MP Disable Seige machine trolling

Users who are viewing this thread

Just came off a match where something interesting happened - someone unfortunate on the defending team decided to leave the castle ramparts and actively push the enemy siege machines towards the castle, and then use them on the castle doors. Without any friendlyfire option, the defending team couldn't really do anything about this.

Would it be possible to stop players from using siege machinery intended for the other side? I understand that it's useful to let attacking players take over ballistea etc. as they move through a castle, but I'm not sure that I can see any use case for pushing a ram or tower if you're defending.

Just came off a match where something interesting happened - someone unfortunate on the defending team decided to leave the castle ramparts and actively push the enemy siege machines towards the castle, and then use them on the castle doors. Without any friendlyfire option, the defending team couldn't really do anything about this.

Would it be possible to stop players from using siege machinery intended for the other side? I understand that it's useful to let attacking players take over ballistea etc. as they move through a castle, but I'm not sure that I can see any use case for pushing a ram or tower if you're defending.

Simply disallowing users from using enemy siege weapons would do it; though as you say capturing enemy equipment is fun. I have seen this a few times - but thankfully it is rare.

I once got killed by some asshat who was manning our own mangonel from the back line during a siege at skala landing, one of the idiots in my own team was helping them to load it -_-

So yes I support this 100% remove the ability for defenders to make use of attackers siege equipment it just leads to pointless trolling, also put a timer on picking up rocks/pots and dropping them as I've seen people troll by deliberately destroying the stockpiles of ammunition for mangonels, it's absurd how quickly they can be spam picked and dropped.

Back
Top Bottom