Diplomacy for 1.174

Users who are viewing this thread

Somebody said:
Recruiter thing should have been fixed, I'll check again.
The bandit infestation never gave relation to the villager's faction, only to the center barring quest rewards.

Sorry, I Think I didn't explain that last part very well. I meant that successfully completing the quest normally gives a bonus to the relation with faction "Farmers", not the faction owning the village. There is a debugging message saying something about faction "String not found" or something along those lines (will update this post with the exact message once it happens again. When you fail such a quest, your relations with the faction "Farmers" takes a hit too, and that works.

Also, in tournaments, there is some relation bonus that is not being correctly awarded at the end of a round. You do lose relation with companions that you defeat, but I suspect you might not get a bonus with them if you win together (bonus to relation with characters like Dranton and Xerina seems to work OK though).

The Yogi said:
Sorry, I Think I didn't explain that last part very well. I meant that successfully completing the quest normally gives a bonus to the relation with faction "Farmers", not the faction owning the village. There is a debugging message saying something about faction "String not found" or something along those lines (will update this post with the exact message once it happens again. When you fail such a quest, your relations with the faction "Farmers" takes a hit too, and that works.

Also, in tournaments, there is some relation bonus that is not being correctly awarded at the end of a round. You do lose relation with companions that you defeat, but I suspect you might not get a bonus with them if you win together (bonus to relation with characters like Dranton and Xerina seems to work OK though).
A screenshot would be nice - there's no such thing as the "Farmer" faction (only Commoners), since the quest gives a relationship boost with the actual village. The relationship boost would not affect your companions (until you actually make them into lords) so it offsets the morality grievances they would normally receive.

Here goes - obviously I can't tell which faction should I should have got better relations with, but apparently someone is missing out on a lot of love - just look at my relation with NOSTRING faction! :smile:

The recruiter thing works now that I've downloaded the latest version, BTW.

https://imgur.com/byFN6GQ

Here's a clue: the reason why I thought the faction was "farmers" is that when I fail an infestation quest, my relation with "Farmer" (sing) takes a hit - I'm now guessing this would be the very guy who gave me the quest in a tavern (who is called "Farmer"). Now, since this hit is cumulative for each failure and never seems to go anything but down in my game, I'm guessing the bonus to relation should also have been with this Farmer man.

Could you release the source, please? I would like to do a minor adjustment that I think is well in spirit with this mod: when you host feasts the relations with lords attending should increase automatically and are not contingent on speaking to them. Otherwise, maintaining relations with lords in the end-game becomes the single most painful thing in the game. Oh, and I'd be happy to merge the changes back if you like.

KissMyAxe said:
Could you release the source, please? I would like to do a minor adjustment that I think is well in spirit with this mod: when you host feasts the relations with lords attending should increase automatically and are not contingent on speaking to them. Otherwise, maintaining relations with lords in the end-game becomes the single most painful thing in the game. Oh, and I'd be happy to merge the changes back if you like.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9hrtp39hnsae7vo/AACxLa6wP4YU678Twe0mZV7wa?dl=0

I had started mod against native and many concepts you have in Diplomacy are in the same vein.  So it seems this is a better starting point for me than native.

Before adding anything (was planning on figuring out modmerge tools) I pulled your source and when I build I get the following error in item:

Exporting item data...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_items.py", line 72, in <module>
    write_items(variables,variable_uses,tag_uses,quick_strings)
  File "process_items.py", line 31, in write_items
    get_weight(item[6]),
  File "C:\Users\runma\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\Diplomacy\Source\header_items.py", line 192, in get_weight
    a = (y >> ibf_weight_bits) & ibf_armor_mask
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for >>: 'AGGREGATE' and 'int'
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "process_troops.py", line 111, in <module>
    save_troops()
  File "process_troops.py", line 49, in save_troops
    strength = (attrib & 0xff)
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'AGGREGATE' and 'int'
Exporting particle data...

Then later seems a quest has some dangling globals:
WARNING: Variable name used for both local and global contexts:qst_deliver_wine_debt
WARNING: Variable name used for both local and global contexts:qst_deliver_wine_debt
WARNING: Variable name used for both local and global contexts:pool_troop
WARNING: store_script_param_2 is used more than once:dplmc_auto_loot_all
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
C

Is this alright, did I mess up?

One thing I don't like is how using a Ransom Broker now upsets my companions. They comment that it isn't cool to sell prisoners into slavery, but these are Ransom Brokers, not the Slave Broker. A bug perhaps? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Update: When I sell prisoners to the Slave Trader there is no reaction from companions at all so it appears the two are reversed by mistake. Anyone know how to fix this?

I seem to be having an issue with changing my banner's background color through the Camp menu.  For some reason this doesn't work no matter what color I change it to.  I'm using the non-Workshop version of the mod with the GOG release of Warband, if that makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom