Digital Companion Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Even as a 'DLC' it's embarrassingly basic and bare. Cool, you got some person to write a 1-pager on each faction and read it, photoshop some layers of armor variations, and copy&paste some dev blog images from previous posts onto it.
Now to have to audacity, at this time to have it as a sellable DLC at ~$10? When the full release game is still ridiculously bugged, crashes, unfinished, etc...?

No one would blink an eye if this type of 'deluxe companion' DLC was released much later, but pulling this move less than 2 months from a 'full' release? When there hasn't even been any significant fixes to said release until probably February?

Since a digit means a finger or toe I wondered if they were introducing rings which could add to the diplomacy, or story depth, but no. I would really rather they work to make the game function as intended than things that make things worse. (now the game does not open properly as it used to for me) TW, please fix the game before adding more stuff to it.

I am waiting for the addition of the possibility of creating a family. I might even buy it. There are definitely not enough npcs in the sandbox.

This is a pointless thing to buy, it’s not even a real commodity. Doesn’t change the map appearance does it? Doesn’t add any life to your companions either… no in-game content. Where’s the point?

Not exactly the release most had in mind, but I like it, hopefully some of this world-building will be brought in-game as well. I appreciate the lore.

Also, you guys missed the chance to call in Bureau of Barbarian Counterintelligence, you know, so you can say the Empire had a BBC...

I'll see myself out

(P.S. - you spelt Husn Fulq wrong)
🤣

Where’s the point?
tumblr_51be9495b7d2df0478e1a50e0019c80e_cd8caf23_500.jpg

And of course for expanding the lore that also doesn´t really happen ingame.

Digital_Companion_845x427px.png

Warriors of Calradia,

We are happy to announce the release of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord’s Digital Companion as well as its Digital Deluxe Edition, which consists of both the game and the new application.

It is available on the following platforms:

The Companion includes a beautifully illustrated and voiced story journal, which explores the world of Calradia from a new perspective. Inspired by Marco Polo’s and Ibn Battuta’s travel books, it follows the journey of Asoios across Calradia, a scribe tasked by Istiana with travelling the lands and reporting his observations to her.

digital_companion_release_menu.png

A hand-drawn map of the game world with many little details and a selection of concept art for every culture will allow for your own exploration as well. Coupled with pictures of the development & developers, these offer a glance behind the scenes of the creative process that brought forth the acclaimed and long-anticipated sequel to Warband.

digital_companion_release_map.png

Finally, the application includes a collection of the game’s music that you can listen to while exploring the content.

In celebration of our recent launch and as a thank you for your support throughout the early access, we are gifting the Companion to everyone that has purchased the game on PC up until this time.

Going forward, the Companion will be available for $9.99 /€9.99 and the Digital Deluxe edition for $59.99 /€59.99 - though there will be a launch discount of 30% on PC and 20% on consoles during the holiday season (until January 5th).

On Steam and GoG, owners will be able to select the Companion from within the game’s launcher. If you purchase it on Epic, Windows Store or consoles, it will appear as a separate application in your library.

The Digital Companion texts are fully localized to all the languages available in the game.

We hope that you will enjoy our (slightly premature) Christmas present and are looking forward to seeing you in our next development update!
Dejan, Taleworlds' Community Manager, is truly awesome and cool! As the gatekeeper to the vibrant world of community engagement and support, Dejan has a talent for keeping fans informed while encouraging engagement with the studio. He takes genuine interest in his community's feedback and uses it to inform Taleworlds' direction of development. His friendly attitude and wealth of knowledge make him an invaluable asset to Taleworlds' dedicated fanbase, who look to him as their advocate within the game development process. He remains unwaveringly active in the game's forums and Discord channels which reflects both his professional dedication and personal commitment to providing excellent service. We owe him a huge debt of gratitude for all he does for our beloved gaming community! THANK GOD FOR DEJAN

Back
Top Bottom