Diplomacy for 1.174

Users who are viewing this thread

Does the "Persuade lords to make peace" quest actually stop wars in this mod? I think I remember doing it earlier and the quest completed but the war kept on going. I'd understand if that was the case, since it would give the player the power to circumvent diplomacy.

It's an upper limit so you could always just not have a full party. In the module system you can disable it via changing
Code:
(val_clamp, ":king_bonus", dplmc_marshal_party_bonus, dplmc_monarch_party_bonus + 1),
to
Code:
(assign, ":king_bonus", 0),

Yeah, so i came across a small issue, not sure if it's a feature or not. Basically, the factions go to war against each other as soon as i start a new game. Why i'm wondering if this is a feature is because Calradia is supposed to be a war-torn land.
Anywho, i'm complaining because it happens too fast, compared to Native. At least, in my opinion.

Somebody said:
It's an upper limit so you could always just not have a full party. In the module system you can disable it via changing
Code:
(val_clamp, ":king_bonus", dplmc_marshal_party_bonus, dplmc_monarch_party_bonus + 1),
to
Code:
(assign, ":king_bonus", 0),
Didn't work. Actually i deleted code relating to faction leader in module scripts from one end to other but made no diffrence. Save game gives +100 upon becoming monarch and starting a new game then becoming monarch gives +20 for some reason.
Apperantly i was editing source code. Is there a easy way to find that code in txt by eye?

I have a question about the modsys. When I go to module_game_menus.py, I can change the player creation options (father, youth, growing up, etc.), but the descriptions for these are missing. Where can I find them?

Corbul said:
I have a question about the modsys. When I go to module_game_menus.py, I can change the player creation options (father, youth, growing up, etc.), but the descriptions for these are missing. Where can I find them?

module_strings

Does anyone have a working download link? I am not currently playing it on Steam so subscribing would do nothing for me.
Thanks in advance.

Strange because, when I downloaded the source and compiled it.
Ingame it would just 'dismount' everyone and suffer fall damage while doing so,  when trying to ride a horse.

Avareee said:
Ingame it would just 'dismount' everyone and suffer fall damage while doing so,  when trying to ride a horse.
Oh, so that's why this happens! I actually downloaded the source again yesterday, and came across the horse issue. Thought i messed something up in the files when it first happened. Interestingly enough, this only happens with lvl 2+ horses, those below riding 2 seem to work alright, or was it because i was in a test location? :neutral:

I looked around. It's suggested that the first compilation needs to be via 'build_module_lav.bat', will try it on an unedited mod_sys, because a modded mod_sys doesn't seem to get rid of the issue AND causes the troops items to get messed up.

Edit 2: Yeah, so build_module_lav didn't help, the horse issue is still there. Eh, I wonder how we can fix it, you know, like revert it to the old horse speed option without the extra 'injury affecting speed' bit.

Corbul said:
Avareee said:
Oh, so that's why this happens! I actually downloaded the source again yesterday, and came across the horse issue. Thought i messed something up in the files when it first happened. Interestingly enough, this only happens with lvl 2+ horses, those below riding 2 seem to work alright, or was it because i was in a test location? :neutral:

I just found out that it has to do with horse speed feature, once I disabled it in the camp menu it was gone. :razz:
Hm yes it doesn't happen in cities, or if you choose to "walk around" in the camp menu. Only during a battle.

Avareee said:
I just found out that it has to do with horse speed feature, once I disabled it in the camp menu it was gone. :razz:
Hm yes it doesn't happen in cities, or if you choose to "walk around" in the camp menu. Only during a battle.
Okeys, so I found the mod_sys for Diplomacy v. 1.172 - https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade/mods/5967 - This one actually worked fine (I downloaded it that last time). I'm not very sure what the uploader speaks of in the description though.
I'll test it out, just to make sure.

Edit: Ah, so apparently, the mod_sys requires Daedal's lively tavern (or whatever it's called), because it won't compile without it.
Edit 2: Yes. Once installed the tavern pack, it compiles no problem. Still, it doesn't seem to be a very good recourse, the diplomacy options in v. 1.172 are reverted to the messy menu of the previous version, now with more selectables. But what if I try installing v. 1.174 atop v. 1.172? Might that fix the horse issue? Will have to try it.
Edit 3: Nope, didn't work. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait for a fix.
Edit 4: Ah, so I took the horse_cul and horse_speed lines from mod_sys 1.172's module_mission_templates.py and replaced the same ones in 1.174 with them. It fixed the issue, but I'm not sure if it'll cause any new issues beyond that.

Azura34 said:
Why do I get this mistake when I add the new kingdom?
https://hizliresim.com/XMa0zj
The image doesn't open.
You're trying to add a new kingdom in the mod_sys, right?
Sometimes you need to compile some the changes you made before you can make new ones. For example, if you try adding new troops and new entries for said troops to be used at the same time, the compiler will give you an error of 'undefined troops', but if you make the new troops, compile, and then make the appropriate entries (reinforcements, garrisons, etc.). then it should compile no problem. Of course, before sugesting anything, we'll need to know the actual error.

Getting the butter bug for the first time in years after installing this.

Just wanting to check I did it right:

I copied the native module into a folder called Diplomacy

I downloaded the zip from the dropbox and extracted it to the Diplomacy folder, overwriting files.

Downloaded Python 27

Ran the build_module_lav.bat inside the source folder and it seemed to work.

I'm unclear whether running that bat is a modder thing or also necessary for players but I did it anyway (I think) No idea what it actually did though.

Azura34 said:
(troop_set_slot, "trp_temp_array_b", 9, factions[fac_player_supporters_faction][6]),
IndexError: tuple index out of range

this error
It's the one in module_presentations, right?
What you want to do is replace 'fac_player_supporters_faction' with 'fac_kingdom_7' (or whatever number your faction is - i don't remember if it's 'fac_kingdom_7', just copy one of the existing ones and change the number), hit compile. If all goes well, it should compile. Then, change it back to 'fac_player_supporters_faction', hit compile again, and it should work. Now, i don't know why this works, so beware of any issues (shouldn't be, at least, none appeared for me). Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom