SP - UI [DIPLOMACY] Screen Improvement

Users who are viewing this thread

I know the diplomacy is not included in the game at the moment.
Anyway, it's actually really hard to find basics informations about the world arround you.
You always have to press N, then go from a page to another to find basics informations (such as wars, clans, positions of the nobles), or all arround the map to see what happen...

With a better UI in the diplomacy screen, we could have all basics informations we need on 1 screen.

This is paint job, don't be rude I'm not any designer :smile:
This is to show an idea of what I imagine

vzwb.png

On the left : faction lists. Minor factions should probably be added a way or another with their own informations.

On the center : main usefull informations about the factions you're looking at.
Informations about its power, its positions on the world, its wars.

On the right : the actual comparison and all the log with the name of this faction.
Adding something like "2 days ago" right next the events could be great to understand what the AI is doing, where he was etc... still without going on many screen in the encyclopedy. We could also imagine add the siege/raid informations to have everything that happen (Khuzait take Poros from Nothern Empire i.e)

I really think something like that could be cool and greatly improve the "strategy"/Diplomacy UI.

Hope you'll enjoy because the actual readibility of such informations is really a bad/complicated point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good and simple! ☝
I would also add more information in fief menu. F.e., at least, info on whether a certain fief is besieged or no.

Like in this suggestion.
I haven't been able to find which settlements are currently under siege in-game, other than seeing a brief pop-up message or searching the map for crossed swords icons. Please add a way to see which settlements are currently besieged, or in case it exists, make it more accessible and easier to find.

Last edited:
Good and simple! ☝
I would also add more information in fief menu. F.e., at least, info on whether a certain fief is besieged or no.

Like in this suggestion.

Yea that could be great too.

In this suggestion I forgot to add another thing I was thinking of...
In the logbook, it could be VERY usefull to have links to the encyclopedy o to the map in addition to the time when events happenned.

So that, when you read that "Astin of the Lake Rats has been taken prisonner", you can click on the name "Astin the Lake Rats" and see in the encyclopedy his last known position. Same for settlements... "Poros is beseige" / "Alosia is raided by..." => link to the encyclopedy so you can track Poros or Alosia (or direct link to the map in case of fiefs).

That could bring many strategy in the game without changing anything.
Actually it's too complicated, informations are everywhere and you don't (have time to) see them.

I also forget to say that according to me, if I'm one the khuzait diplomacy screen... The territories holded by khuzait should be colored on the map... While everything else should be grey.

This map is the only one I could find and I don't know how to add filtres... This is just to have an idea of what that window should be.

Really great idea, This idea may have a lot to offer for campaign mode even more if along with the idea of marrying family members that I imagine is already in progress

Back
Top Bottom