Disabling the Word Censor Filter

Users who are viewing this thread

What the above user is trying to say, is that if someone with the word filter activated uses a filtered word, then edits the post, it shows it censored for everyone. :roll:

Not really worth fixing.

There's no practical way around it. If the user has the filter enabled, it's going to censor everything, including the contents of posts they quote or edit; in other words, the contents of the textbox with the message you're going to submit. Nature of the beast, no way for the forum to magically determine what words/characters in submitted posts were once uncensored and about something else. The forum simply receives the text you submit to it.

Of course, when the posts are originally submitted, they are stored uncensored. It's only the act of editing or quoting by somebody who has the filter in place which can throw that out the window.

Janus if you were in shag range right now, you'd be feeling it baby

Janus said:
There's no practical way around it. If the user has the filter enabled, it's going to censor everything, including the contents of posts they quote or edit; in other words, the contents of the textbox with the message you're going to submit. Nature of the beast, no way for the forum to magically determine what words/characters in submitted posts were once uncensored and about something else. The forum simply receives the text you submit to it.

Of course, when the posts are originally submitted, they are stored uncensored. It's only the act of editing or quoting by somebody who has the filter in place which can throw that out the window.

Pity.

I've seen quite a few filters starting as yours do, and ending as an overlay applied, I surmise, to a pseudo-evaluated version of the HTML, so as not to be circumventable by inserting empty tags in them.

Just mentioning. (once you give in the little finger, be prepared to lose your arm [and no, Lord Burgess1, I shall not "lighten the **** up"]).

:lol:

I don't get what the big deal is.

**** you.

Now you shall never know what I said.
tyrannicide said:
Just mentioning. (once you give in the little finger, be prepared to lose your arm[...])
Good, then you can't type.  Why don't you realize that these forums are Armagan's and he shall do as he pleases with them?  What's the worst that's gonna happen?  Armagan isn't gonna come to your house and cut out your tongue or something.

tyrannicide said:
Janus said:

Pity.

I've seen quite a few filters starting as yours do, and ending as an overlay applied, I surmise, to a pseudo-evaluated version of the HTML, so as not to be circumventable by inserting empty tags in them.

Just mentioning. (once you give in the little finger, be prepared to lose your arm [and no, Lord Burgess1, I shall not "lighten the **** up"]).

Considering that it was originally a blanket filter, and Aramgan thought the optional idea was reasonable and agreed to add it, I doubt the blanket filter will return. And you need to realize that as much as you dislike the filter, the company has good reasons for wanting one in place, and those reasons have very little to do with you. The optional filter gives them what they need, and you can turn it off and pretend like it isn't even there. There is no reason to complain.

So next impliment is when ever a recruit goes to make a thread, it flashes up with HAVE YOU TRIED USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION RATHER THAN CLUTTERING UP THE FOURM AND ANNOYING EVERYONE
?

Magorian Aximand said:
We just need to make the process of creating a thread so convoluted, confusing, and difficult that they find it easier to use the search function.

This.. this is a very good idea.

Make them take an assualt course filled with landmines, that should stop 'em

Back
Top Bottom