Disappointed about the lack of communication !

Users who are viewing this thread

I think everyone needs to take a step back and remember that the original mount and blade got made without any of your input
The original Mount&Blade practically invented as an Early Access, and was very much driven to completion by community input by 2008.
Warband was also the product of all that input, much of it during the beta.

The original Mount&Blade practically invented as an Early Access, and was very much driven to completion by community input by 2008.
This beta is nothing compared to the war band beta . 90% of the feedback from the war band beta was from single player which was already available along with multiple maps and game modes for multiplayer. You could even host your own server for chrissake. a far cry from a tiny snippet that we are working with right now. I think people just need to get real and leverage their expectations properly . The time for input will come in early access when we have a fleshed out semi full version to work with, right now I think all they need is for you to play the game so they can parse through the analytical data

This beta is nothing compared to the war band beta . 90% of the feedback from the war band beta was from single player which was already available along with multiple maps and game modes for multiplayer. You could even host your own server for chrissake. a far cry from a tiny snippet that we are working with right now. I think people just need to get real and leverage their expectations properly . The time for input will come in early access when we have a fleshed out semi full version to work with, right now I think all they need is for you to play the game so they can parse through the analytical data

They have been actively encouraging people to participate in the beta.

The problem lies when some of the decision making people at Taleworlds ignore or deny things players have been asking for. Some of the biggest examples include:

-Autorun: It has been claimed that this is not a priority to the game but the low effort of work required to implement autorun, and the impact it would have on the multiplayer is immense. Taleworlds does not realize how much of a part teamwork plays in the outcome of a game. This is honestly a major balance changer but again its just neglected.

-Pre-Made classes vs Warband classes: It has been concluded mostly by the community and proven that both systems fit their own gamemodes and have their own disadvantages and advantages and really fit for specific gamemodes. But taleworlds again decides to just plainly say "no" to something that is very controversial in the multiplayer community.

This is just my personal perspective on things so take it with a grain of salt but I think they are actually struggling with their net code right now and they really just need the hard data that you generate when you play the game to understand if the changes they made have had any affect but I could be wrong and they might have moved on from that and onto other More abstract problems like personal preference from the players which is equally as challenging

Net coding does not require all their devs. They are a fleshed out studio by now and have their team for parts of the game. You wouldn't put the people who model the characters go work on net coding.

Also there has only been one stress count for the netcoding. If they really wanted to get more data numbering 100+ players they would get it from that one stress test that was done.

But like you said i'm gona take it with a grain of salt, but i also believe they are having not issues with netcoding, not the higher playercount issues but issues with the skirmish/captain servers as they seem to really crash a lot more then a TDM server.

He is talking about Early Acces, not about the beta. In early acces singleplayer will be available aswell and open to feedback.

I dont even know if M&B was in beta but it sure was an early access title, same as bannerlord.

Maybe you are confusing EA and beta, which are 2 different things

The early access release will be just that, early access. Development still has some way to go but we are at the point now where we feel the game is ready for players to jump in and get countless hours of fun while sharing their thoughts and feedback with us. However, we don't want to hype the game up as something that it isn't, especially to a new audience that might not be familiar with our games or how we operate as a company, and as such, we would prefer to just put the game out there and let it speak for itself while we continue to work on it.
If i read between the lines, then i come to the conclusion that the game is finished as it is right now. We will only get bug fixes, balancing and some improvements but no new content. Bannerlord will stay as simple as it is. Sad.

If i read between the lines, then i come to the conclusion that the game is finished as it is right now. We will only get bug fixes, balancing and some improvements but no new content. Bannerlord will stay as simple as it is. Sad.
If i read between the line of what you are saying here, you are pulling it out of your ass.... also pretty disingenuous to quote a comment made in febuary 2 months before the ea released, making it seem like its something relevant. Also
No such inclination has been made anywhere by any developer or community staff. We're actively working on adding new content and features to the game. Spreading misinformation won't do any good to either developers watching your replies or the community members reading it.
as you were told in another thred, stop spreding misinformation.

My favourite is '' sharing their thoughts and feedback with us ''
Whats the point if they don't listen to it anyway? #NoCombatDelay since day 1 of alpha.

Back
Top Bottom