Discussion about cavalry balance and knock downs

Users who are viewing this thread

Another angle is to make spears even better in inf fights (yeah yeah, I heard about the spear spam meta). In my limited spearman experience spears are pretty okay in the main fight against cav, you just have to avoid getting spammed by enemy inf.

Balancing cav is not a mystery: slow down their top speed, slow down their acceleration, and make them less able to push people around so that they can actually get stuck.
+1
In Warband MP, Cav was strong but the top speed and accel were slower (unless I'm mistaken?). I think that created better Cav vs Inf balance, and increased the skill requirement for Cav players because a mistake was more punishable. Just a tiny reduction in Acceleration would do the trick to be honest

+1
In Warband MP, Cav was strong but the top speed and accel were slower (unless I'm mistaken?). I think that created better Cav vs Inf balance, and increased the skill requirement for Cav players because a mistake was more punishable. Just a tiny reduction in Acceleration would do the trick to be honest
I actually think that cavalry vs inf balance was worse in Warband.

It wasn't, bumps were very strong (OP) but cav overall were much easier to punish - think of cav rearing other cav, cav getting stuck on friendlies or enemy inf if they can't build speed, more reliable rearing, more likely to get reared hitting walls and objects, less bouncing off of horses with melee, able to cleave through horse into rider. etc

It wasn't, bumps were very strong (OP) but cav overall were much easier to punish - think of cav rearing other cav, cav getting stuck on friendlies or enemy inf if they can't build speed, more reliable rearing, more likely to get reared hitting walls and objects, less bouncing off of horses with melee, able to cleave through horse into rider. etc

Hmm, I suppose you are right when it comes to punishing cavalry in a teamfight, but when it comes to just cav vs inf, the balance is imo better in BL. Also, currently (in BL), cav can’t really stay in teamfights because it can’t reliably deal damage (bumps) and acts more like an obstacle for teammates than a support since you push everyone around in the teamfight. If the teamfight is more spread out, than perhaps. I am basing all this on my scarce playtime, so I might be wrong, but Kawaii told me something similar in nature.

It just isn't true from even a cursory look at current matches. They can stay and deal damage because they can spam stabs much quicker than in WB and can easily poke around shields, dealing high damage, all cav basically start with an awlpike now. On top of that, fights frequently become more spread out due to respawns and in general faster movement/more kitey style gameplay. It's true cav have sacrificed being able to easily bump stab and maintain pressure on individual inf/archers that way, but what they've gained is stronger and we see that in their impact in games. It's just a bit more boring and cheesy so it's not as showy.

Back
Top Bottom