"Disabled infertility chance and instead introduced a reduced pregnancy probability with every additional child" HOW MUCH tho?.

Users who are viewing this thread

It's that magical time when I have to stop killing people and get pregnant again, but it's just not happening (again), forcing me to think about the mechanics of it!
My current MC is a 35yo femzo and has made 10 babie so far, last birth was twins. Game started in 1.5.2 beta carried into 1.5.3 beta.

@SadShogun do you know how much it goes down each child I have?

That last good info I got was from you but it's outdated now I suppose.
Currently, the daily chance of pregnancy decreases by 0.46% by every age from an initial 13% and 0% from age 45. However, if you are not in the same settlement with your spouse, it decreased by a factor of 5 as well. Meaning a %2.6 chance of daily pregnancy for an 18-year-old female character. That's why staying in a town with your spouse makes them pregnant more often.
So does the player character start with the same 13% chance or the 7%(do to age) now? Does the age still effect chance or just number of Babies?
My desire is to know at what point my MC just can't make anymore babie, so I can stop trying!

If anyone knows the inners of the current builds let me know.
Also, I know babie is pretty much useless in the current builds, I just like to make them anyways. I could always use more governors at least.

It's that magical time when I have to stop killing people and get pregnant again, but it's just not happening (again), forcing me to think about the mechanics of it!
My current MC is a 35yo femzo and has made 10 babie so far, last birth was twins. Game started in 1.5.2 beta carried into 1.5.3 beta.

@SadShogun do you know how much it goes down each child I have?

That last good info I got was from you but it's outdated now I suppose.

So does the player character start with the same 13% chance or the 7%(do to age) now? Does the age still effect chance or just number of Babies?
My desire is to know at what point my MC just can't make anymore babie, so I can stop trying!

If anyone knows the inners of the current builds let me know.
Also, I know babie is pretty much useless in the current builds, I just like to make them anyways. I could always use more governors at least.
The child count reduces the probability in an inverse quadratic fashion i.e. the chance of pregnancy is divided by the square of child count (with some constants of course).
BaseChance/((ChildCount+1)^2)
For an assumed BaseChance of 1, this would mean:
Child CountChance

In the game, the base chance is not 1 and calculated based on age. So there are two variables affecting the pregnancy chance. Still, this would give you an idea of how it changes with respect to the number of children.

The child count reduces the probability in an inverse quadratic fashion i.e. the chance of pregnancy is divided by the square of child count (with some constants of course).

For an assumed BaseChance of 1, this would mean:
Child CountChance

In the game, the base chance is not 1 and calculated based on age. So there are two variables affecting the pregnancy chance. Still, this would give you an idea of how it changes with respect to the number of children.
Aaaaaaw man math?
So 18yo is 13% minus .46%X(35-1:cool:17= 7.82% base chance for 35 yo fem MC ?
7.82/
I haven't done math since 1998 I don't actually know if I know what this means anymore)
...... 7.82/121=
Do I have a .064% of daily pregnancy now?
I only got 2 intelligence!
I'm the reason they dumbed down the elder scrolls games I'm sorry everyone I can't do math.

Guys help me out am I done making babie? Is it as bad as it looks?

Aaaaaaw man math?
So 18yo is 13% minus .46%X(35-1:cool:17= 7.82% base chance for 35 yo fem MC ?
7.82/
I haven't done math since 1998 I don't actually know if I know what this means anymore)
...... 7.82/121=
Do I have a .064% of daily pregnancy now?
I only got 2 intelligence!
I'm the reason they dumbed down the elder scrolls games I'm sorry everyone I can't do math.

Guys help me out am I done making babie? Is it as bad as it looks?

If you have 10 children and you are 35 years old it would be
(13-0.46)%x17 / (11^2)
5.18%/121
This would mean if you stay with your spouse for a year you would have around 3.5% chance of pregnancy.
calculated using
1-(100-0.42)%^84
But 11th children (where there is no child death) is an extreme case in my opinion.

This would mean if you stay with your spouse for a year you would have around 3.5% chance of pregnancy.
calculated using
But 11th children (where there is no child death) is an extreme case in my opinion.
Any plan on letting the player try for baby via dialogue with the spouse? Maybe I just want to stay at 3 children but this system doesn't let me to stay at it and makes me stay away from my spouse if I don't want more children. Maybe I want to keep my spouse in my party forever but don't want any kids. We have no control on it other than staying away from our spouse.

