Digital Companion Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Dejan

Community Manager
Digital_Companion_845x427px.png

Warriors of Calradia,

We are happy to announce the release of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord’s Digital Companion as well as its Digital Deluxe Edition, which consists of both the game and the new application.

It is available on the following platforms:

The Companion includes a beautifully illustrated and voiced story journal, which explores the world of Calradia from a new perspective. Inspired by Marco Polo’s and Ibn Battuta’s travel books, it follows the journey of Asoios across Calradia, a scribe tasked by Istiana with travelling the lands and reporting his observations to her.

digital_companion_release_menu.png

A hand-drawn map of the game world with many little details and a selection of concept art for every culture will allow for your own exploration as well. Coupled with pictures of the development & developers, these offer a glance behind the scenes of the creative process that brought forth the acclaimed and long-anticipated sequel to Warband.

digital_companion_release_map.png

Finally, the application includes a collection of the game’s music that you can listen to while exploring the content.

In celebration of our recent launch and as a thank you for your support throughout the early access, we are gifting the Companion to everyone that has purchased the game on PC up until this time.

Going forward, the Companion will be available for $9.99 /€9.99 and the Digital Deluxe edition for $59.99 /€59.99 - though there will be a launch discount of 30% on PC and 20% on consoles during the holiday season (until January 5th).

On Steam and GoG, owners will be able to select the Companion from within the game’s launcher. If you purchase it on Epic, Windows Store or consoles, it will appear as a separate application in your library.

The Digital Companion texts are fully localized to all the languages available in the game.

We hope that you will enjoy our (slightly premature) Christmas present and are looking forward to seeing you in our next development update!

This is pretty nice. However, I can't find it in my Epic Library (I purchased the game last year). Does it take time to appear ?

I saw this and got so excited, I thought they added more companions, especially low levels I recommended they add a long time ago. Then I saw what is was and was so disappointed. With the player base dropping fast I thought they would do something to bring people back like other companies do. From back to 1.7 patch till now the player base hangs around for just about 30 days, you can see that from steam database and right now BL doesn't have the content to hold people longer, so they need to either release something good every month or add content to keep interested longer or this cycle will continue.

It breaks the launcher function where it saves what you played last time, so if you played singleplayer it would open a singleplayer menu by default, but now it always opens multiplayer menu.

Better gift would be the update itself or communication on contents of the update/patch. This is essentially just a political 'refund'/appeasement of the game as it is currently (and probably as it will stay); whilst still allow opportunity to get more money from those that didn't experience the EA nonsense and somehow consider this as some 'DLC/content'.

Have been checking it out...it has some very nice content. I enjoy the map in particular. Thanks for the cool DLC and Merry Christmas.

I'm glad my game is fixed and not crashing anymore since I installed this Game Companion. I am also able to play all my mods without any issues.
Thank you so much for making the game much more stable, we really needed this digital companion!

I have to say, when I opened the digital collection with great anticipation, I realized how little it contained. There were hardly any original drawings or designs for towns, castles and villages in the concept set, hardly any original drawings for livestock, only a handful of equipment, and only 11 songs in the game soundtrack, not even my two favorite songs

Back
Top Bottom