Disable the native controller support

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazy_Control

Recruit
Hey folks!
Does any one know how to disable the native controller support so i can use my xbox360 controller together with xpadder again?
Thx for help

Lazy_Control said:
Hey folks!
Does any one know how to disable the native controller support so i can use my xbox360 controller together with xpadder again?
Thx for help
There's no toggle that was added in this version along with the controller support. Check the control config screen...but if there's nothing there, then I don't believe there is a way.

If anyone has found a way to disable native controller support, please let me know! very important! or even where the controller file is so i can change the mapping of it

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure this out for the past 3 or so hours, is there anyway to remove native gamepad support or toggle it, if not this should be a priority as it's messing with xpadder so i cant even use my controller anymore. Is there a file where you can change the gamepads controls even?

Controls as are set in Game Options are recorded in the file %APPDATA%\Mount&Blade Warband\controls.dat
I don't believe it is an easy-to-read/edit file. Anything else is handled directly by the engine, save for a few gamepad button uses in some of the on-screen presentations (like using a button to escape a screen).

Alternatively, you could roll-back to Warband version 1.143 or earlier where there was no included gamepad support. Just go to Taleworlds.com and change the download link so the version reads 1143 rather than 1153.

Thanks for the quick reply, i looked into %APPDATA%\Mount&Blade Warband\controls.dat but it seems to be unreadable, also since there's no way to completely disable the gamepad on game startup, i guess i'm screwed? (this is for multiplayer btw, reverting to a previous version's not an option)

I hate to bump an almost 5 month old topic, however I would like to know if anyone has any new info on this?  I have removed the controls.dat file from C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband and have no other roaming folders with Warband files in them, however even though the file does not regenerate, the controller is still functioning ingame.  I have an extremely customized Xpadder profile and am sad I can't use it anymore.  (I use it when the girlfriend is sleeping.)

Necromancy in the intrest of posterity.  xpadder is worthless with the 360 controller i just purchased however it seems that M&B does not recognize my old SteelSeries controller.  These controllers are pretty cheap. Might be worth it for you.  Also if you could disable/delete the 360 drivers and still have it recognized by xpadder, that might get you somewhere. 

I found the solution from steamcommunity if someone still needs it:

download nox360.zip from this link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24731058&postcount=9
i uploaded the file to mediafire aswell just in case: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7cz7c50qaxtc44j/nox360.zip

unzip to:
........\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband

might work for other games aswell.

Back
Top Bottom