finished in last place. So that the 6th place does not fall to the 3rd is enough to make 3 with 5 4 with 6 and it would be fair! And most likely by the logic of past matches, 3rd place will go up against 2nd place, and 4th place against 1st, it's always been like that and we don't need to invent and make up something else. If you play hard, you will be at the top of the list and you deserve to be higher on the grid.

The changed bracket is how 6 player single elimination seeded bracket look like.

There is nothing unfair about 6th being punished for being 6th, neither is 3rd's reward for getting 3rd.

1st seed get to avoid 3rd team and get higher up in bracket

2nd seed has to (potentially) face 3rd and get higher up the bracket

3rd gets higher reward than 4th by facing 6th and face 2nd seed rather than 1st (If 3rd faced 5th and 4 faced 6th, it is arguable if 3rd really got an advantage)

4th gets to face a lower seed, but has to face 1st potentially

5th has to fight one seed higher, and has to face 1st potentially

6ht has to fight three seeds higher, but can fight 2nd if they advance (the latter boon is hard to get rid of)

Seems perfectly fine to reward teams for taking group stage serious, which can be a common problem in other sports. Teams/players do okay first rounds and go auto pilot last few rounds, because their spot in knockouts are secured and no point in struggeling (In their mind) for better seeds. There should be good benefits for clearing the cut off for going into KO with high margins.

(I am not in favor of letting 1st and 2nd be on same bracket side.)

Back
Top Bottom