Diplomacy for 1.174

Users who are viewing this thread

Swaybacked horses healing is an engine-side thing, no code's been altered there.
You need to turn on battle continuation (and then configure the camera mode and keys). The mouse-controlled camera mode just uses the cursor and other keys to pan.
The prisoner thing is a minor morality objection for humanitarian NPCs. They don't have problems with taking prisoners or selling them manually though.
I'll take a look at the merchant caravan quest encounters. In the module that I ported the code from it uses the same quest (so there isn't any conflicts) however in Diplomacy the old globals need to be retained.

Thank you, Somebody.
My problem was that I didn't notice I had to pick default death cam. You can either pick keyboard, mouse, or follower. Can't have all at once. Having figured that out, it works fine ... for a new game, or a load game of day 1, but not for an older one, started with Diplo 4.2, where I am at day 988. In this old file, there is also 149% difficulty, while in a new file it is 113% or something, despite the same settings.
So it seems all the problems are slowly vanishing. \o/

There is a bug I have to report. With Herfast, if you repeatedly click "let's change our domestic policy", his answer multiplies, so instead of an answer, there is answeranswer. And then answeransweranswer etc. The text evetually goes "out of bounds". His answer is as it should be only the first time asked. Sometimes the answer is preceded by "Leave the items in the item pool and continue." After that the correct answer is given. I tried tabbing out of the castle, leaving the town, and even S & Q & L back, but it had no effect. I guess only quitting the game would work. Note that I am experiencing the bug in the period of having to wait 40 days for the people to adapt to the new policy I had previously selected.
Another bug: After browsing through camp's menu "take action", checking out Party name, Kingdom name, Select a book to read, my Kingdom's color turned from red to pitch black. Any way to revert it or pick another color? It's hard to read noblemen's names and garrison now.

A couple of questions:
Is there always a penalty for raiding a village or attacking farmers, caravans? Even in time of war? Do some companions always complain? If yes, then it doesn't seem profitable to do these debaucheries.
Has the difficulty of keeping all companions been upped? I understand it's possible to keep all companions with persuasion 10.

PS: I just got a bonus to my party size for being a Castellan, that is +180. I guess that means a person that owns a castle. Seeing that I have 9 castles to my name, I reckon that is +20 per castle. Quite a boost ... and for once it's profitable to have castles, not just towns, however it gets significantly difficult to maintain a proper morale. It seems you need to buy a great variety of foods, and even then it's just not enough. Any hints here? Gotta get me another inventory management +1. So where did you get this game rule of +20? :smile::smile:

For older savegames just turn battle continuation off, turn it back on, and reset to default keys from the presentation that should reset all the variables.

I thought I fixed that problem with the policy strings, I guess I'll make sure the string register is cleared beforehand.

There's a bunch of additional morality penalties, some of which were already in Native just not implemented (such as paying off deserters and mass slavery).

The rename kingdom presentation shouldn't change colours other than when you first create one. A temporary solution is to swap your banner and then rename the kingdom.

It's the same bonus applied for NPC lords. You can manage morale by not always having to have a full party, holding tournaments, buying stuff in taverns etc.

I'm confused is this still 4.3? thats the latest one i'm finding. the link in the first post doesn't work for me and 4.3 says compatible with 1.153 (from mb repository)

Well, in my older savegame I can't even switch on/off for battle continuation. The "button" wouldn't change despite pressing it. And since it does nothing, the additional menu for "set the keys" never shows up.

I checked the trick with the banner and it worked. Now I can pick almost any color. Cheats had to be enabled, though. Thanks!

The problem with the policy strings has been checked only in my older savegame. I don't know if it's present if I started afresh.

Here's another bug (in my oldsave): When talking to constable when you have prisoners, there is an option to choose a line about "prisoners in dungeons". If you have no prisoners in dungeons but you have them in your party, if you select that string about dungeon and then select "let's keep selling", you lose all prisoners you had in your party, and the dungeon population stays zero. Haven't tried the other options (not empty dungeon, empty party prison etc).

This +100 for a king and +20 per castle bonus to party with addition of increased difficulty of keeping good morale makes inventory management skill much more useful, because large quantities of foods are required. You've done a really good job with this. Even though the game is easier now that I can walk around with 200 troops. What I mean by morale difficulty is that before your patch, I could just buy a whole lot of bread, and my party would be satisfied, because morale counted +8 for every bread. Or something similar. But now I have to have a variety, otherwise morale flattens.

Is looting any good now? One of my party members has it, but I don't see much difference. And if I loot a village, I get a penalty so ... :smile: Seems looting is a waste of skill.

By the way, it seems that only Lame horses heal, not Swaybacked. Ain't that a revelation.

Yeah you used to be able to intentionally heal Swaybacked horses by laming them in the old M&B, but in Warband they just fall dead.
You're right in that the sell prisoner in dungeons option needs more testing on the edge cases. However it should replace the prisoners once you're done. You need some prisoners in the dungeon to have the dialog show up in the first place. There's probably a bug where the player's prisoner management skill isn't high enough to hold the prisoners, so they can get lost.
Looting is fixed and gives you better stuff in village raids, and on higher changes it adversely affects the owner, so you can cripple enemy lords by looting their villages.

First, thanks! This is a great Diplomacy revamping :smile:

Then a suggestion: why not change the stats in the following way:

Persuasion: CHA
Inventory management: STR (if it was possible, I'd have said party skill and leave it INT, but it's not possible, it's hardcoded)

I always find it annoying that I can't have a proper "warrior-king" build by pumping STR and CHA. Having to pump STR, CHA and INT seems like too much, really.

