Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

im trying to change it from 0 to 1 and then saving it,but when i do, it says...  cannot create .... scripts.txt file.  make sure that the path and file name are correct.  what do i do?

Sounds like the account you're logged in to doesn't have the priviledges to edit files whereever it is you installed M&B.

You need to log out and back in to an account that does - like an admin account.

I adore this little tweak, TheMageLord. It's great, as you can see from my signature... I've had fun with it :smile:.

TheMageLord said:
If they're already pissed at you they might go ahead and leave, but I ran around with 14 heroes fighting battles with this and nobody said a word, and after a day or so with plenty of chances to get angry they were all still happy.

This is confirmed. I had Jeremus leave at early game before I edited the script and now after running with all the heroes in my party for some weeks he left again. No one else want's to leave.

Does this tweak not work in 1.003? I changed the 0 to a 1 in the Scripts.txt file, but my companions are still arguing. Did I miss something?

Lycanthrope said:
Does this tweak not work in 1.003? I changed the 0 to a 1 in the Scripts.txt file, but my companions are still arguing. Did I miss something?

You have to place it somewhere where it gets activated. Like when you start the game, talk to a trainer about sparring or join a tournament.
It's all explained in the first post.

Lycanthrope said:
I see, I missed the part about requiring a new game, too far in the game now to restart so I guess I'll live. :cry:

It also says that you can make it work in an active game if you place it somewhere else than game start, like say... when joining a tournament or sparring heroes. Read the whole thread first.

TheMageLord said:
You COULD work it into a game in progress if you really wanted to, but you would have to add the line of code somewhere. I won't cover that here, but basically you'd just pick a script that will be triggered and add in the 2133 2 144115188075856295 0 thing to the end or beginning of it. Then you add 1 to first number in the script (which is the # of lines in that script, it needs to add 1 because you're actually adding in an extra line of code). You could remove it after you know that the script has been triggered - it stays once set.

hey i don't get these... can u please show me exactly how it must look like? please... i will thank so much... i really like to have all of them...

EiO said:
TheMageLord said:
You COULD work it into a game in progress if you really wanted to, but you would have to add the line of code somewhere. I won't cover that here, but basically you'd just pick a script that will be triggered and add in the 2133 2 144115188075856295 0 thing to the end or beginning of it. Then you add 1 to first number in the script (which is the # of lines in that script, it needs to add 1 because you're actually adding in an extra line of code). You could remove it after you know that the script has been triggered - it stays once set.

hey i don't get these... can u please show me exactly how it must look like? please... i will thank so much... i really like to have all of them...

Read the whole thread. . .

Lord Kinlar said:
Excellent stuff, TML!  :smile:

TheMageLord said:

If I add that line (2133 2 144115188075856295 1) to, let's say, start_training_at_training_ground for example, would it get triggered when I start training at a training ground?  :?:

And if the method above works, is there a way to turn it off after that, like adding 2133 2 144115188075856295 0 line again?

I really like this mod, because it gets annoying when you have the perfect party where someone likes someone else - after each battle they just have to share their love. Which is annoying me to hell!

Also, playing with max difficulties, I never have all heroes, I have most. When I lose battles, and I cant quit without saving, Im bound to lose some of my heroes. And then Im at war with some factions, and those heroes are hiding out in those towns, and I cant recruit them again until they either move, or I conquer that town. So it works well.

alexthegrand said:
im trying to change it from 0 to 1 and then saving it,but when i do, it says...  cannot create .... scripts.txt file.  make sure that the path and file name are correct.  what do i do?

*Note:sad:On Vista)
Not sure if you already worked it out or not but,
I had the same problem also. Even though I was logged in as the administrator (also the only account on my computer), it told me the same thing and restricted me from changing the file.

If you are in admin acct. And it doesn't let you change it. Try right clicking the file (scripts) first and click on properties. Click on the Security tab, there will be a section titled, "Group or user names:". There click on Users, next, below that is a section called, Permissions for Users now. Click the Advanced button and check the box modify. Then Apply. You should be able to change the file now. (or at least it did for me...)

Acanthoid said:
EiO said:
TheMageLord said:

Read the whole thread. . .

Lord Kinlar said:
Excellent stuff, TML!  :smile:

TheMageLord said:

If I add that line (2133 2 144115188075856295 1) to, let's say, start_training_at_training_ground for example, would it get triggered when I start training at a training ground?  :?:

And if the method above works, is there a way to turn it off after that, like adding 2133 2 144115188075856295 0 line again?

still dont get it... or my English suck?

ya i don't get it either. every time i add that line, 2133 2 144115188075856295 1, to start_training_at_training_ground (for example), the game crashes while it's loading up. im on vista 64, btw.

Well, I didn't specifically cover that for games in progress, but it does work - you just have to remember that whenever you add a line of code to something, you have to add 1 to the number before the lines of code so that it knows to read another one.

For instance, if you added it to the very beginning of start_training_at_training_ground, you'd need to change the
start_training_at_training_ground -1
163 2105 2 144115188075856114 ...
to
start_training_at_training_ground -1
164 2133 2 144115188075856295 1 2105 2 144115188075856114 ...

Then the next time you started training it should set the thing to turn off npc interaction.

oh, ok. thanks for clearing it up, I was just a bit confused. It still crashes, but I doubt it's because of your directions. ill probably just live with my bickering, ungrateful companions.

Out of curiosity, is there any way to make this change (and others) to only affect one character, or is it a general game registry edit I'd need to change back every time I switch?

Woodsmoke,
Most of the edits are for all characters - so you'd have to change back and forth. But this one is in game_start so it would only affect new characters, and if you changed it back after making a character the next guy won't have it. Thats what the whole mess about adding it into the training ground script is for - to add it into a game in progress. Otherwise it won't affect a game in progress.

This means I can have all the companions in my party at the same time  :shock: ?
Magelord you are a Script Wizard!
EDIT: Script Wizard would be a nice title for him wouldnt it? :smile:

Back
Top Bottom