Any plan on letting the player try for baby via dialogue with the spouse? Maybe I just want to stay at 3 children but this system doesn't let me to stay at it and makes me stay away from my spouse if I don't want more children. Maybe I want to keep my spouse in my party forever but don't want any kids. We have no control on it other than staying away from our spouse.
Here's my suggestion.
1.) Speak to wife in the keep.
2.) Dialogue option "Lets spend the night together"
Yes (60%) No (exit dialogue) - Show chance of pregnancy to remove guesswork.
3.) Go to world map and fast forward time for a day.
4.) After the time has passed, show the appropriate notification
yes- Your wife has gotten pregnant!
no- Lets try again
Just my two cents.

Here's my suggestion.
no- Lets try again
Just my two cents.

Why even bother with the pregnancy chance if you're going to allow trying repeatedly back to back? Kinda pointless if you ask me.

Here's my suggestion.
no- Lets try again
Just my two cents.
That's how I'd expect it to work. Could also modify the chance of the spouse agreeing to the spend the night by your relations and/or traits. Also give a relation boost every time you spend happy time together.

Why even bother with the pregnancy chance if you're going to allow trying repeatedly back to back? Kinda pointless if you ask me.
It would make time pass the way its described, so you could waste weeks trying with no results if you're unlucky. There's also the chance that your spouse refuses if you ask again, so it wouldn't be a way to guarantee a pregnancy.

Just so long as my second child doesn't try to steal the kingdom from my first child, I'll be ok. If my children end up fighting over the kingdom I will have CK2 nightmare flashbacks of my empire being divided amongst several heirs and having to get it all over again whilst cutting down my siblings one after the next XD.

If they keep that out and continue this reduced probability to have more children... I'd rather have that than the incentive CK gives you to only ever want to have one kid.

That's how I'd expect it to work. Could also modify the chance of the spouse agreeing to the spend the night by your relations and/or traits. Also give a relation boost every time you spend happy time together.

It would make time pass the way its described, so you could waste weeks trying with no results if you're unlucky. There's also the chance that your spouse refuses if you ask again, so it wouldn't be a way to guarantee a pregnancy.
That's actually a great suggestion since there's not a lot of ways to increase relationship with your wife.

Another build on my suggestion.
1.) wife agrees to spend the night together
2.) She goes to the bedroom and lays on the bed.
3.) You walk up to the bed and press F. Fade to black.
4.) Exit to world map and fast forward time.

Just so long as my second child doesn't try to steal the kingdom from my first child, I'll be ok. If my children end up fighting over the kingdom I will have CK2 nightmare flashbacks of my empire being divided amongst several heirs and having to get it all over again whilst cutting down my siblings one after the next XD.

If they keep that out and continue this reduced probability to have more children... I'd rather have that than the incentive CK gives you to only ever want to have one kid.
The real question comes from hey im only gonna get one child but then you think what if my child dies so then you get 2 children and if one of them dies you get so scared you pop out 3 children so thats how the CK game goes

Last edited:
That's actually a great suggestion since there's not a lot of ways to increase relationship with your wife.

Another build on my suggestion.
1.) wife agrees to spend the night together
2.) She goes to the bedroom and lays on the bed.
3.) You walk up to the bed and press F. Fade to black.
4.) Exit to world map and fast forward time.
Very nice. And it adds a convenient hook for the inevitable LoversLab mods to fill in the fade to black time. :fruity:

Very nice. And it adds a convenient hook for the inevitable LoversLab mods to fill in the fade to black time. :fruity:
But there would have to be a chance for refusal and one of those dialogues they like to use. You know you would have:

- My dear wife, your beauty defies belief and your love is the gentle glow of the hearth fire. Let us show our love for each other and start a family! (Charm, Honor)
- My dear wife, Tonight, I promise to put your needs far ahead those of my own :wink: (Generosity, Mercy)
- My dear wife, Tonight, I promise to put your needs far ahead those of my own :wink: (Generosity, Mercy)
- Say nothing. Wait for her to go to bed, and... sneak attack! (Roguery, Calculating)

But there would have to be a chance for refusal and one of those dialogues they like to use. You know you would have:

- My dear wife, your beauty defies belief and your love is the gentle glow of the hearth fire. Let us show our love for each other and start a family! (Charm, Honor)
- Say nothing. Wait for her to go to bed, and... sneak attack! (Roguery, Calculating)
You'd have to add some more evil ones.
- Service me, wench! (Closefisted, Cruelty)
-I've got some new toys I've been wanting to try out. Assume the position! (Sadism, Cruelty)

calculated using
Thanks for your help! Guess 10s enough. I managed 22 in one of the older builds though!

@SadShogun
A question I've been wondering, in current versions is does the "number of children" penalty get reset if a man re-marries or is it also marked on the male?
Like if wife dies after having 4 kids, will getting new younger wife be just like starting over or as if she already has 4 kids?

Back
Top Bottom