I personally applied this change manually in skills.txt but I think most players would benefit from it. I can see a problem for purely non-combat builds though.. but are there any really? :smile:

Helou!
The banner trick does not work anymore (in my oldsave), since I am no longer able to select that line in the cheat menu. It disappeared. I guess this oldsave is really broken. So I am stuck with pitch black color. The color is determined by my black banner with white stag's head on it.
Here are a couple more bugs to report:
When asking traveller about Marnid's whereabouts, he said: Marnid is at Jelkala is currently at Jelkala.
When emissary returns back from persuading a lord to join you, the lord's name is absent from the text, so it goes something like this: "At last I've returned. doesn't want to join you, because he doesn't find the arguments convincing." Something like that. The point is, the name is missing.
Some texts refer to lords as "she" instead of "he". If you need exact references, let me know and I'll write it down as it happens.
I've also encountered sentences with comma not being followed by space but immediately by another letter, imaginary example: "When you're done,come see me." The space after comma is missing.

A post before me suggested changing skill-attribute reference, but I'm not sure this mod wants to revamp the game that much, does it?

Thank you for your great work!

Well, I derped & just realized that you had a new version up for diplomacy, nice job dude. (& great thing adding in the fix for the divide by zero error, that bastard was always annoying lol)

Yes, basically all my posts are on old save. Once I conquer complete Calradia, I'll try afresh. I've got 9 out of 22 towns, so there's still a way to go, plus it's my first time:smile:

Somebody said:
There's a debug menu: turn on cheat mode, right click on the town and detach them from the center, and kill them off so they respawn.

Thanks, will do.

In any case, mine is a new game with the latest version, not an old save.

Compiling from source fails:

*** Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (W.R.E.C.K.) version 1.0.0 ***
Please report errors, problems and suggestions at http://lav.lomskih.net/wreck/

Loading module... FAILED.
MODULE `game_menus` ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "compile.py", line 89, in <module>
    from module_game_menus import *
  File "C:\Games\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Diplomacy\source\module_game_menus.
py", line 6495, in <module>
    (this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, ":leader", slot_troop_reputation_type, lrep_mar
tial),
NameError: name 'slot_troop_reputation_type' is not defined

COMPILATION FAILED.

Press any key to continue . . .

I assume that's  meant to be slot_lord_reputation_type? After correcting that, other notes:

---
Code:
  unassigned local variable <l.center_no[@1224979098644774914]> used by operation party_slot_ge in dialog.spouse_leave(#224).condition on line 2
I'm guessing "$g_player_court" was meant there, instead of ":center_no".
---
Code:
  duplicate entity found: ip.dplmc_autosell
This one just looks like a simple copy-paste error.
---
Code:
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_sword
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_axe
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_spear
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_club
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_battle_axe
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_arrows
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_bolts
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_short_bow
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_crossbow
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_throwing_daggers
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_saddle_horse
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_shield
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_staff_no_attack
  duplicate entity found: itm.tutorial_staff
  duplicate entity found: s.npc2_kingsupport_2
  duplicate entity found: s.npc4_turn_against
  duplicate entity found: s.comment_you_were_defeated_allied_unfriendly
  duplicate entity found: s.comment_you_were_defeated_allied
  duplicate entity found: s.score
  duplicate entity found: s.routed
  duplicate entity found: s.wife
  duplicate entity found: s.husband
  duplicate entity found: s.father
  duplicate entity found: s.mother
  duplicate entity found: s.daughter
  duplicate entity found: s.son
  duplicate entity found: s.sister
  duplicate entity found: s.brother
  duplicate entity found: s.s15
  duplicate entity found: s.he
  duplicate entity found: s.she
  duplicate entity found: s.s12
  duplicate entity found: s._family_
  duplicate entity found: s.whereabouts_unknown
  duplicate entity found: s.betrothed
The above are present in Native and are relatively harmless.
---
Code:
  local l.prisoner declared but never used in dialog.lord_mission_rescue_prisoner_method_ransom(#2138).result
  local l.rand declared but never used in dialog.mercenary_tavern_talk_hire(#3054).condition
  local l.player_agent declared but never used in mt.village_raid(#11).ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded.body
  local l.player_agent declared but never used in mt.arena_melee_fight(#24).ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded.body
  local l.unused declared but never used in script.game_get_troop_wage
  local l.villager_count declared but never used in script.process_village_raids
  local l.unused declared but never used in script.debug_variables
  local l.unused_2 declared but never used in script.debug_variables
  local l.unused declared but never used in script.party_inflict_attrition
  local l.center_no declared but never used in script.calculate_improvement_limit
  local l.player_team declared but never used in script.cf_dplmc_battle_continuation
  local l.relation:faction declared but never used in mnu.camp_recruit_prisoners(#28).mno_camp_recruit_prisoners_accept.choice
I assume at least some of these probably had/have a future use planned.

Source is being worked on incrementally, don't expect it to work all the time since I only compile every few hours or so and sometimes forget before I go to sleep.
koteko said:
Somebody said:
There's a debug menu: turn on cheat mode, right click on the town and detach them from the center, and kill them off so they respawn.

Thanks, will do.

Yeah I've had another report of lords losing reinforcements, it does seem to be a major issue. Can you talk to one of the lords stuck in towns and then take a screenshot of the debug menu for their slots?

Somebody said:
Source is being worked on incrementally, don't expect it to work all the time since I only compile every few hours or so and sometimes forget before I go to sleep.
koteko said:
Somebody said:

Thanks, will do.

Yeah I've had another report of lords losing reinforcements, it does seem to be a major issue. Can you talk to one of the lords stuck in towns and then take a screenshot of the debug menu for their slots?

I just thought of this, but I know that the lords have a harder time receiving reinforcements if they don't have any income & have exhausted what they have, you don't think this would be he case for them, do you?

Back
Top Bottom