SP Medieval Dimos' EUROPE 1080 is released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone, Dimos has released his Europe 1080 mod. He's banned here, so I'm posting the stuff; beyond this point it's his own words not mine.  :razz:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europe 1080 by Dimos is released!

FORUM WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/forum/3005237/

Features: [Version 0.2]
- 22 historically acurate factions, modded to resemble 11th century Europe
- Sea battles and ship owning
- Hunting
- Secret locations [University, dungeon, secret passages]
- Guilds that will give you quests and jobs [Assasin's guild, Templar Chapter house]
- Religion [Orthodox, Catholic, Muslim]
- Kingdom management [a bit incomplete though]
- New troops [Faction / mercenaries]
- New Lords [all have corect names but some need some work on the equipment]
- New banners
- New items [armours, helmets, Poleaxe, most of wich are retextured]
- A ton of new scenes
- 100% Historically accurate companions
- Banking system
- Tons of more bandits and parties around the map [patrols as well]
- many crap I forgot

Modding team:
Dimos - Mod Leader, Texturer, mapper, Troop trees maker, minor scripting, scene maker, historical researcher
Jubal - Basic scripter (factions, troop trees, naval battles and general scripting)
Silverwolf - Modeler, historical researcher
xGhost4000x - Scene maker
Misho - Modeler
Andeg - Mapper

Contributors:
Mitharei - Naval Script, Morale, Shield bash
OSP project - Cloaks / Arms / Armour
Highlander - Kingdom management script

Dimos:
I was wrongly banned in TW forums and my mod is now officialy hosted at Exilian.
I accepted Jubal's idea on making a topic in TW forums for advertising reasons.
I hope you will enjoy the mod... Please come and say hello on Exilian!

SCREENSHOTS
Pavise-crossbowmen.jpg_595.jpg

Pavise Crossbowmen, equiped with strong crossbows are really effective againt each enemy.
Venetians.jpg_595.jpg

Venetian Infantry. Those Italians, defend their Republic by hurling their warhammers to the enemy heads!
Metz-Lords-hall.jpg_595.jpg

The Lords hall of Metz castle, at Burgundy.
Byzan-Arch-hors.jpg_595.jpg

Some Byzantine Mounted Ranged units. They are an effective counterpart of Turkish Mounted Archers and Cavalry.

For some reason I'm doubting the existence of Pavise Crossbowmen in 1080 AD. But anyways, saying as it is all Native/OSP stuff, with hardly a single new item to boot, I won't be downloading it. No thanks.

I check exilian site and hmmm this mod isn't historically acurate :razz: Some example(first what I notice after see faction list) - Poland in 1080 wasn't a kingdom, but change mod's name to 1079 and everything will be fine :razz::razz:
I think there will be more mistakes, so please don't use tern "historical"

Looks quite interesting, especially the new guilds. I hope there aren't any plate armors.

Do not look here said:
Hey, don't go to accurate. Technically, it was still Kingdom of Poland. Temporarily without king, but still.

Yeah, hmm, it depends on what date we concede as beginning of Herman's rules(or rather Sieciech's :razz:). And what is the kingdom with banished king and in fact ruled by magnates(możnowładców) :razz:
But is that matter? I just wanted to notice that using term "historical" about this mod is over the top.

HUtH said:
I check exilian site and hmmm this mod isn't historically acurate :razz: Some example(first what I notice after see faction list) - Poland in 1080 wasn't a kingdom, but change mod's name to 1079 and everything will be fine :razz::razz:
I think there will be more mistakes, so please don't use tern "historical"

You have no idea how hard it is to make a historically accurate mod ... Especially if it includes ton of faction like Europe 1080 ... If you don't like it don't download it and make a flawless mod all by yourself ... OR post a few ideas in order to help Dimos with historical accuracy

And one year more or less is really nitpicking

I might also mention here that the code base for this mod is Southern Realms mod rather than Native; a few of the slightly odd naval names and menu descriptions are throwovers from it that Dimos hasn't fixed yet.

Ok, I tried it out. It's ok. If I had to rate it I would give a 6.5/10. One thing I would like to point out is that it has very bad graphics. Seriously, all those scenes need to be vertexed and re-textured.

Back
Top Bottom