Diplomacy code being used in Blood & Gold: Caribbean

Users who are viewing this thread

HoJu

Grandmaster Knight
While working on the files to translate Blood & Gold: Caribbean, I've noticed quite a few lines of code belonging to the Diplomacy Mod, particularly in the game_menus.txt file. Did Snwbird Games have permission form the mod creators to use this code or did they nick it without permission? I haven't seen any mention in the credits, so if they didn't have permission it sounds very shady indeed that they used code from a free mod for their commercial game... I'm not even sure if the code is actually used ingame or is just leftover form development.

I'm actually surprised nobody has noticed this before or been concerned enough by it to actually raise the question (or at least my search didn't find anything). So few people bought the game?

EDIT. The devs have confirmed the code is leftover from the different teams that worked in development and that they've been trying to remove it but some bits are still there, without being used at all ingame. So nevermind, I guess. Good news is, I don't have to translate those.

Back
Top Bottom