Diplomacy+Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (Diplo v4.2+PBOD v0.96.3) for 1.143+WSE

Users who are viewing this thread

Toasticuss said:
I added battle time to the source but after numerous retries I am unable to get the setup multiplayer battle button to do anything.

Is Pre-Battle Orders incompatible with battle time?
I don't think it should hurt to have both in the same module, but your pre-battle orders/deployment selections won't apply to a Battle Time! multiplayer battle. It would take a considerable amount of work to make the two compatible/work together...something that would be nice to do, but is far, far down my list of things to tackle.

Caba`drin said:
Toasticuss said:
I added battle time to the source but after numerous retries I am unable to get the setup multiplayer battle button to do anything.

Is Pre-Battle Orders incompatible with battle time?
I don't think it should hurt to have both in the same module, but your pre-battle orders/deployment selections won't apply to a Battle Time! multiplayer battle. It would take a considerable amount of work to make the two compatible/work together...something that would be nice to do, but is far, far down my list of things to tackle.

Thanks for the reply, I think I've got the problem narrowed down to the module_game_menus file, battle time is mixed in to the exact same spots where the pre battle deployment scripts are so its conflicting.

Think you could splice them together nicely?

I'm using Diplo. Source + PBOD with Battle Time 1.2.

I have a little problem with my bodyguards.
Some times they follow me in villages and taverns and sometimes they don`t.
And when they do appear i got 3 of them.
If i remember correctly from the read-me for every 400+ renown points i will be awarded with just one.
Currently I have around 440 renown points.
Any suggestions?

It should be 1 for every 400 points of renown or every 3 points of leadership, up to a maximum of 4.
So if you have 440 renown and 6 leadership, you should have 3 bodyguards.

The "sometimes they do and sometimes they don't" is troubling however.
Any pattern with that that you've seen?

It`s hard to tell.
Sometimes they just reaper and next time they do not.
And sometimes they are always with me , hm...maybe it is related to the thing when they are wounded and when they heal they do not follow...will look at this and will report back.
So far they didn`t reappear, i must wait and see for them to apear and then what is the last action before they decide not to.

Hope this makes sense (my eng is bad :smile:)

And yes  i have 7 leadership and 440 renown so that is ok.

bojan811 said:
And sometimes they are always with me , hm...maybe it is related to the thing when they are wounded and when they heal they do not follow...will look at this and will report back.
This is a definitely possibility. The code makes sure they are not wounded before letting them spawn.

bojan811 said:
Hope this makes sense (my eng is bad :smile:)
Your English seems just fine.

Ok I just got them.
I did the following thing
go to tavern and then go out from the tavern doors and when i entered the city streets 2/3 apeared even with the 40% health (just have fought a huge battle) and when i entered the tavern from the streets the 3rd bodyguard appeared.
Now all we can do is wait for the moment when they will choose not to follow.
EDIT:
It happened again...don`t know why but what  i do  know is if you are in the tavern just go out the door not TAB and they will reappear.

Can someone post a picture here for "ranks" formaton for archers.
I tried to give them that order few times but i just can see the formation making.
They just tend to run around.
If there is no picture an expl would be nice about the purpose of this formation.

I think that the option for archers to become infantry when run out of arrows.
In all my sieges when they fire all they arrows then they just stand in the way of the other archers who did not get they turn to fire.

huggeyface said:
I'm loving this mod at the moment.
Cheers! Glad you enjoy it.

bojan811 said:
I think that the option for archers to become infantry when run out of arrows.
In all my sieges when they fire all they arrows then they just stand in the way of the other archers who did not get they turn to fire.
The option works in every situation except for siege defense. In siege defense, archers get their ammo checked every two minutes, and if they are empty, their ammo gets refilled. So, the longest you will see this is for 2 minutes in siege...which can be a long time I suppose, but that is why the re-assignment is disabled there.

Oh ok.
This is my first character so I am quite new to this.
Thanks.

And a question could it be made that in sieges i have my box of goodies with me so that when i run out of ammo just go and get some more from inventory?

Edit:
Why some of my calvary and heroes at the begin of the battle just dismount their horses?

bojan811 said:
Edit:
Why some of my calvary and heroes at the begin of the battle just dismount their horses?
Happens in Native, too, when cav get to crowded by infantry and can't move to their destinations. Give them the "Mount" order either in battle or through the Pre-battle Order screen and that should help.

I tried that sometimes it help some times they just run half way to the horse and come back.

Hey caba do you know why my heroes refuse to auto loot.
I am constantly giving the ymira helmet with the +53 to def and she keeps returning him into a loot mass and take the +34 one.

bojan811 said:
I tried that sometimes it help some times they just run half way to the horse and come back.

Hey caba do you know why my heroes refuse to auto loot.
I am constantly giving the ymira helmet with the +53 to def and she keeps returning him into a loot mass and take the +34 one.

I'm having the same kind of problem, when I mass upgrade my heroes take their gloves off, and randomly leave their horses as well, without replacing them with anything else. Its not a huge deal but kind of odd, and I wanna fix it

I can think of a possible reason.  The autoloot code uses item attributes whose values are determined at compile time.  If you are altering the item list without also recompiling (and getting a new scripts.txt), autoloot will still behave as if the items hadn't changed.  Even if you do replace scripts.txt, you would have to start a new game, since the autoloot item values are saved when the module starts (EDIT: the first time autoloot is run) and then never changed.

(P.S. If you are also using a tweaked item list, for future reference it's a good idea to always mention what additional changes you're using when you're reporting error symptoms, unless you have a good idea of what could cause the error and what is and isn't relevant.)

Ok I've been playing this mod recently, on the new v1.142 version of Warband, and I think there is an issue. Certain items no longer seems to be spawning in the markets. Arrows and bolts for example are there on the first day of a new game, but afterwards can't be found anywhere. Also hand and leg armors items have disappeared. I don't know if this is a problem specifically for this mod, or if it's a bug caused by the patch in vanilla warband too (I haven't played vanilla since I installed this mod months ago).

Has anyone else noticed this?

Back
Top Bottom