Diplomacy+Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (Diplo v4.2+PBOD v0.96.3) for 1.143+WSE

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiserbrown said:
Hah, I'm an idiot. I downloaded the module pack instead of the actual mod. That explains a lot!

That would do it! Heh. Glad you got it working. I've hidden the source download a bit more to lessen any confusion.

burgunfaust said:
Any chance you guys could add battle map as well?
You mean having the minimap always visible (instead of pressing Backspace and bringing up the whole pane) like in Custom Commander? It's not on my radar at the moment.

I tried to get the source that had been extracted from custom commander on the mod merger website, but the link doesn't work. Just brings you to a main page not to a dl page. If I could get the source for that I could just add it myself.

Great work, love it.  I'd like to mention a small bug though, whenever I'm taking a walk or visiting a tavern, the first companion in my army list decides to spawn and follow me around.  Doesn't really affect gameplay, and they don't do it when I enter castles.

Rolled back and the bug disappeared.  So maybe its conflicting with one of the other mods I installed.

everon said:
Great work, love it.  I'd like to mention a small bug though, whenever I'm taking a walk or visiting a tavern, the first companion in my army list decides to spawn and follow me around.  Doesn't really affect gameplay, and they don't do it when I enter castles.

Rolled back and the bug disappeared.  So maybe its conflicting with one of the other mods I installed.
Somebody said:
They're supposed to be bodyguards. You'll get more with higher renown.

Check out the Readme or the original thread...it should explain about more about bodyguards if you care to know. They are based on renown and leadership ability, and as Somebody indicated, they are definitely not a bug. You can even order them around like you were in battle.

But, if you don't like them, as with all things in PBOD, you can turn it off in the Camp Menu's Mod Preferences option.

Is this sub-mod compatible with using the Combat Animations Enhancement mod? I'm worried about trying to merge the two as they both have modified actions.txt files.

If it is not, would it be possible for a future update to include the CAE? It really does make the game more enjoyable.

Caba`drin said:
This is a Diplomacy issue...and one I'm not sure where it comes from. If I find a fix, I'll let you folks know, but it is some issue with the Diplomacy code. (Just playing PBOD doesn't have this problem.)

thanks

Updated to Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment v0.88.

Other than the new features added in PBOD v.88 I also decided to replace Diplomacy's battle continuation and DeathCam system with the on used in Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment.

You'll now find the options for Battle Continuation and Horse Speed scaling merged with PBOD's options in your Camp Menu under "Mod Options."

hey Caba`drin, since nobody is going to report a major bug (if you use TweakMB) then I guess I'll be the first

your new Diplomacy + PBOD mod version 0.88 won't allow the editing of Defender Reinforcement Waves of Standard Battle.

It's locked on the default 2 waves only setting. It's really annoying to find out that your opponent only has like 20 units out of his 300 during a battle :sad:

Anyways I hope it get's fixed!

What TweakMB 'database' are you using when you are trying to Tweak this? Diplomacy or Native? Try both...if neither works, you can always try to edit mission_templates.txt yourself.

EDIT: I just set the TweakDB to Native and it was able to edit the reinforcement waves without an issue. With this mod merger blending features, you may need to adjust the TweakDB being used (between Diplo and Native) to access different tweak options. Make sure TweakMB makes backups for you when you do so so you can correct anything if it goes wrong.

But, in general, I wouldn't call TweakMB not working a "bug". PBOD adds a considerable amount of instructions to how battles work, so it isn't too surprising that TweakMB might have a bit of a difficult time navigating it.

any way i could get this handy little mod thrown in there?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136246.0.html - its the fourth post down.

Thanks.

manekemaan said:
caba'drin, do you know if its possible to instand pre battle orders and deployement over native compilation mod?

No, not directly over the "Lite" version of Bismark's Native Compilation that is currently released.
However, Bismark is adding PBOD to his full version of the compilation as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom