Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mageloard/Uamadan - any chance someone can take a look and see how one would adjust the value for TEATRC?  Using Uamadan's suggestion I found what I believe to be the correct value in scripts.txt and edited it, but I was hoping to adjust the training ground txt portion (by incrementing the first number then adding the new value in just like I did in native) but this didn't work.

TheMageLord said:
By request of Wraithcat, I looked into a way to disable companion interaction. It turned out to be much simpler than I thought it would be - there is a built in toggle to disable it, but the option to disable it wasn't added in. It's actually there in the .960 module system, but commented out - and doesn't exist in the 1.003 text files. The value is initially assigned as 0 in game_start, though, which is what I'll be editing here (so it would require a new game, unlike the other tweaks).

I won't copy the whole script on this one, since it's ridiculously large, but heres the line of code you need to search for:
2133 2 144115188075856295 0
144115188075856295 is the actual thing being assigned here, and 0 is what it is being assigned to. Normally this is to get the variable ready to be set elsewhere, but we can just set it here and save the hassle. Change the 0 to a 1, and presto - the next time you start a game, companions will no longer interact (no complaints or compliments).

You COULD work it into a game in progress if you really wanted to, but you would have to add the line of code somewhere. I won't cover that here, but basically you'd just pick a script that will be triggered and add in the 2133 2 144115188075856295 1 thing to the end or beginning of it. Then you add 1 to first number in the script (which is the # of lines in that script, it needs to add 1 because you're actually adding in an extra line of code). You could remove it after you know that the script has been triggered - it stays once set.

Hi, sorry to be a bother, but i was wondering if i could get some help with this, cant find any note about this in the thread (if i missed it, sorry  :oops:)

The reason i post is that in the scripts.txt file you edit for this mod, im to look for "2133 2 144115188075856295 0" and change the 0 to a 1.  However, in my text file the 0 is actually a -1 to start with.  Ive tried changing this to 1, but the companions still ***** about each other and leave.  Im running ver. 1.011 of the game btw.

Am i missing something or does this mod not work for the more recent ver. of the game?

Cheers for any assit.

Even after following the instructions of the OP and uamadman, the companions still complain about each other. They don't seem to do it after battles now, but they'll just complain after resting.

I'm using 1.011 and playing the mod Lords and Realms. Help, please... I can't stand their whining anymore -_-"...

I just installed another fix which gives you the dialogue option: "We hang deserters in this company!" You say that whenever they're going to leave, then they stay. They'll ask about leaving again later on, though. Haven't seen any negative effects on morale.

Will I be all right with just this? And will your fix work OK with it?

Thanks very much for the help :smile:.

Wraithcat said:
Absolutely outstanding Magelord!! And damned quick as well!  :cool:

You and your scripting have totally changed the game for me

I second, "Lord of the Scripts"!  :grin:

He's more like the Lord of Awesomeness, I like that better.

Hi guys !

I've tried this with the mod "Europe 1200", but it doesn't seems to work. I can find no "2133 2 144115188075856295" in the "game_start -1" section, only in " update_order_panel_checked_classes -1". I've changed it, but doesn't seems to have any changes.

I've also tried the 164 stuff, but it didn't word either.

could anyone help me sort that out ?

Does anyone know if this works with 1.011? I've tried this over and over again with no success, any help would be appreciated.

jerminel said:
Hi guys !

I've tried this with the mod "Europe 1200", but it doesn't seems to work. I can find no "2133 2 144115188075856295" in the "game_start -1" section, only in " update_order_panel_checked_classes -1". I've changed it, but doesn't seems to have any changes.

I've also tried the 164 stuff, but it didn't word either.

could anyone help me sort that out ?

The number in blue changes from mod to mod, even from version to version. TheMageLord's tweak is for the Native 1.x and probably won't work for other mods. Though it's probably a similar number in your mod but you have to find it first. Look for all the similar numbers in the line after "game_start -1" which follow a 2133 2 pattern and try them.

Methias1013 said:
Does anyone know if this works with 1.011? I've tried this over and over again with no success, any help would be appreciated.

It works, but to make it work you have to start a new game.

Kinlar, any chance you can copy/paste your section of script for this or send me your script file? Even with a new game it still doesn't work. Thanks for the help.

Methias1013 said:
Kinlar, any chance you can copy/paste your section of script for this or send me your script file? Even with a new game it still doesn't work. Thanks for the help.

I can't post the entire line since it's too long, but it's not rocket science, it's really simple, but I understand that certain text editors might have problems handling a line this long so I suggest you use Notepad++.

Here's what you should look for in that line for Native 1.010

game_start -1
...1 5 507 3 288230376151711827 1 4 1 1 936748722493063469 2133 2 144115188075856296 0 507 3 288230376151711804 4 9 507 3...

and then change 0 to 1 like this 2133 2 144115188075856296 1

If you have 1.011 installed then look for this instead on the same line

2133 2 144115188075856295 0

and change it to this

2133 2 144115188075856295 1

BTW, I can upload my scripts.txt for 1.010 somewhere if you still want it. I don't have 1.011 installed.

Excuse me, Sir, thanks for the tweak, but what if after "2133 2 144115188075856295" i found a "200 500" instead of the "0" you say should've been there?

I'm tryin' to disable party interaction in Fire Arrow mod.

thanks

I add to my last post: i got now that 2133 is a trigger, 2 is a state, and the big number is "bothering".

So, i opened scripts.txt and wrote "2133 2 blablabla 1" after the first command line, "game start -1"

I added correctly the +1 to the command lines counter, and put the string there

Still nothing.

Those idiotic companions are ruining thiss gameeeeee

Welcome,
I'm reading this thread from some time, I've tried many of the solution given on this forum and I still cannot disable companions complains. Reading some post of the other forum members i assume I'm not the only one who had this problem. I've tried for Native and Sword of Damocles.

Maybe there is no way to disable companions complain in general. Maybe the better thing to do is to modify the likes and dislakes table for any specified companion.

I don't remember exactly who dislikes who so it's just an example, but assume that Ymira dislike LEZALIT and ROLF.
Why don't we try to change this relation to like or neutral?

Is there anybody who know in which script or text file is this relation table coded?
There are some mods which changes the companions names and stats so maybe this is the place we should check?

General Warlord said:
does anyone know the code for sword of Damocles im trying to find it but i have problems if anyone can help me thanks.

If you are looking for the Sword of Damocles mod forum, it is right here. The mod can be downloaded through a link in one of the pinned threads in that subforum.

If you're looking for how to disable NPC interaction in Sword of Damocles, then you can try this. The mod author describes how to disable NPC interaction in a post later in the thread.

King Loras said:
General Warlord said:
does anyone know the code for sword of Damocles im trying to find it but i have problems if anyone can help me thanks.

If you are looking for the Sword of Damocles mod forum, it is right here. The mod can be downloaded through a link in one of the pinned threads in that subforum.

If you're looking for how to disable NPC interaction in Sword of Damocles, then you can try this. The mod author describes how to disable NPC interaction in a post later in the thread.

Thanks for the info i will look it up know.

Does anyone know how to get this working in Expanded Gameplay III ? I tried everything, also the DIY method. 144115188075856391  is the number for me, but changing it to 1 won't work, nor does triggering it with the training. If anyone found a solution.. please let me know. I'm going to stop playing until then.

Back
Top Bottom