Diplomacy Text bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, sorry for double posting but given the quick answer to my first issue figured I'd bring up a more longstanding (although mostly cosmetic) one.

When I have the diplomacy conversations such as "How goes the war", two recurring phrases are interjected instead of other variable text. This is also true in the pop-up war declarations, etc...

The two phrases in question are "Content update applied to save game" and "... has entered trance !"
These replace the names of the kings and the "logic" behind the decisions (i.e. curbing power, reclaim lost land, etc...).

I tweaked the dialog file so I think I must have done something wrong and created some kind of offset but can't pick it up. Would appreciate some tips as to what to look for. Lmk if you want me to upload specific files.

Ty

Modding issues should be posted on the modding subforum Q&A thread or general VC forum. This one is for official support (by the game devs) for the pure/vanilla game.

Look at your quick strings .txt file to see if you can fix the offset by including fake lines. This sort of changes should be done with modsys to avoid errors like this.

For more info post on the appropriate place with your log.txt, a screenshot and description (code) if each change

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom