Disappointed about the lack of communication !

Users who are viewing this thread

CANT WAIT FOR THIS FORUM TO BE LITTERED WITH EVERYONES CAMPAIGN STORIES AND EXPERIENCES AND NOT CHILDREN CRYING ABOUT THEIR INABILITY TO TRIPLE DOUBLE ROTATE BACKSWING OVERHEAD CHOP!!!!!!!!!!

Malvado is ironically calling people children while he is acting like the only one :poop::poop::poop::poop:
DzyE3.jpg

But thank you @Callum for the statements. Fine if there's no blog again today, but it is getting very late to give us those details... At least it sounds like there will be no delay, so I'll hold my complaints.

Some stuff like naval combat will be DLC after full release of just stuff that won't make in early access but will be in full release?

Thank you for that clarification Callum. I understand the arguments, but you have to remember that you have a large community that has been waiting far too long for a sequel that was announced far too soon. Honestly, even if you're doing a great job ( at this date, no game is that good as M&B) communication has never been the best part of Taleworlds xD.
It's very frustrating to come so close to the EA release and see no details, no news, no media and reports being quite frequent (even for the forum...).

Anyway, these few answers and the last update were enough to allay the fears of quite a few players I think. I'll be able to sleep easy now xD

Even from a promotion perspective, TW seems to be too quiet about Bannerlord's EA. Although it is called EA, proper promotion should be carried out within less than 2 months window of release. More official videos on game mechanism intro, some articles on major media (IGN, PC Gamer, etc.), and attend some events should have all been planned and released to the gaming community. Remember TW is no longer a small player in the industry and Bannerlord is a proper AAA title (my opinion).

Oh my god, we're getting so close. I'm literally counting the hours... not sure when exactly I'm counting to but I'm counting!!!

Even from a promotion perspective, TW seems to be too quiet about Bannerlord's EA. Although it is called EA, proper promotion should be carried out within less than 2 months window of release. More official videos on game mechanism intro, some articles on major media (IGN, PC Gamer, etc.), and attend some events should have all been planned and released to the gaming community. Remember TW is no longer a small player in the industry and Bannerlord is a proper AAA title (my opinion).
Except it is not an AAA title... And Callum just said they do not want to hype up or advertise an EA

The early access release will be just that, early access. Development still has some way to go but we are at the point now where we feel the game is ready for players to jump in and get countless hours of fun while sharing their thoughts and feedback with us. However, we don't want to hype the game up as something that it isn't, especially to a new audience that might not be familiar with our games or how we operate as a company, and as such, we would prefer to just put the game out there and let it speak for itself while we continue to work on it.

As far as what i understood their goal of ea is not to profit from the game, it is to improve it. They probably will be doing ad campaign for full release tho.

If you're a company responsible for the end product you probably don't want to (over)hype the EA release, rather purely regard it as sugar for the already interested fans. No doubt they'll be changing, updating and adding a lot of things before final release and any press attention or whatever it is you are after would only portray a partial image of the end product.

I treat it as a friendly nod towards the fanbase, nothing more. The final release will come when the time comes and they'll be reserving their marketing budget and energy towards that for obvious reasons.

I think it's logical to not hype game before EA, but you should also make a clear expectation on:
-Are there hidden properties for the full game (such as main quest etc.)
-How much are you open to player feedback and your ideas behind controversial topics
-How much we should expect EA to improve. Are we gonna help to make Bannerlord or will have fun playing the game while reporting bugs and issues.

I think it's logical to not hype game before EA, but you should also make a clear expectation on:
-How much are you open to player feedback and your ideas behind controversial topics
-How much we should expect EA to improve. Are we gonna help to make Bannerlord or will have fun playing the game while reporting bugs and issues.
What do you mean with main quest? There's never really been any

There's a pretty good description of what we can expect on their Steam page.

The early access release will be just that, early access. Development still has some way to go but we are at the point now where we feel the game is ready for players to jump in and get countless hours of fun while sharing their thoughts and feedback with us.

Do you mean that not all the features discussed in dev blogs will be implemented in the EA?

Can you give us an idea of which features will be excluded?

What do you mean with main quest? There's never really been any
They've said they want a questline that is something akin to the Merchant Quest in WB, just a big longer. So i imagine it is something that is entirely optional but serves as an introduction/tutorial. I suspect it is going to be tighter related to the Empire civil war instead of being a generic thing that can happen in any starting city like in WB

They've said they want a questline that is something akin to the Merchant Quest in WB, just a big longer. So i imagine it is something that is entirely optional but serves as an introduction/tutorial. I suspect it is going to be tighter related to the Empire civil war instead of being a generic thing that can happen in any starting city like in WB
Kinda beats the idea of a sandbox open world. Guess we'll see in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom